UNSOLVED FL - Tallahassee, off Pullen Rd, remains in wooded area, Jan'14

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
Older article from 2014 but still has some details:

Police found a dead body in a barren wooded area of a Northwest Tallahassee neighborhood Tuesday afternoon while tracking down a burglary suspect.

Investigators walked through the sparsely wooded area on Pullen Road near Graves Road Tuesday evening. The property is among several homes and apartment buildings and seemed to have a path that used to serve as a driveway.

Police were originally in the area for a different reason, to capture and arrest 20-year-old Mark A. Ford at the Red Roof Inn on Hospitality Road. Police had probable cause to arrest Ford on a burglary charge in an unrelated incident.

When they arrived at the hotel, just off North Monroe Street, Ford ran away and police followed, said Officer David Northway, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.

Ford took off west through the neighborhood. While trotting through the field, a K-9 officer found the body.

Very little information was released, including if the discovery was a man, woman or child. A funeral home carried the body out of the woods just before 6 p.m.

“We have no information on the body at this point at all,” Northway said. Investigators were in the early stages of the investigation Tuesday evening when they canvassed the area. The body, Northway said, had been there for “a long time.”

TPD investigates all unattended deaths — those without witnesses — as homicides.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2014/01/15/police-find-body-in-woods/4486465/

btw - burglar they were chasing has been caught

Local LE are notorious for not releasing updates or resolutions on missing persons cases. It's so frustrating. Big bend crime stoppers site has some info on persons missing for longer periods (including surrounding cities), but even they have outdated info - for instance, Ivan Aguilar was found deceased in 2018. I did look on FDLE's site and there are 11 missing/unidentified for Leon County (most with little info on last whereabouts, etc). This case is not listed, so it's possible it's been resolved. There are two unidentified listed and 9 missing.

More remains were recently found in Leon County - I'll post those in a separate thread.

Your comment made me go look, so I just searched Namus and found 13 in Tallahassee/Leon County - not sure if this link will work, but this is the results page:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unfortunately your link just brought up all the missing persons in Namus :p

And yes, there are many missing persons listed in NamUs from Leon/Tallahassee. The unidentified cases are what's missing, or more likely just not made public.

Unfortunately your link just brought up all the missing persons in Namus :p

And yes, there are many missing persons listed in NamUs from Leon/Tallahassee. The unidentified cases are what's missing, or more likely just not made public.

I had a feeling that's what it would do!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back