Suspect: Clyde Edwin Hedrick *GUILTY*

Loose Ends

Reaction score
Here's the links again:
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/04/clyde_hedrick_ellen_beason_cold_case.php
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9397948

Your links have a double http:// so they're not resolving properly.

From the abc post:
Miller's determination could soon pay off at the upcoming trial of Clyde Hedrick, 60. Hedrick was just charged eight months ago with the 1984 murder of Elena Rae Beasom. Prosecutors say they could present evidence tying Hedrick to Laura Miller's murder in 1984, and the 1983 murder of Heide Faye. Both girls were found in the so-called 'killing fields' off I-45.

Wow! This is huge news!! I've always been particularly interested in these murders due to location. I'll be paying close attention to this.

I just had to post a picture of the suspect, Clyde Edwin Hendricks and his luxurious blonde mullet.

hedrick2.jpg

I can find info here on the forum & other links on Laura & Heidi, but it appears Elena Rae Beasom wasn't considered a Killing Fields victim. Can this be right?

I can not find any information anywhere on her.

I can find info here on the forum & other links on Laura & Heidi, but it appears Elena Rae Beasom wasn't considered a Killing Fields victim. Can this be right?

It was always my understanding that there were four victims found in the same field close to each other, Laura Miller, Heidi Fye, and two still unknown Jane and Janet Doe. These were always considered the very first "Killing Fields" victims. All the girls found murdered along I45 south thereafter were kind of lumped in together, kind of a "Highway of Tears" type situation but they were all just dubbed the "Killing Fields".

Beason's death wasn't classified as a homicide until last year because the pathologist failed to note a skull fracture during the autopsy. In November 2011, Hedrick's ex-wife finally spilled the beans to LE. He admitted to her he choked Beason during "a drug deal gone bad", and then had sex with her body. Her body was exhumed in March 2012, and the skull fracture was noted. He was arrested a year later.

Murder charge filed in 1984 death
By Mike Glenn, Carol Christian | April 5, 2013 | Updated: April 5, 2013 11:13pm

A skull fracture that was missed during the autopsy of a Galveston County woman kept her death from being ruled a homicide for almost three decades.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Clyde Edwin Hedrick, 59, is in the Galveston County Jail charged with murder after his arrest Thursday. Beason, 30, was found wedged under a sofa in a heavily overgrown area off Old Causeway Road in Galveston County, authorities said. Homicide detectives were suspicious of Hedrick almost from the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beason's remains were removed March 26, 2012, from her grave in Forest Park East Cemetery in Webster and were delivered to the University of North Texas Health Science Center for examination, records state. "The forensic pathologist examined the body and found a fractured skull that was very obvious. It occurred at or near the time of death," Cook said.

This blog post says he passed a polygraph in 1985, so the case was closed (even though Beason's body was found hidden under a couch off the side of Old Galveston Rd).

"I met her that day and we went swimming in the Dickinson sand pit," Hedrick told Local 2 Investigates during an interview at the Galveston County Jail. "My truck got stuck and when I got it out I went to get Ellen and she was floating the water. I pulled her out and tried to do CPR."

Hedrick said there were four other people swimming with him and Beason that day, but he does not know the identity of those individuals and said they had left before she drowned.

"I put her body in my truck to take her to the hospital but on the way I panicked that no one would believe me that she drowned," Hedrick said. "Paranoia set in, I knew I couldn't drive around with a dead body in my truck so I stopped. Then I realized I had to pee. While I was 'peeing' I saw the couch and thought I would put her there while I went to get help."
http://www.click2houston.com/news/a...rs/-/1735978/23907126/-/12tlb7dz/-/index.html

There are too many women to count, who were killed in the vicinity and weren't declared a part of anything by the media. Just because she wasn't mentioned with Killing Fields doesn't mean she wasn't.

http://news92fm.com/407958/possible-new-evidence-in-the-killing-fields-case/

For some reason Clyde Edwin Hedrick is thought to be a suspect in the killing fields murders, he is currently on trial for an unrelated murder that occurred around the same time the killing fields murders were going on. My first thought was nope, no freaking way. IMO he isn't the guy LE is looking for, but LE sounds so sure. There has always been talk that LE was some how involved in this case, sadly I don't doubt it. Too much "lost" evidence for me to ever think anything different.

Welcome to the thread!!

And definitely be careful who you speak to about the case, I have come up with some interesting matches for the two unidentified victims, some I have shared on WS..and the thought of contacting LE has crossed my mind, but I always change my mind. Something is fishy here, and whatever happened to these women is still trying to be hidden today.

He looks too much like a tweaker to me to carry out these types of murders. I'm 99.9% sure he isn't the guy.

LE does like to close cases, however, and will often try and pin crimes on anyone they can.

Tim Miller, father of Laura Miller is attending Clyde Hedricks trial everyday in Galveston. He seems to think Hedrick killed his daughter as well as one other girl identified as a "Killing Field" victim. There are several serial killers who deposited bodies along the I45 corridor, and all are referred to as 'Killing Field' victims although only 4 bodies were found at the Calder Rd. location. I think Tim Miller has been told of the evidence against Hedrick in reference to his daughter by LE. Prosecutors in the Hedrick case have indicated that evidence against Hedrick of these 2 other murders MAY come out in the Beason trial. Beason's body was not located at the Calder Rd. location although not too far from there (in the same general area). I would not discount the posibility & probability that Hedrick did kill these 2 girls along w/Beason. There may even be more he is responsible for.

Tim Miller, father of Laura Miller is attending Clyde Hedricks trial everyday in Galveston. He seems to think Hedrick killed his daughter as well as one other girl identified as a "Killing Field" victim. There are several serial killers who deposited bodies along the I45 corridor, and all are referred to as 'Killing Field' victims although only 4 bodies were found at the Calder Rd. location. I think Tim Miller has been told of the evidence against Hedrick in reference to his daughter by LE. Prosecutors in the Hedrick case have indicated that evidence against Hedrick of these 2 other murders MAY come out in the Beason trial. Beason's body was not located at the Calder Rd. location although not too far from there (in the same general area). I would not discount the posibility & probability that Hedrick did kill these 2 girls along w/Beason. There may even be more he is responsible for.

. All four victims were laying nude on the ground, face up and under trees with their arms crossed. They were placed within a hundred yard radius apart from each other. As if the killer had premeditated to create his own necropolis.

Heidi went missing October 1983
Laura went missing September 1984
they were both found in the killings fields along with two unidentified women one found the same day as Laura in 1986 and the other found years later in 1991.

Ellen Beason went missing July 1984 and was not found in the killing fields, she wasn't laid out on display either, she was hidden under a couch near the old galveston causeway.

IMO if Hedrick was responsible for the killing fields murders, he would have placed Ellen on display too where all of the other women were found. Hedrick tried to conceal Ellen's body, which isn't the case when it comes to the fields.
I do believe Hedrick is responsible for Ellen's death..but I think LE is barkin up the wrong tree when it comes to the fields.

Clyde Hedrick found GUILTY for the 30 year old murder of Ellen Rae Beason.

Before this trial began, prosecutors filed documents with the court indicating they may bring up information that Hedrick was also possibly involved in the deaths of Laura Miller and Heidi Marie Fye in the mid-1980s. Both deaths are considered part of the so-called "Killing Fields" murders and have never been solved. Prosecutors will wait until after the punishment phase of trial to discuss it.

Tim Miller, Laura's father and founder of Texas EquuSearch, along with Fye's family have attended Hedrick's trial every day.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/j...839014813&tml=hou_break&tmi=hou_break_1_03350

Soon there will be breaking news about the killing fields. Hedrick isnt the guy. You're gonna be surprised who all was allegedly involved according to a man who dumped bodies in Fort Bend and TRIED to let locals know where more are but was ignored. Lost evidence, filed down 22 caliber slug. Texas Moon Club, Miller, Bandido's, Drugs, Robert Abel, LCPD, Corvette Concept killings, and ONE good Texas City cop! Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, theres a storm cloud rising.

Soon there will be breaking news about the killing fields. Hedrick isnt the guy. You're gonna be surprised who all was allegedly involved according to a man who dumped bodies in Fort Bend and TRIED to let locals know where more are but was ignored. Lost evidence, filed down 22 caliber slug. Texas Moon Club, Miller, Bandido's, Drugs, Robert Abel, LCPD, Corvette Concept killings, and ONE good Texas City cop! Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, theres a storm cloud rising.

How do you know this and how long will we have to wait?

Actually LE doesn't seem so gung ho about charging Clyde Hendrick for any other murders, in my opinion. They seem to be backing off.

Actually LE doesn't seem so gung ho about charging Clyde Hendrick for any other murders, in my opinion. They seem to be backing off.

There are many, many differences between the one he was convicted of and the four Killing Field murders. The four who ended up in the Calder field were almost certainly killed by the same man. They posing of the bodies, the disposal site. Too many similarities to be different killers. Either Hendrik did all of them, or none of the Calder field murders. Since his own crime for which he was convicted is so different, and he has not been connected to the fields with any other evidence, I will assume he is not the culprit of those killings until better evidence is available.

Tim Miller might be convinced Hendrick is the man who killed his daughter. But lets not forget that Tim Miller spent a decade harassing Robert Abel, a man who was first fingered by a sloppy FBI profile that the FBI ultimately disowned, and against whom no evidence was ever found, despite numerous searches of his property. I respect the work Tim does with Equusearch, but his harassment campaign of violence and intimidation against Abel, and his questionable claims (he claimed once to have put a gun to Abel's head and dragged him outside - a claim Abel said was completely untrue, he also claimed to apologize to Abel and "threw my arms around him and told him I was sorry", Abel never verified this either) lead me to believe his judgement is not reliable. The guy has been through hell, and he does some good work, but I'm not convinced he is capable of discerning a good suspect from a bad one.

And if the same LE department is in charge of the Hendrick investigation that spent a decade harassing Abel, while not protecting him from harassment from the community at large, then I have little faith in their suspicions either. They spent a decade hounding an innocent man while killings continued to happen under their noses. And they refused to back off after the FBI disowned their original profile that put Abel in their sights. If there is any cover-up at all (as Texasguy insists there is), it is simply an attempt to hide their own incompetence, not to "protect powerful people". More like protecting their own butts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back