CANADA Canada - Pierre Mercon, 21, Richmond Hill, Ont, 1 Nov 1996

dotr

Reaction score
ImageHandler.ashx

http://www.yrp.ca/default.aspx?pg=e2c6a32d-6996-4e93-95d1-a8adddf63cdf

Pierre Mercon was last seen in the early morning hours of November 1, 1996 at approximately 2 a.m. He had attended a Halloween party which had taken place at the Original Six Sports Bar located at 14 Oxford Street in the Town of Richmond Hill. Mercon was born on February 27, 1975 and is described as a white male, approximately 181 cms (5'11") in height and 100 kg (220 lbs.) in weight, with hazel eyes and brown hair. Mr. Mercon has a prominent tattoo of Uruguay on his right shoulder. At the time he was last seen he was wearing Army fatigues, work boots, army style rain poncho and green wool hat and a long black wig. Foul play is strongly suspected in his disappearance.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the York Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 1-866-876-5423 x 7865, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637).

This name has popped up on the "Lyle Stevik' thread.

"Pierre Mercon Pierre Mercon
Case #: 1996-131333
Date: November 1, 1996
Summary: Pierre Mercon was last seen in the early morning hours of November 1, 1996 at approximately 2 a.m. He had attended a Halloween party which had taken place at the Original Six Sports Bar located at 14 Oxford Street in the Town of Richmond Hill. Mercon was born on February 27, 1975 and is described as a white male, approximately 181 cms (5'11") in height and 100 kg (220 lbs.) in weight, with hazel eyes and brown hair. Mr. Mercon has a prominent tattoo of Uruguay on his right shoulder. At the time he was last seen he was wearing Army fatigues, work boots, army style rain poncho and green wool hat and a long black wig. Foul play is strongly suspected in his disappearance.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the York Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 1-866-876-5423 x 7865, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637)"

http://www.nampn.org/cases/mercon_pierre.html

"Missing Since: November 1, 1996 from Richmond Hill, Ontario
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: February 27, 1975
Height: 5'11" (181 cm.)
Weight: 220 lbs. (100 kg.)
Hair Color:Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Mercon has a prominent tattoo
of Uruguay on his right shoulder.
Clothing: Army fatigues, work boots, army style rain poncho
and green wool hat and a long black wig.

Details of Disappearance
Pierre Mercon was last seen in the early morning hours of November 1, 1996 at approximately 2:00am. He had attended a Halloween party which had taken place at the Original Six Sports Bar located at 14 Oxford Street in the Town of Richmond Hill. Foul Play is strongly suspected in this case."

This name has popped up on the "Lyle Stevik' thread.

"Pierre Mercon Pierre Mercon
Case #: 1996-131333
Date: November 1, 1996
Summary: Pierre Mercon was last seen in the early morning hours of November 1, 1996 at approximately 2 a.m. He had attended a Halloween party which had taken place at the Original Six Sports Bar located at 14 Oxford Street in the Town of Richmond Hill. Mercon was born on February 27, 1975 and is described as a white male, approximately 181 cms (5'11") in height and 100 kg (220 lbs.) in weight, with hazel eyes and brown hair. Mr. Mercon has a prominent tattoo of Uruguay on his right shoulder. At the time he was last seen he was wearing Army fatigues, work boots, army style rain poncho and green wool hat and a long black wig. Foul play is strongly suspected in his disappearance.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the York Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 1-866-876-5423 x 7865, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637)"

Wonder if any of Mr Mercon's items have ever turned up somewhere? Some of those items might come in handy to someone in need or want of items like work boots, an army style rain poncho or a green wool hat ? jmo.
The long black wig is also an interesting item.

That Uruguay tattoo is pretty distinctive. Wondering if he had a connection to the country or maybe had spent some time there.

Wonder if any of Mr Mercon's items have ever turned up somewhere? Some of those items might come in handy to someone in need or want of items like work boots, an army style rain poncho or a green wool hat ? jmo.

He was at a Halloween party. I'm guessing the black wig was his disguise.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mercon was last seen in Richmond Hill Ontario in the early morning hours of November 1, 1996. He had attended a Halloween party which had taken place at the Original Six Sports Bar located at 14 Oxford Street in the Town of Richmond Hill.
Mercon phoned his mother from the pay phone outside the bar and asked her to pick him up at a nearby corner. She had driven him there earlier in the evening so he could celebrate with colleagues who had just finished a federal job training program.
Mercon's mother drove to a prearranged street corner to pick up her son and found it empty with no one in sight. He and his mother were close and didn't mind his calling for a lift. That night there were upward of 200 patrons in the now defunct Original Six Sports Bar.
Only his poncho has ever turned up. It was found under the table where Mercon had been sitting.
His bank account, from which he used to withdraw $20 nearly every day, remains open but untouched.
Investigators determined Mercon had no enemies, no heavy drug-use background, no debts and no reported threats against him.
Foul play is strongly suspected in the disappearance.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1503dmon.html

I wonder why they "strongly" suspect foul play.

I wonder why they "strongly" suspect foul play.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. It was a Halloween party, he might have been drunk or high or whatever and could have had an accident. It's strange that his body wouldn't have been found but this has happened before and remains were found after decades.

Wondering if Mr Mercon was singled out because his Halloween costume offended someone?

No other items ever turned up, only the rain poncho that he borrowed from his brother.

I believe that the poncho was discovered under the table.

I am wondering how thoroughly the police investigated the crowd that was at the bar that night.

It is quite possible that he had an altercation with someone that he wrote off as minor, but that the person took serious exception to.

Lucho1970, do you mind me asking if you are a friend of, or related to, Mr. Mercon?

If you click on the map link I provided above, and zoom in on the plaza, I am pretty sure the phone booth Pierre used is the one seen there.

I've also thought of the possibility that he might have been gay and LE suspect a hate crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back