In the news...briefly

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
Thought this might be of some interest to some people here. It's nothing major, and it's nothing new, but I think the people here enjoy any tidbits they can get their hands on...

FOX News Network
On the Record with Greta Van Susteren
May 10, 2005
Guests: Paul Ciolino and Mark Fuhrman

In discussing the recent case in Illinois where the father found the daughter's body...

VAN SUSTEREN: The one thing that isn't sort of displayed in our walk- and-talk that we just showed is that when you leave that trail, it is so dense that you get lost walking through that brush. So the fact that you could find a body is quite remarkable. The fact that the father found the body is quite remarkable, unless he put the bodies there.

FUHRMAN: Well, you know, certainly, it's kind of like finding them in little secret rooms in basements in Colorado. I found that highly suspicious, also. So when that happens, the detectives are immediately cautious of the person who finds the body and how they react. They're watching not only the crime scene, but they're watching the person that found the bodies. And I think the grandfather and the father probably handled that discovery much differently, and...

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, let me just -- let me stop just you here one second. I don't want to get off on the JonBenet Ramsey, but just as an aside, I think that the new prosecutor assigned to it and the judge has a federal court ruling that said that the Ramseys were not the ones. And I don't want to quibble with you on that, but just to make sure that, you know, we don't cast it on the Ramseys, although it's always suspicious when a child is found dead...

FUHRMAN: Well, Greta, you know, I don't know the last time a judge was out at a homicide scene, so I take that with a grain of salt. And I'm just saying that they were suspect. I didn't say they committed anything. It becomes suspect and it needs to be cleared up. It never was. And we'll leave it at that. And maybe the judge did, maybe he didn't. I don't know.

But I find it suspicious, and I think when detectives have the closest person to the child or to the woman discover the body when they've declared the person missing, that is suspicious, to begin with.

Always interesting VOR ... thanks for sharing!

Voice of Reason,

Excellent! Maybe Mark Fuhrman will get actively interested in the JonBenet case. He sure didn't fall for that baloney about a federal judge saying the Ramseys were innocent (shame on Greta for not knowing the case better than that).

The public needs someone of Mark Fuhrman's stature to help bring the JonBenet case to a closure that provides justice for a murdered little girl. What's going on now in the courts and in the media is disgusting. Seventy five percent of the public know a Ramsey likely killed JonBenet, yet the public is having the intruder theory rammed down their throats.

BlueCrab

Unfortunately he says he won't get involved. I don't know if its because of his friendship with ST or what. It would be nice though if he pursued this case the way he did the Moxley one.

Petty but... The federal judge was female. The room wasn't "secret." LHP, Merv and Fleet White had all been in it before Christmas.

Thanks! I heard this little tidbit, but I didn't know who the guy was. I was walking out of the house, and only her them talking back and forth. I hope Mark delves into this murder case.

Greta knows the case...she's just a suck up. I rarely watch her anymore. It's hard to swallow the garbage she spews.

BlueCrab said:
Voice of Reason,

Excellent! Maybe Mark Fuhrman will get actively interested in the JonBenet case. He sure didn't fall for that baloney about a federal judge saying the Ramseys were innocent (shame on Greta for not knowing the case better than that).

The public needs someone of Mark Fuhrman's stature to help bring the JonBenet case to a closure that provides justice for a murdered little girl. What's going on now in the courts and in the media is disgusting. Seventy five percent of the public know a Ramsey likely killed JonBenet, yet the public is having the intruder theory rammed down their throats.

BlueCrab

I whole heartedly agree with you BC.
I would love to see Mark Fuhrman disect this case!

It would also appear that Fox made a deal with L Wood (wasn't there a lawsuit) that would not point the finger at the Ramseys anymore.

Seems that Greta had to jump in and rectify that.
Good for Fuhrman for keeping it real.

When i first read that, i immediatly thought of the fox news legal battle. The Fox news channel hosts such as Greta and Bill O'Reily, hannity and Colmes etc are all puppets, they would get into deep S***T if they didnt follow murdochs memos of 'off topic' subjects.
If anyone has seen the doco "outfoxed" they will be familiar with Fox censorship. Its sad when there is no 'fair and balanced' news.

tipper said:
Unfortunately he says he won't get involved. I don't know if its because of his friendship with ST or what. It would be nice though if he pursued this case the way he did the Moxley one.

Petty but... The federal judge was female. The room wasn't "secret." LHP, Merv and Fleet White had all been in it before Christmas.
It depends on your definition of "secret". We have a "secret" room in our house - my sewing room! It is accessed via a room which leads off another room and always takes visitors by surprise (something which we find great fun!). We built this part of the house ourselves and we didn't originally plan it the way it turned out, but right at the start of the build, one of the builders suggested it because it had certain spin-off advantages which have been great actually.

Everyone who has been shown the room knows it's there, naturally, but others miss it and don't expect it to be there. I see the Ramsey basement room as being like this.

TLynn said:
It would also appear that Fox made a deal with L Wood (wasn't there a lawsuit) that would not point the finger at the Ramseys anymore.

Seems that Greta had to jump in and rectify that.
Good for Fuhrman for keeping it real.

Actually, Fox stood up to Lin Wood and won. The Ramseys suit against Fox was throw out of court.

Greta is just plain dumb if she really believes what she said about this case.

Fuhrman has repeatedly been the voice of insight in the investigative discussions I have seen...If redemption was needed, the Skakel case did the job.

The act of JR's reportedly going quickly and directly to JonBet's body at the moment LA suggested rechecking the premises has been something troubling all along to some who try to imagine themselves in similar situations. When JR reportedly jumped up and went downstairs to JonBenet, it was a moment when most of us would have been sinking in our chair in despair. The house had already been searched more than once by JR and police, he believes the kidnappers have his child, the promised phone call has not come, it's afternoon, and the trauma has been going on since before dawn, but it somehow becomes the moment of action and discovery... Certainly possible, but you have to wonder.

One does wonder why John felt the need to check the wine cellar when not only he but Officer French and Fleet White had checked the basement out.

He moved JonBenet's body on his first known trip to the basement...after Fleet had opened the wine cellar....he moved it closer to the door. When LA gave him the green light he figured this was his only time to "discover" the body before it was too late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back