'Dumb Starbucks' opens, offers free coffee

my mom just took a ride by and says same today as yesterday. Hipsters in line all around the building. She thinks it will be revealed as an "art" thing. I don't get it. What is being accomplished?

IIRC the article I read said that this was a real coffee shop and the free coffee was to draw customers in. The satirical use of "Dumb Starbucks" is also a gimmick to get customers. So I don't think it will be an art piece is that info is true. I just think it is a gimmick that the owners are trying to use.

the name is "Dumb Starbucks" - they can't use that as a name for a different, competing coffee shop - there is more to this.

I thought satire is a protected form of free speech? IDK for certain, but I thought that is why things like SNL and The Onion can't be sued.

Why would you spend all this money to open to insult and piss off a major chain like Starbucks??? It is a trademark/logo violation and it brings more attention to them. I happen to love Starbucks. I hated coffee- too bitter until a friend of mine introduced me to Peppermint Macchiatos- which they offer year-round. Only kind of coffee I drink!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back