Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead -- Dies of Apparent Overdose

Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead at 46

Hoffman won the Best Actor Academy Award and the Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture -- Drama for his leading role in the 2005 film "Capote."

He was nominated for three Best Supporting Actor Oscars, for "The Master," "Doubt," and "Charlie Wilson's War."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/philip-seymour-hoffman-dead-46/story?id=22335771

May he Rest in Peace. :rose:

:cry:

I hate to say it, but I knew this was coming. :(

Celebrity deaths don't usually bother me too much. This one does.

Awwww geez...really? Excellent actor and pulled off so many controversial roles with ease. I hate that he went this way. RIP.

Heroin found in apartment , needle in his arm ~ CNN

Damn. I really liked his acting and would watch almost any movie he was in.

Not sure where you got this from , hon. He was in rehab last year.

He's been struggling for years.

Very tragic and sad. :(

Per TMZ. I was hoping. :(

HomePhilip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead -- Dies of Apparent Overdose ... Needle in Arm
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN
Dead of Apparent OD
NEEDLE IN ARM
34 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
0202_philip-seymour-hoffman_getty3Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday in a New York City apartment of an apparent drug overdose ... TMZ has learned authorities found a needle in his arm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the actor was found Sunday morning inside a Greenwich apartment ... and they're still on scene investigating.

0202_APRTMENT_TMZ_WM
Details surrounding his death are unclear ... but the actor had struggled with drug problems ... most recently checking himself into a rehab facility for heroin back in May.

As we previously reported ... Hoffman had been clean for 23 years but fell off the wagon in 2012.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/02/phillip-seymour-hoffman-dead-apparent-overdose/#ixzz2sC5cvOPZ

Not sure where you got this from , hon. He was in rehab last year.

He's been struggling for years.

Very tragic and sad. :(

He was clean for 23 years BEFORE he slipped last year and snorted heroin. His poor little babies.

Geeeez. Terrible, terrible loss. He was phenomenally talented. One of my very favorite actors. I didn't know he had substance abuse problems. Shocking and tragic.

Rest peacefully, Mr. Hoffman.

This is so sad, for a variety of reasons. OT but this is the kind of news I'm terrified of hearing, that my sister will be found dead with a needle in her arm. Just goes to show, you can never always tell if someone's fallen off the wagon or not. :(

It is so sad. I don't understand it at all. I never will.

Condolences to his loved ones.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts