TX - GI found dead in stairwell at Fort Sam Houston

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
GI likely killed at San Antonio base. (San Antonio Express-News)
SAN ANTONIO — A soldier found in the stairwell of his barracks at Fort Sam Houston over the weekend likely was killed, military officials said.

The Army said that Spc. Ian Patrick Morgan, 28, was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center early Sunday, where he was pronounced dead.

Although U.S. Army North and investigators haven't said how they think the man died, and have ordered an autopsy, a person familiar with the incident said “we do have suspicion” that he was killed. An autopsy is being performed.

“Absolutely, yes, we think there was something going on,” he said Monday.

If the case is a slaying, it would be the first one in years, if not decades, at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston. No one at the post, long a home for Army combat medic training and in recent years a joint training facility for enlisted troops, could recall anything like it in at least 20 years and perhaps much longer.
---
more at the link

I did not personally know Ian, however, a friend of mine did (I believe they were stationed together at some point? Something like that?) so I'll start by saying rest in peace. My Facebook is absolutely abuzz with the break of this story. Very sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the lives he touched during his time on earth.

He was found in the stairwell of his barracks... hmm. Is it likely those stairwells are equipped with security cameras? Or is it more likely that the stairwells would be the one part of the barracks without any security devices? Honest question, I'm not an expert on army barracks.

Also interesting to see that his death is already suspected of being a homicide before the autopsy is performed. Makes me think- and hope- that his killer left plenty of evidence and clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back