IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

apearn

Paratrooper John Doe, May 1984, Florida #UP1254
Reaction score
I've never started a post before so hopefully I didn't goof anything. I found this girl looking for something else and I don't see her in Namus or DN - also I didn't see her here. She is interesting as a possible for another case so I wanted to post her here.

FYI - That email bounces back as undelivered.

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg29.html

Helen Marie Green (DOB: 01/20/59) was last seen in Southside of Chicago, Illinois around 1971 or 1972. She ran away from home with her brother, they got separated at night, he was returned to a youth camp but she was never seen again. Foul play may be involved in her disappearance. If you have any information please contact:

<modsnip: email bounced, undeliverable>

<modsnip>

Attachments

• helen.jpg
    helen.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 527
Last edited by a moderator:
I've never started a post before so hopefully I didn't goof anything. I found this girl looking for something else and I don't see her in Namus or DN - also I didn't see her here. She is interesting as a possible for another case so I wanted to post her here.

FYI - That email bounces back as undelivered.

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg29.html

Helen Marie Green (DOB: 01/20/59) was last seen in Southside of Chicago, Illinois around 1971 or 1972. She ran away from home with her brother, they got separated at night, he was returned to a youth camp but she was never seen again. Foul play may be involved in her disappearance. If you have any information please contact: steelepenni@aim.com

<Mod Snip>

Hopefully he googles her name. If someone is up to it; consider making a gmail account for Helen to then make a FB profile for her. If anything someone may look on FB; we can then direct them here..

I found three posts about her with two emails. One bounced back and the other has had no response so far. I'll give the last one a little more time. I wanted to get some more physical info on her.

I sent this girls info ( little as it is) to M. Burgess as a possible Cali match a few months ago. Given the small amount of info on her, it is impossible to know if she is a match or not. I too think she has a huge resemblance to little Cali, and given that there is almost nothing on her.....she could just be our girl.

I am trying to find phone numbers for her brothers so hopefully more information can be obtained, as well as a DNA sample obtained and a profile created. I also emailed her brother at both emails back in October, but both of the emails bounced back to me as undelivered. If I am able to reach any of her brothers I will try to obtain permission to create her a facebook page.

Almost nothing has been done on her case and I find that very sad. I will mention to them that she needs reported as missing and listed on NAMUS. Even if she is not little Cali, she is most likely a UP somewhere.

Age progression

attachment.php

Helen's jacket photo shopped out

attachment.php

Attachments

• HelenMarieGreenAgeProgressed.jpg
    HelenMarieGreenAgeProgressed.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 849
  • HelenMarieGreenCarlPhotoshop.jpg
    HelenMarieGreenCarlPhotoshop.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 840
That age progress resembles Becky Sue Turner/Lori Kennedy Ruff!

Gonna post the link over there....

Okay...but we know that Jane Doe can't be Becky Turner/Lori Ruff....because Lori's body was found in her car parked in her father in laws drive way. Personally, I do not see the resemblance, but not even questioning that.....just wonder how adding a deceased UP to Lori Ruffs already complicated story is linked......

Okay...but we know that Jane Doe can't be Becky Turner/Lori Ruff....because Lori's body was found in her car parked in her father in laws drive way. Personally, I do not see the resemblance, but not even questioning that.....just wonder how adding a deceased UP to Lori Ruffs already complicated story is linked......

I think Laughing means the age progression on Helen.

What a defiant, angry look that little girl has. So sad what they must have been going through.:(

As Helen's brother was found after the two of them had run away, what was the reason the Cook County authorities gave for not urging the parents to fill out a missing person's report on Helen? Were the authorities okay with just leaving her out there somewhere to fend for herself by not actively looking for her? A 13 year old is just a child. Cook County authorities need to be contacted again, IMO. Whomever was in authority then probably isn't now. They dropped the ball where this child is concerned.

I will never understand why there is not DNA on file for Helen because it can be compared to so many Jane Does. Whomever did the abusing is practically 30 years older now and may be dead or not looking for her. What is left of her family deserve to know what happened to her. If she is dead, she could be brought home to her family and given the dignity of a proper burial. If she is alive and located, then respect her wishes if she chooses not to either come back or re-join her family.

BTW, what type of Youth Camp did she and her brother run away from? TIA.

MOO

Because in the 1970's, police departments for the most part did not take missing persons reports on runaways. If they picked up a juvenile from somewhere else, they'd send them home (or at least tell them to go home) but they weren't in the business of tracking down kids or getting involved in what was at the time seen as family business. I'm not saying it was right or wrong, just the way it was.

Also, in the early 70's most people would not have considered a 13-year-old to be a child. ID was not needed often and people didn't ask as many questions. Especially if she was tall for her age, she could easily have lied about her age and gotten a job waiting tables, cleaning motel rooms, or working in a kitchen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back