GUILTY SC - Brandon Robinson, 20, shot to death on SC State campus, 24 Jan 2014

School have become an everyday occurrence. :(
Praying the victim is ok.

I think this student targeted. I hope he'll be ok. :(

South Carolina State University football player shot dead on Orangeburg campus, four suspects on the loose

Brandon A. Robinson, 20, was taken to a local hospital after being shot outside the Hugine Suites, a dorm complex on campus. He later died.

Robinson was a defensive lineman on the school's football team. The 6-foot tall, 230 pound redshirt junior was a defensive lineman for the Bulldogs.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...niversity-campus-orangeburg-article-1.1590465

When I saw there was another school shooting today, I just wanted to pull my hair out :pullhair: (as if it needs the help). When will this madness stop?

I hope LE finds all 4 of the suspects quickly and they are brought to justice.

4 suspects? is this possibly a gang hit?

I cannot imagine how it would be to have children in school in America. This seems never ending. I would be worried sick from the time they left home in the morning until they came home in the afternoon. Even going to University is not safe. Since coming on W/S it is a never ending cycle of people being shot. My 16 year old granddaughter has just returned after being 3 weeks travelling around America playing basketball. We were on tender hooks the whole time she was away. My brother and sister-in-law did a trip throughout the U.S. and it was just their luck that they were leaving from L.A. to come home when the shooting started there. I admire all of you for having to live with what appears to be constant threats. JMO

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/sc-state-shooting/
<snipped>
Police arrested a suspect early Saturday in the fatal shooting at South Carolina State University. Justin Bernard Singleton, 19, was charged with Friday's murder of 20-year-old student Brandon Robinson, according to a statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

The two were arguing, when Singleton pulled out a gun and fired at Robinson, hitting him in the neck, police said.
I wonder if LE will pursue arrests of the other 3 originally ID'd as suspects? Surely the other 3 men who left campus with JBS were aware of what just transpired.

Why do so many young people today resort to violence to settle a dispute? I remember when I was in college, there was an older student who had served in the Vietnam war. He was an odd character, and one day some students were discussing a dispute they were having with some men from another fraternity. The vet offered to shoot the men for them, which shocked the other students. They told him, "That's not the way we handle our differences." It seems times have really changed. Are young people today exposed to violence so much that they are desensitized to it, like the Vietnam vet was, to the point they see it as a viable "solution" to their problems? :(

Brandon Robinson played outside linebacker and defensive end and appeared in four games last season. He attended high school in Orangeburg and was an engineering technology student.

"Brandon was a fine young man who was paying his way through college. All he wanted to do was play football for the university," Bulldogs coach Buddy Pough said. "We are at (a) loss for words right now."

SLED spokesman Thom Berry declined to say Saturday whether investigators were continuing to hunt for three other suspects. Detectives were confident Singleton pulled the trigger, he said.

"Our Investigation is still under way and is ongoing," Berry said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/brandon-robinson-shot-sc-state/story?id=21848162

June 2015:

Man guilty of killing SCSU student

http://thetandd.com/news/man-guilty-of-killing-scsu-student/article_49494783-a5a5-54d9-9e15-931a51a3ca6a.html

Justin Bernard Singleton of 2007 Woodland Road pleaded guilty to one count of voluntary manslaughter in the death of Brandon A. Robinson.

Singleton had been indicted on a charge of murder by an Orangeburg County grand jury. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge this week before Orangeburg County Circuit Judge Ed Dickson.

Dickson sentenced Singleton to 30 years in prison.

After serving 25 years, Singleton will be eligible for probation for an additional five years.

One year after tragic shooting, S.C. State University remembers Brandon Robinson

Nearly a year after the shooting death of a football player for S.C. State University, school officials said they have been able to move past the pain of losing one of their own but will never forget him or the tragedy that took him.

Tamara Hughes, the university’s vice president of student affairs, said the day that 20-year-old Brandon Robinson was shot and killed outside an on-campus dormitory was filled with disbelief.

“It’s difficult,” Hughes said. “It was a really somber experience for (the students). It was just a day of sadness, and more disbelief than anything else, that something like this happened or could happen at our university.”

Officials said the four charged with accessory after the fact of murder in connection with Robinson’s death do not have trial dates set either. They are: Raymone Sinclair Reed of Charleston; Darius Anthony Frazier of Cordova; and Shannon Deandre Davis and Kevin Alonzo Winningham, both of Orangeburg.

I'm not sure if the other four individuals charged were ever sentenced.

24105498-24105498.jpg

From February:

No charges remain in shooting death at SCSU in 2014

http://thetandd.com/news/no-charges-remain-in-shooting-death-at-scsu-in/article_236691c4-fa02-5a09-8b3b-94c851f1a43d.html

Three years after 20-year-old Brandon A. Robinson was fatally shot at South Carolina State University, the four men who were accused of accessory after the fact in the case are clear of any charges.

Darius Frazier and Kevin Winningham had their charges dismissed by a judge at their preliminary hearings.

Prosecutors dismissed the charges against Shannon Davis and Raymone Reed after the Orangeburg County Grand Jury did not bring back a true bill.

Justin Bernard Singleton is currently serving out his sentence at the McCormick Correctional Institute.

December 2017:

SCSU settles lawsuit in 2014 shooting death

South Carolina State University and related groups have settled a lawsuit involving the shooting death of one of its students for $437,000.

“In addition to bringing closure to Brandon’s family, we hope this lawsuit has caused the university to review and enforce its policies and procedures for the protection and safety of its students and other visitors on campus,” Lanier & Burroughs attorney David Marshall said.

“Although we believe the university failed to take appropriate action to prevent Justin Singleton from being in the position to harm students such as Brandon Robinson, we are hopeful that such incidents will be prevented in the future,” he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back