SC SC - Diana Willmeth, 36, Gaston, 6 May 2005

carolina

Reaction score
Diana Willmeth, 36 has been missing for almost a week now from Gaston, a small town outside of Columbia. Last night I was watching the news and another woman, Jaime Binkley, 28 is now missing from the same town. It doesn't seem like much is known about either one of their disapperances based on the news reports I have heard.

Here is their link...

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3333019&nav=0RaMZkpX

and prayers for their safe quick return.

Im in NC but if you sneeze you'll be in SC and Im frustrated because,again,theres a regional missing person AND its NOT reported by media here!!!!!!

Theyre STILL talking about a certain Georgia "Bride to Be'!!!! :doh:

I swear I get more local news HERE than from the TV or papers!!!

messiecake said:
Im in NC but if you sneeze you'll be in SC and Im frustrated because,again,theres a regional missing person AND its NOT reported by media here!!!!!!

Theyre STILL talking about a certain Georgia "Bride to Be'!!!! :doh:

I swear I get more local news HERE than from the TV or papers!!!
How annoying. I have not heard of these missing women. I too live in NC and also 'if you sneeze you'll be in SC '.

MessieCake: Maybe we should both contact WBTV. I am assuming you live in the same area I do.

so have the local LE considered the possibility that these two missing persons may be connected????

Jamie Binkley was found on the 13 alive and well. She had gone to find drugs! The other woman, Diana Willmeth is still missing and police suspect foul play.

Animal04216 said:
Jamie Binkley was found on the 13 alive and well. She had gone to find drugs! The other woman, Diana Willmeth is still missing and police suspect foul play.
doh! :loser:

I hope LE is wrong!
thoughts for the families and for her safe return!

i think she is from spartanburg buit i could definately be wrong!

i dont know because while we are on the subject of poor news coverage, i am in columbia and i have never seen ANYTHING on the news about tamika.

Diana was from Gaston, South Carolina
She is not listed with The Center of Missing Adults! (WHY)
Why can't are community come together, like most states would?
My heart goes out to the Family of Diana, Most people these days use the web for help (why not her) Like a web site! I did a search on her and this is what I found!
Foul Play Suspected in Woman's Disappearance
crimestopperslogo%20copy.gif
(Lexington) - Diana Willmeth was last seen leaving Lucky's Bar on Edmund Highway in Lexington County. Investigators believe she made it home, but they're not sure what happened next.

"We are looking at the possibility of foul play in this case," said Sheriff James Metts.

Metts says investigators found Willmeth's car, keys and cellphone at her home in Gaston. The lights were on and the back door was open. Willmeth's four dogs and two cats had no extra food and water.

He says it's highly unlikely Willmeth just picked up and left on her own. She's been missing since May 6th.

"It doesn't look good," said Gerda Willmeth, Diana's mother.

She says Diana always called and let them know her whereabouts.

Now the Willmeth's are waiting by the phone, hoping to hear something from Diana, or the Sheriff's Department.

If you have any information on this case, you're asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-559-TIPS. There is a cash reward. All calls are anonymous.
smith_willmeth_crimestoppers.wmv
0559144119_willmeth,diana.gif

I have not heard anything else on this case at all! (WHY)
Why dont she have fliers all over the place all I found again was this!
<LI class=first>forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=410534893&tstart=0&mod=1116311935452 My Friend Is Missing Please Look ccheyanne01 (2042
IconRedStar_25x25.gif
) View Listings | Report May-11-05 21:36 PDT A friend of mine is missing since Friday night. I fear the worst at this point. She lives about 5 minutes from me and police have searched about a 15 mile radius of her home on the ground and with helicopters.
She runs a non-profit, no-kill animal shelter on her property and would never just leave her animals (or her cell phone). I know if she had to be away she would have called me to ask that I look after the animals.
Please look at the link and pass it around.
Someone somewhere knows something!!
Another woman in our town has also disappeared over the weekend.
Please pray for these 2 ladies and their families. Thank you!
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3319397&nav=0RaMZkpX

Seems they would search more then a 15 mile radius. Others I have seen where they ask people to check property etc. I wander if they did this in this case! We have had a lot of missing women in SC where is the justice? They need to do more for missing people in SC for missing Adults. I live here in SC and also never heard of Tamika Either till I came to this site! Makes me wander how many more
cases that have not been Reported to the news or media! I'm just really concerned. Also I saw one on the board about travelers rest? Cant find information on that either! was that person Located?

PRAYERS TO EVERYONE WHO IS MISSING MY HEART GOES OUT TO THERE FAMILIES AND THE ONES MISSING!

To a answer above thread!
Tamika Antonette Huston is from spartanburg SC!</FONT>

Please keep Praying for this one!
Still Missing and Unsolved!:furious:

Hope fades for safe return of Lexington Co. woman
Email to a FriendPrinter Friendly Version
3445110_BG1.jpg
Diana Willmeth
Jennifer Miskewicz on the search for a missing Lexington Co. womanif (document.layers) {document.write('\\'); document.close();}coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');
c_hb_tl.gif
Also on WIStv.comMinibottles on the way out in SC
"Mrs. Robinson" dies of cancer at 73
Sanford signs domestic violence bill into law
240 new jobs, $400M investment coming to Allendale, Clarendon
Hope fades for safe return of Lexington Co. woman
Lightning cited in Columbia apartment fire
Fatal accident on Interstate 77
Power outage leaves Lexington in the dark
USC season ends with 5-0 loss to Ga. Tech
Teacher expo exemplifies glaring differences in SC districts

(Gaston) June 7, 2005 - The past month has taken a toll on Marion and Gerda Willmeth. That's how long it's been since their daughter Diana disappeared.

Marion says he wants answers, "I go somewhere and come back and look for her car to be there. I go out to her place and look for her car to be gone. She's just missing. There's a part of my life missing, and I want to know where she's at." Gerda still catches herself, "I still go to the store and say hey, Diana would like that, maybe I should get it for her, but now I have to be more careful."

Investigators say 36-year-old Diana was last seen leaving Lucky's Bar near South Congaree around 2:00am May 6th.

Two days later, family found Diana's house and pick-up unlocked. Her cell phone and wallet were inside and the pets she adored were in the yard.

Investigators went to Diana's neighborhood to see if anyone had seen anything. Family says SLED combed through Diana's house, but a month later, still no sign of Diana.

Sheriff James Metts doesn't feel good about it, "I personally do not believe she is [still alive], but then again, we'll have to wait and find out, but I have reason to believe she may not be alive." He won't say more, except they are talking to a person of interest.

Marion fears the worst, "I believe somebody, and somebody she knew, maybe not well, came to talk to her, and she just left or was taken." Gerda agrees with her husband, "Diana would not have left the animals unattended. She fought too hard to keep them."

The Willmeths are offering a $5000 reward for information leading to what happened to their daughter.

By Jennifer Miskewicz
Posted 7:55pm by BrettWitt

(Lexington) June 8, 2005

- News 10 has learned that the Lexington County Sheriff's Department is searching for a person who may be able to help resolve the disappearance of a 36-year-old Gatson woman who was reported missing more than a month ago.

Lexington County Sheriff James R. Metts said detectives want to identify and question a man who was in the missing woman's social circle. The man was befriended by Diana Willmeth, who has been missing from her home since May 6th. The man does not have a permanent address.

Detectives think he has information that could help solve the case. He is being described as having multiple tattoos, one of barbed wire on his right arm near the wrist. Metts said the man is white and could be between 25 and 40 years of age, between 5'8" and 6' tall and weighing between 160 and 190 pounds. He has reddish brown hair and green or hazel eyes.

"Diana took in stray animals and befriended people who were down on their luck," Metts said. "The perpetrator or perpetrators targeted Diana because they knew that they could find her alone at her home on the night that she was last seen alive."

The person or persons who abducted Willmeth were very familiar with her, her home and her personal habits, said Metts. They took steps to avoid being identified and apprehended by law enforcement, which makes them dangerous.

Willmeth has not made contact with her family since she was last seen around 2:30am on Friday, May 6th. Deputies have entered Willmeth as an endangered missing person on the National Crime Information Center computer database. Willmeth, who is white, is 5'5" tall and weighs about 150 pounds. She was last seen wearing a baseball cap and an off-white shirt.

The Willmeths are offering a $5000 reward for information leading to what happened to their daughter. CrimeStoppers is offering an additional reward, anyone with information is asked to call the sheriff's department at (803) 785-8230 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-559-TIPS.

Sketch of person of interest:
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3447921&nav=0RaPanbu

Missing Person
Detectives with the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department need help from the public in identifying and locating a person who has information that could help resolve the disappearance of a 36-year-old Gaston woman who was reported missing one month ago.</SPAN>

Lexington</SPAN> County Sheriff James R. Metts said detectives want to identify and question a man who was in the missing woman’s social circle. The man was befriended by Diana Willmeth, who has been missing from her home since May 6. The man does not have a permanent address.

Detectives think the man has information that could help solve the case, Metts said.</SPAN>

“Detectives are continuing to relentlessly follow up on leads in this case, and they are continuing to interview anyone who knew Diana Willmeth or was in her social circle,” Metts said. “Diana was a victim of foul play who did not deserve to be abducted from her home.”</SPAN>

On Wednesday, Metts released a composite sketch of the man whom</SPAN>
DW-TATOO.JPG
investigators are trying to identify and interview as well as a composite sketch of a barbed wire tattoo that the man has on his right arm near the wrist. The man has multiple tattoos.</SPAN>
POIDW.JPG

Metts said the man is white and age 25 to 40. The man is between 5-foot-8 and 6-feet and weighs between 160 and 190 pounds. He has reddish brown hair and green or hazel eyes.</SPAN>

Investigators have found no evidence that Willmeth voluntarily left home, Metts said. She had no reason to hurriedly leave home, and it is out of character for her not to contact relatives.</SPAN>

“Diana took in stray animals and befriended people who were down on their luck,” Metts said. “The perpetrator or perpetrators targeted Diana because they knew that they could find her alone at her home on the night that she was last seen alive.”</SPAN>

Metts requested major assistance from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division in conducting the investigation.

“I want the perpetrator or perpetrators responsible for Diana’s disappearance to understand that we are utilizing many resources to solve this case,” Metts said. “Detectives have interviewed many witnesses and received valuable information, but we know other citizens in Lexington County have additional information about this case.”

The person or persons who abducted Willmeth were very familiar with Willmeth, her home and her personal habits, Metts said. The perpetrator or perpetrators took steps to avoid being identified and apprehended by law enforcement, which makes them dangerous.

Metts asked citizens to contact law enforcement if they have observed anyone discussing in detail rumors, gossip and news media accounts about Willmeth’s disappearance. Criminals often keep track of investigations of their crimes. The person or persons who abducted Willmeth may have asked friends and relatives whether they had been contacted by law enforcement. They also may have offered opinions about how and why Willmeth was abducted.

Citizens should contact law enforcement if they have observed changes in anyone’s behavior since Willmeth’s disappearance on May 6, Metts said. Such changes could include anxiety, changes in eating habits, changes in alcohol and drug use and changes in sleeping habits.

When deputies went to Willmeth’s home at 512 Forest Drive, Gaston, they found the residence was unlocked, Metts said. They also found Willmeth’s cellular phone in her home. Relatives and friends told detectives that Willmeth frequently uses her cellular phone, and they said it is out of character for her to leave home without her cellular phone.

Willmeth has not contacted her parents since she was last seen at about 2:30 a.m. on Friday, May 6, Metts said. Deputies have entered Willmeth as an endangered missing person on the National Crime Information Center computer database.
DW-2.JPG

Metts said Willmeth, who is white, is 5-foot-5 and weighs about 150 pounds. She has light brown hair and blue eyes. Willmeth was last seen wearing a baseball cap and an off-white shirt.

Willmeth’s parents are offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the resolution of their daughter’s case, Metts said. CrimeStoppers is offering an additional reward in the case. Metts asked anyone with information about Willmeth or her whereabouts to call the Sheriff’s Department at (803) 785-8230 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-559-TIPS.

Good lord, there is hardly any information out there about her :(

I get so frustrated at some of these cases seeming to be swept under the rug while others get so much attention....

I'm not trying to slam the South (I was born there), but what is it with this area? Why is it that unless you're either a child or teenage girl, you can't get media coverage when you disappear?

Very well SAID! I Don't understand myself! South Carolina needs improvement went it comes to covering the missing here! Never found out what happened to dail, tameka, dianna, the girl from sumter and I no i'm missing some! Is there a serial killer here and they dont want to scare the public! I'm starting to wander!

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.
Back