Music video about Elisa's final days

findinganatta

Reaction score
http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2014/01/23/264894944/first-watch-the-zolas-ancient-mars

I found this really interesting. It's a music video about Elisa's final days that was shot in and around the Cecil, as well as other areas in L.A. It's nice to know that people are still thinking about Elisa a year on, and that the video focuses a nice and imaginative view of her final days, avoiding the unsavory hype that could have easily been exploited (despite the the water symbolism and the shot of the ladder leading to the roof). I like that they used a girl who didn't look too much like Elisa, too, because it might have just been eerie or disturbing for her loved ones otherwise. It's a nice tribute to her that I'd like to think she'd appreciate, at least for the most part.

Says the band's frontman:
"This video is one I've been thinking about for a long time," Zach Gray tells us via email. "When Elisa was still missing, there were all these reported sightings of her on street corners or at beaches further north. It was as if she was both alive and dead at the same time. I wanted to live in the dimension where she was alive. [Director] Kevan Funk and [director of photography] Benjamin Loeb and I wanted to capture her in that feeling of freedom that only comes when you're young and traveling alone. And we wanted people to see her portrayed the way she was — a normal, bright, 21-year-old woman, instead of a bipolar drug partier, the way the media painted her in order to explain her death. This video exists in the dimension I wanted to live in."

Thanks for posting -- that was very powerful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back