Ariel Castro's nephew charged with 22 child *advertiser censored* counts

LucyVino

Reaction score
CLEVELAND -- The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office says Jeremi J. Alicea, of Bedford, has been charged with 22 counts related to child *advertiser censored*.
Alicea is the nephew of Ariel Castro, the man who kidnapped and raped three women over the course of 10 years. The girls escaped last year and Castro hanged himself in prison.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/crim...2-child-*advertiser censored*-counts/5058813/

CLEVELAND -- The Cuyahoga County Prosecutor's office says Jeremi J. Alicea, of Bedford, has been charged with 22 counts related to child *advertiser censored*.
Alicea is the nephew of Ariel Castro, the man who kidnapped and raped three women over the course of 10 years. The girls escaped last year and Castro hanged himself in prison.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/crim...2-child-*advertiser censored*-counts/5058813/

WTF- there are some serious issues in this family. I am pretty certain there could be others....

Oh my god... he even looks like him! Is this his sisters child or brothers child?

ETA I don't even know if he has a sister?

One of my nephews could have child *advertiser censored* too for all I know.

There's a bunch I've never even met.

It doesn't mean the rest of us are criminals.

Reactions: GGE
No, but with Castro as an uncle, human nature is to wonder a bit about the family when a nephew then has a run-in over child *advertiser censored*. I don't think it is the guy with the child *advertiser censored*, as much as it is, the guy with it also happens to be the nephew of somebody who held three woman captive for years while torturing them.

No, but with Castro as an uncle, human nature is to wonder a bit about the family when a nephew then has a run-in over child *advertiser censored*. I don't think it is the guy with the child *advertiser censored*, as much as it is, the guy with it also happens to be the nephew of somebody who held three woman captive for years while torturing them.

Guilt by Blood?

He's a nephew, may never seen the monster while growing up. We don't know. He maybe guilty, :scared: but it wouldn't IMO affect him, what his Uncle does, if he didn't know about them............... Oh..... did he know?............hmmmmmm falling soon from:fence:

Anyway, that's why I thought it was a good question :) He may never have seen Ariel, but what did his father or mother and their siblings grow up in. Worth looking into which I'm sure is being done. If no traces of anything in the family then it is a different issue… random For the record, you all are putting words in my mouth. Show me where I said anything to the effect of 'guilty by blood' or that the whole family is full of criminals? Sheesh!

I understand the desire to devil's-advocate this one (meaning, judge the nephew independently of the uncle), but doesn't abuse and dysfunction tend to run in some families? Isn't one of Castro's kids also in jail for assaulting her baby or something? I'm guessing he didn't becomes a monster in a complete vacuum, nor did he fail to affect those around him. His brothers were arrested at the same time, so the family clearly wasn't estranged.

Thank you, ArianeEmory! Cycles, family cycles. We have one caught and one charged (maybe innocent) plus brothers (which I don't know the legal details on) Seems reasonable to consider the fact there is a cycle in this family (and a scary one I might add). If somebody else, unrelated was charged with 22 counts of child *advertiser censored* unrelated to anybody big in the news, you would be looking into him I would think??? I doubt defending him, but that's just my own little guess?

Yeah, like I said, I get the instinct to argue it from both sides, i.e., not judge the family as a whole, but we know a) he was extremely screwed up and abusive (such as to his wife); b) that other family members were in and out of his house. There's no telling what he might have done to younger family members, or what genetics are in play.

This nephew was caught with *advertiser censored* on his computer.... Sounds like LE are reasonably certain it is HIS child *advertiser censored* on HIS computer...

that is a far cry from insinuating any nephew of Ariel's would have child *advertiser censored* on his computer... Without any piece of evidence to back it up...

furthermore... There are reports of Ariel's family members being involved in pretty damning activities... and there are probably more that we do not know about (given statistics of criminals who are caught versus criminals who are not caught... Yet)...

If these family members were known to be social with each other...(I believe there are reports they are)... Then, again, it is not a far cry to assume other family members were subjected to/participated in similar activities...

In fact... IMO... It would be negligent to not assume there were others in Ariel's family involved in activities harmful to others... Just for the sake of being PC...

JMO

Originally Posted by LookingHoping View Post
No, but with Castro as an uncle, human nature is to wonder a bit [/SIZE]about the family when a nephew then has a run-in over child *advertiser censored*. I don't think it is the guy with the child *advertiser censored*, as much as it is, the guy with it also happens to be the nephew of somebody who held three woman captive for years while torturing them.

Anyway, that's why I thought it was a good question :) He may never have seen Ariel, but what did his father or mother and their siblings grow up in. Worth looking into which I'm sure is being done. If no traces of anything in the family then it is a different issue… random For the record, you all are putting words in my mouth. Show me where I said anything to the effect of 'guilty by blood' or that the whole family is full of criminals? Sheesh!

Sorry, that was a in general post, we don't know anything about the perv. yet. He can use that tho, Ariel made me do it.:jail:

He can try to use it… it still won't make it right (should he be convicted) :)

I understand the desire to devil's-advocate this one (meaning, judge the nephew independently of the uncle), but doesn't abuse and dysfunction tend to run in some families? Isn't one of Castro's kids also in jail for assaulting her baby or something? I'm guessing he didn't becomes a monster in a complete vacuum, nor did he fail to affect those around him. His brothers were arrested at the same time, so the family clearly wasn't estranged.

Well put both of you. One pervert in the family is one thing. Two, and I start to see a trend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back