GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Argument over loud music led to teen's fatal shooting, cops say (orlandosentinel.com)
A Brevard County man was in jail Monday, accused of shooting a teenager dead in an argument over loud music.

Michael David Dunn, 45, and his girlfriend were in Jacksonville Friday for Dunn's son's wedding when they stopped at a convenience store, Jacksonville sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Jordan Russell Davis, 17, and several other teenagers were sitting in a sport utility vehicle in the parking lot when Dunn pulled up next to them in a car and asked them to turn down their music, Schoonover said.

Jordan and Dunn exchanged words, and Dunn pulled a gun and shot eight or nine times, striking Jordan twice, Schoonover said. Jordan was sitting in the back seat. No one else was hurt.

Dunn's attorney Monday said her client acted responsibly and in self-defense. She did not elaborate.
---
more at the link, with pictures

ETA: Media/timeline reference thread - FL - Man alledgely shoots teen over loud music encounter in Park.Lot - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191776

Please continue here :coffeecup:

:tyou:

I'm carrying this over from the end of the first thread as I think the crime scene photos are quite incriminating.

One of my favorite legal bloggers, Andrew Branca, is covering this story. His blog has crime scene photos of the SUV that Dunn shot up. So I searched and found a media source for them (the link is below). I'll also put this in the media thread.

I'm no expert but from the bullet trajectory images, it looks to me like he kept shooting as the teenagers tried to flee. IMO, that is not good for his claims of self defense and that the teens had a weapon. If they had a weapon, how did he get off some many shots without them returning fire? JMO. OMO. MOO.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/eviden...ing/-/475880/19282386/-/12433kwz/-/index.html

I'm carrying this over from the end of the first thread as I think the crime scene photos are quite incriminating.

One of my favorite legal bloggers, Andrew Branca, is covering this story. His blog has crime scene photos of the SUV that Dunn shot up. So I searched and found a media source for them (the link is below). I'll also put this in the media thread.

I'm no expert but from the bullet trajectory images, it looks to me like he kept shooting as the teenagers tried to flee. IMO, that is not good for his claims of self defense and that the teens had a weapon. If they had a weapon, how did he get off some many shots without them returning fire? JMO. OMO. MOO.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/eviden...ing/-/475880/19282386/-/12433kwz/-/index.html

And had the door been opened, as MD claims, the bullets would have never hit the victim. jmo

DavisSUV-trajectories3-jpg.jpg

Yep, this one clearly shows he was shooting as the car was backing out. I'm surprised that Jordan is the only kid who was killed in the car.

Is this trial televised or streamed? Thanks

(CNN) -- It was the day after Thanksgiving 2012, and Michael Dunn had just left his son's wedding. He'd had two drinks but wasn't buzzed, and he and his girlfriend were in a "great mood" -- headed to a nice bed and breakfast in St. Augustine, Florida, where they planned to enjoy a bottle of wine, he told police.

I'd hate to meet him in a bad mood.

I'm In my front row seat, this should be an interesting case. Jmo

ciao

Thank you for posting this. I did not realize that Dunn left the scene and checked into a resort with his girlfriend right after shooting into the car full of kids. I am at a loss for words. I want to know how the girlfriend thought this was ok and did not act on her own to call police once she found out what had happened.

The shots fired into the car as the kids were LEAVING is IMO shooting someone in the back. Even in the Wild West, that was frowned upon, to put it mildly. This dude needs to go away for a long time. IMO, JMV

The Black Panthers are there?

Thank you for posting this. I did not realize that Dunn left the scene and checked into a resort with his girlfriend right after shooting into the car full of kids. I am at a loss for words. I want to know how the girlfriend thought this was ok and did not act on her own to call police once she found out what had happened.

The shots fired into the car as the kids were LEAVING is IMO shooting someone in the back. Even in the Wild West, that was frowned upon, to put it mildly. This dude needs to go away for a long time. IMO, JMV

Imo, they had been drinking and Dunn didn't want to have to take a Breathalyzer. Just my own opinion, nothing else.

I am anxious to see him on the stand. :seeya:

Zuri, he even ordered a pizza. Cold blooded. Maybe the girlfriend was afraid of him. Hopefully she will be called during the trial. Jmo

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members