UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
According to the video at the link, the UK have identified the "band of Portugese thieves" who kidnapped little Maddie but international law prevents them from making an arrest.

The reporters are also stunned and at the end of the video even ask each other why wouldn't the UK give the Portugal authorities the information and have them go and arrest them. One reporter says that the problem is that the Portugal police do not want to discuss anything with the UK. (Even the identity of the alleged kidnappers??)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/01/0...-kidnapped-madeleine-mccann-can’t-arrest-them

Well I think we know who's responsible & it wasn't any Portuguese burglars !!

Seriously I don't believe for one minute that this story came from the 'Yard'.

Hubby was telling me about this a few days ago. Very strange.....

Almost seems like Portuguese police don't want to solve the case. Kind of makes you wonder why? Maybe there's a reason they don't want it solved...interesting. Seems like too much negligence in there part to be accidental.

Its a load of BALDERDASH.....

IF it was true SY would never have allowed this to be printed. This burglar theory has been the rounds for several years.

Well I think we know who's responsible & it wasn't any Portuguese burglars !!

Seriously I don't believe for one minute that this story came from the 'Yard'.

CORRECT.

Can you imagine anyway a gang of burglars fitting inside flat 5A and wouldn't they be noticed with all the foot traffic in the area at the time.

Also its not the sort of time a burglar would be out, as there are people walking about.

ONLY a few weeks back the papers were saying it was tractor man....

The official STATS for burglary in the ALGARVE was 66 reported in 2012.

6.5% of these were residential....

So are we to assume out of the Algarve the 6.5% were attributed to a small town?

:drumroll:

I don't understand why a band of burglars would take a child with them. If there are some problems, wouldn't it be a lot easier to make a quick and easy getaway without a distressed child to carry along.

I don't understand why a band of burglars would take a child with them. If there are some problems, wouldn't it be a lot easier to make a quick and easy getaway without a distressed child to carry along.

Yes !
Also the apartment hadn't been disturbed AT ALL.
There was plenty of easy-to-grab items laying around but not one of them took anything !!

1:30PM GMT 10 Jan 2014

Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal

A second "International Letter of Request" asking for assistance has been sent to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police detectives investigating Madeleine's disappearance.

“We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week in connection with Operation Grange.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...nd-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

Why do they need more help if they've already got the three burglars? :rolleyes:

Just another load of spin.

The British media is virtually muzzled by the UK's farcical libel laws, which explains the consistent refusal by the media to engage the legal side of Team McCann by performing any genuine investigative reporting.

Fortunately we have the internet and Wikileaks and access to unfettered information and opinion these days. You can fool some of the people some of the time...:seeya:

:drama:
The Times seems to be saying this “International Letter of Request” is due to the mobile analysis & the 3 (extremely inept) burglars ???

(Need to be a subscriber to read the full article)

But the Telegraph article states that
" Police refused to give any details about the nature of the assistance being sought, but the move appears to suggest that fresh suspects or promising new lines have been identified."
(snip)
It then says about previous IL of R's sent last year to 30 different countries.
"The requests relate to persons of interest and unidentified mobile phone numbers"

So all talk of burglars & mobile phones is just speculation & rumours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...nd-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

Why do they need more help if they've already got the three burglars? :rolleyes:

:floorlaugh:

Let's hope they haven't got wind of this £6 million investigation & still have their 7 year old Pay-as-You-Go phones !!!! :facepalm:

They failed Burglar school didn't they?

Enter an apartment, get frightened by the appearance of a 3 year old, take her yet no cameras cash money. They didn't even look for any. Breakin Fail.

Were all 3 behind the bedroom door when Gerry emptied his bladder?

Extraordinary!

Oops !!
Sorry, phone posted without realising (or finished typing)

:dunno:

Honestly, my mind is completely boggled as to WTF is going on at Scotland Yard !

By all accounts the Met. are having a very bad week.

Stories regarding *'endemic corruption' (nothing new there !) are the the latest headlines, along with the fallout of the Mark Duggan shooting.

There is also rumours of another scandal surfacing involving Sir B.H.H. (I have no idea what).

* http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ed-to-address-endemic-corruption-9050224.html

They failed Burglar school didn't they?

Enter an apartment, get frightened by the appearance of a 3 year old, take her yet no cameras cash money. They didn't even look for any. Breakin Fail.

Were all 3 behind the bedroom door when Gerry emptied his bladder?

Extraordinary!

Did all three escape through the window with Maddie?

Well, the BBC also has the article but citing the daily mirror as their source.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25710744

A Freedom of Information request showed that from May 2011 up to 31 August last year, Operation Grange had cost £4.7m, with 29 police officers and eight support staff assigned to the investigation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25710744

Wow. Not sure if my conversion is correct but that's almost 8 million dollars and still not any closer to finding Madeleine.

I don't believe 3 Portuguese burglars took her. The theory is insane IMO

That and the fact nothing was taken. 3 burglars. C'mon is this a joke? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46