GUILTY NY - Myls Dobson, 4, tortured, starved to death, NYC, 8 Jan 2014

So glad you did, Salem. This baby was put through hell. His baby hands and feet were tied up and he was left in a dark room, he wasn't fed for days. DAYS. He had scars and contusions all over his little baby body.

From article quoted above:

January 7, during subfreezing temperatures, King told police she allegedly locked the child, wearing only a T-shirt and shorts, outside on a balcony from 20 minutes to an hour, the complaint said. That same day, she allegedly locked the boy inside a dark bathroom for about three hours.

Look at this little sassy, sweet pumpkin.

Myls.jpg

So, as I understand it. In America if the mother falls on hard times there is no welfare payments? Doesn't the father have to pay maintenance to the mother for the child?
Is there no help for her to keep her child. The father can be a criminal with money so he gets to keep the child. Why wasn't there a red flag when the father was incarcerated?

Children could be left all on their own to fend for themselves if the parent is sent to gaol with no one to check on them. This is ludicrous. Sorry, MOO

One more pic of this adorable little boy.

Myls.jpg

Wow. Apparently his little body is unclaimed in a morgue because family can't get it together. I wish he were so battled over when he was alive!!!

Why was this little boy left in the care of this person anyway? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't leave my guinea pig in the care of a virtual stranger! Now all of a sudden relatives are coming out of the woodwork?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/body-myls-dobson-remains-unclaimed-article-1.1579293

Its a very sad story :( I think Myls had parents that were good to him, when they were around. Mom apparently had some issues, so Myls went with dad. Dad was arrested and left Myls with his girlfriend (at least that how I interpret it) and that's when things fell apart for Myls :(

My personal opinion is that the girlfriend probably kept friends/family from seeing or interacting with Myls and the friends/family did not fight back strongly enough.

And then of course there is CPS - who was charged with keeping on eye on Myls. I can't say what I would like to say about them.

This baby was let down, neglected and ignored resulting in his horrific abuse. It just breaks my heart. We need more guardian angels for these children.

Salem

PS - the pictures are adorable. Thank you so much for finding and posting them.

Wow. Apparently his little body is unclaimed in a morgue because family can't get it together. I wish he were so battled over when he was alive!!!

Why was this little boy left in the care of this person anyway? I'm sorry, but I wouldn't leave my guinea pig in the care of a virtual stranger! Now all of a sudden relatives are coming out of the woodwork?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/body-myls-dobson-remains-unclaimed-article-1.1579293

From your article and this just made me choke on my sandwich :banghead: I can't take the bold off so I made the font size a bit bigger:
Both the mother and father of Myls Dobson, whose body remains unclaimed after his brutal death, want separate final control over their son's body. Meanwhile, Myls' jailed father, Okee Wade, found out Tuesday he should have never been put behind bars and away from his son in the first place.

I send prayers that the mom and dad will do the right thing by this child now, working together to make sure he is properly laid to rest.

UGH!!!!! This just breaks my heart.

Salem

Aww, man... little guy.. so cute. I can't fathom someone knowingly doing this crap and yet it happens over and over again. So sorry this woman failed you, cutie. You could have been anything you wanted to.

OT sorta - is the "babysitter's" name pronounced like "crazy"? Sorry, I read the article and had to ask.

That's how I would pronounce it, AZPistonsGirl. And I will just stop right there.

Salem

That poor little boy, he never had a chance. From what I read, he was taken away from the natural mother because she abused him. The father got custody and when he got locked up in NJ, he asked his girlfriend to take care of Myls.

His [modsnip: replace original] transgendered girlfriend goes by the name of Kryzie (not her real name) and she lives in a luxury building. I know the building and rent is 3,000 - 5000+ a month.

Now it gets even stranger. The father claims he doesn't even know who Kryzie is. He claims her never met her and she is not his girlfriend. If that's true, how in the world did she get a hold of his child?

I send prayers that the mom and dad will do the right thing by this child now, working together to make sure he is properly laid to rest.

UGH!!!!! This just breaks my heart.

Salem

Salem, you have such a wonderful heart! :(

So, as I understand it. In America if the mother falls on hard times there is no welfare payments? Doesn't the father have to pay maintenance to the mother for the child?
Is there no help for her to keep her child. The father can be a criminal with money so he gets to keep the child. Why wasn't there a red flag when the father was incarcerated?

Children could be left all on their own to fend for themselves if the parent is sent to gaol with no one to check on them. This is ludicrous. Sorry, MOO

It sounds like this went way beyond "mother falls on hard times" or money/welfare issues.

This little boy just hurts me so much. The pic above of him laying in bed with the ratty looking little stuffed animal just breaks my heart. My niece drug around a little blanket everywhere she went for years, she called it her "sippy". It was nothing but a piece of lining before she gave it up lol. I'm sure that was Myls' comfort toy.

This poor little guy never had a chance- being bounced around from one relative to another. How could any human being torture a little innocent baby like that?
I hope the police have enough evidence to make sure this person is never our among society again. Maybe the father is denying knowing the "woman" because his relationship with her was on the DL.....

Oh my... Poor little Myls gets more respect in death than he ever did in his short life. So sorry that so many failed you, little one. :cry:

NY_boy_funeral_NYT_360x270.JPG

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Kryzie-King-Myls-Dobson-Murder-Charges-263820031.html

The caregiver accused of starving and torturing 4-year-old Myls Dobson while his father was in jail has been indicted for murder in the child's death.

Kryzie King, who pleaded not guilty to assaulting and endangering Dobson in February, was charged with second-degree murder and first-degree assault charges Thursday. She entered a plea of not guilty and a trial was set for Sept. 17.

Prosecutors say King seared Myls' leg with a hot oven rack, bound him with shoelaces, whipped him with a wire, beat him with a belt and watched him starve before he was found unconscious in her Times Square apartment in January with burns and cuts on his body.

The monster who abused 4-year-old Myls Dobson pleaded guilty to murder Thursday as prosecutors revealed that the doomed tot had likely been dead for 24 hours before she even called 911.

The chilling new detail was disclosed as Kryzie King pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, several counts of assault and related charges for burning, beating and starving the little boy, the son of a male acquaintance.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...guilty-murder-myls-dobson-4-article-1.2812077

King will be sentenced on October 21. (Word of warning: details in the article at the link are disturbing :()

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back