'Gilligan's Island' Star Russell Johnson Dies of Kidney Failure

Softail

Reaction score
RIP Professor!

'Gilligan's Island' Star Russell Johnson Dies of Kidney Failure

Russell Johnson, the actor best known for playing the Professor on "Gilligan's Island," has died.

ABC News confirmed with the actor's wife, Constance, that the 89-year-old TV star died early this morning of kidney failure.

"He died at home, peaceful, in his sleep at 5:21 am today," she said. "[He was] a very brave guy who knew what he wanted, and he wanted to be at home."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...johnson-dies-kidney-failure/story?id=21561740

Russell Johnson, The Professor on Gilligan's Island, Dead at 89

Natalie Finn, eonline
Seconds ago

Sadly, another castaway has left the island for good.

Russell Johnson, best known for playing the brainy Professor on Gilligan's Island, has died, E! News confirms. He was 89 and the last surviving male star from the classic 1960s sitcom—which famously listed all of its characters in the more well-known version of its iconic opening theme song.

We're told that the actor died of natural causes Thursday at 5:21 a.m. at his home with wife Constance and daughter Kim by his side...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20140116/b500305/

Awww....I always hoped he and Mary Ann would hook up.

I always hoped that me and Mary Anne would hook up! :sigh:

Supposedly there is a Gilligan's Island movie script floating around in Hollywood.

Loved Gilligan's Island!Was just thinking the other day,I wished I could find some old reruns on one of my many channels,but no luck.Not so sure about a new movie,to me it's one of those shows that should be left alone!Nothing like the original!In my opinion,anyways!

Loved Gilligan's Island!Was just thinking the other day,I wished I could find some old reruns on one of my many channels,but no luck.Not so sure about a new movie,to me it's one of those shows that should be left alone!Nothing like the original!In my opinion,anyways!

I loved the show too, but then I saw it as an adult and wondered WTF I had found so amusing. :waitasec:

Reast in peace professor, and thank you for the wonderful childhood memories you brought to so many homes. Good wholesome fun, and innocent laughter, the world could use more like you and the crew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back