Identified! UK - Sheerness, Kent, 'Piano Man' mystery, Apr'05 - Andreas Grassl

wow.

I don't know if knowing what the pieces of music were that he played, would help at all.
surely someone out there has to know who he is though.
I'm sure a man of his talent wouldn't remain a mystery for too long.

Very interesting story! Cant wait to hear how this turns out!

What a talented young man! That drawing was pretty good, he can write music and play. Somebody is bound to recognize him soon. I wonder what happened to him?

strange that he was found soaking wet in a suit and tie!!!

They also said that all the labels were cut off his clothes? Weird...you think this points to foul play?

Doctors think that his lack of communication and amazing musical skills point to autism.

One expert said: “Removing labels from clothing can be obsessional behaviour and a symptom of autism. The fact that this man cannot express himself but displays astonishing musical and artistic talent are other aspects of autism.”

Maybe he fell off a cruise ship or something?

He is good looking. Hope he finds his family.

I was watching a story about this on the Today show this morning. It's amazing that they don't know who he is yet.
I'd think someone would have called in with his name by now.
And...the tags cut out of everything he was wearing??? What's up with that?:confused:

I think they will find this man's family soon. IT's worth noting however, that he is not some piano virtuoso, one of the people at the hospital said he played only a few pieces and was at best an accomplished ameteur. Somebody somewhere is missing this person and I think that it's only a matter of time before his identity is discovered. I also think he is probably autistic or has some form of disorder.

Anybody catch this story out of London? very interesting - I hope they find out who this guy is soon!

LONDON (AP) - Hospital authorities caring for a patient who refuses to talk but willingly plays the piano for hours said Tuesday they were investigating a number of new leads about his identity.

The tall, blond-haired man, who is in his 20s or early 30s, has not said a word since he was found, distressed and dressed in a dripping wet suit, on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent county, southeast England, on April 7.

When staff at the Medway Maritime Hospital in Gillingham gave him writing materials, he drew detailed pictures of a grand piano and, when shown the piano in the hospital chapel, sat down and played for two hours, causing staff to nickname him "Piano Man."

read further:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050517/D8A4VM900.html

Yeah I just read this story on the BBC.

Interesting. I hope that they find the family of this man.

I wonder if he was performing somewhere, so that is why he was in a formal suit. Or maybe he came to England for a wedding.

But apparently he does not speak and has "mental health issues." I am thinking autism. Or they are right, he could have had some sort of trauma. Or he has autism and has no current support network, surrounded by strangers, and now feels trauma.

He may have travelled from another part of the U.K. or the EU.

At least he is in a country that is very caring and has excellent medical care.

England is ab fab.

sharon25 said:
wow.

I don't know if knowing what the pieces of music were that he played, would help at all.
surely someone out there has to know who he is though.
I'm sure a man of his talent wouldn't remain a mystery for too long.

The latest stories say is isn't overly talented, that the "British press has likened his case to the Oscar-winning 1996 movie "Shine," about acclaimed pianist David Helfgott, who suffered a nervous breakdown while playing. But the man does not seem to be more than an accomplished amateur."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/05/17/pianoman.ap/index.html

Trino said:
The latest stories say is isn't overly talented, that the "British press has likened his case to the Oscar-winning 1996 movie "Shine," about acclaimed pianist David Helfgott, who suffered a nervous breakdown while playing. But the man does not seem to be more than an accomplished amateur."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/05/17/pianoman.ap/index.html
there's also another thread about him in the Located forum.
Perhaps we should discuss this there?? not sure- since he doesn't have an identity.

is the fact that ALL of the labels had been removed from ALL of his clothing(described as "cut out as opposed to being ripped out"). Almost sounds like someone may have "dumped" him and wants to make it more difficult to put a name to him. I hope I'm wrong-that would be really sad!

Bring Maura home!

I hope SOMEONE can identify this poor guy! He looks so scared. I agree, he could be autistic. That would help explain the musical ability, but no speaking. Also the fact that the tags were cut from his clothes. Maybe that is something he is compulsive about?

It is an interesting story, if not a complete hoax. Some things just don't add up. This guy is either a very good actor, or a very unfortunate individual. Certainly has an artistic ability to draw and to play the piano.

Richard said:
It is an interesting story, if not a complete hoax. Some things just don't add up. This guy is either a very good actor, or a very unfortunate individual. Certainly has an artistic ability to draw and to play the piano.

I have to say the same thing crossed my mind. that it is an elaborate hoax to gain fame or publicity.

Maybe So said:
I have to say the same thing crossed my mind. that it is an elaborate hoax to gain fame or publicity.
Do you think he would've known that it would've gotten him
*this* much attention though??

I'm hoping that this isn't the case.

Also- I wonder if they have just tried to show him
flashcards of places.
Or pictures of places.

this is definitely very strange though

jodierenee said:
A Polish man in Rome has identified the "Piano Man" as a French street musician called Steven Villa Masson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/4557619.stm

ok.. let me first just say sorry to anyone I might offend..

"Italian police said the Polish man, a street mime artist, said he had worked with the "Piano Man" in Nice."

:D I wonder if he mimed everything.... :doh:

waiting to get the boooo's :D

in all seriousness i hope they find out who this young man is
and I hope the 'trauma' that they talk about is something
he witnessed as opposed to something he did.

Ok, Booooo - Hisssssss. :D To be honest, that was about my first thought also. Umm...A MIME told him...! Ok.
:slap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back