NY NY - Samantha Kibalo, 2, Suffern, 3 Feb 2001

sharon25

Reaction score
http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/kibalo.htm

Samantha was abducted by her non-custodial mother, Ann Kibalo. A felony warrant was issued for the abductor on 02/15/01. They are believed to be in the company of an adult female relative, and may have traveled to the New York City area. The abductor may use eye glasses while driving. Rockland County Sheriff's Office, New City, NY

A 7-year-old girl abducted by her mother five years ago might be living in Santa Fe, according to six eyewitnesses.

Samantha Michelle Kibalo and her mother, Ann Yermak Kibalo, disappeared from Suffern, N.Y., in February 2001 after failing to return from a court-authorized overnight visit.

The child’s father, Michael Kibalo, who had sole custody of Samantha, has been searching for her ever since.

After receiving a tip she might be here, Kevin Gallagher, a lawyer and friend of Michael Kibalo, visited Santa Fe twice — in February and in September. He distributed missing-child fliers and talked to six people who said they were certain they had seen mother and daughter — at a mall, a doctor’s office and other places.
One woman who talked to the mother and daughter several times described Samantha as “real quiet, withdrawn.” She said the mother didn’t interact much with the child.

http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/53415.html

I first saw this on the unsolved mysteries web pages. When I saw this little girl, without even looking at her name she resembled a little girl in my sons class. I was shocked to see the first names are the same. The birth dates are 3 days off, and the little girl in my sons class was adopted when she was around 3 yrs old. She was first a foster child then adopted by a local family. Her adopted mom is a RN, (weird huh?) The only problem is the report posted in the 2nd post. That they could have been spotted in SF, NM

Anyway my son just got home from school and I asked him who the pictures looked like. He said, "where did you get pictures of Samantha?" I know this family, and they are good people. And they love her intensely. This was a NE state adoption. They also adopted 2 other children at the same time. This is one of those things that I just don't know what to do. It's kind of like seeing a UFO...LOL The only people who ever seem to see them are the ones looking for them :). Any advice on how to proceed without causing ANY waves and protecting the family?

Do you think that it could be the same Samatha? Maybe the foster care and the adoption are a story. Could the family be related to Samatha's mother and they are raising her now or something but want that fact kept quiet?

I think I would notify someone and just tell them what you said here. It can't hurt for things to be checked out. They say that everyone has a double and maybe this girl is Samatha's double with the same name but who knows for sure. I would contact someone and let them check it out just to be sure.

Samatha was 2 yrs when her mother took her. This couple adopted this girl when she was 3 yrs. It is very possible that she is the same girl and maybe the couple don't even know it. Maybe the mother decided to place her for adoption when she was 3 yrs and changed her birthdate by 3 days and got birth certificate from someone. If she wanted to punish the father that sure would be a way to do it. The Samatha who was taken by her mom has pretty unique looks. Sightings usually aren't real and so who knows about the ones who said they saw the mom and daughter. I would contact someone for sure just to be certain.

Any advice on how to proceed without causing ANY waves and protecting the family?

You have no choice but to contact LE in this matter. It's a serious issue and if it were your child missing you'd want every lead looked into. Don't hesitate, call and let LE be the ones to proceed.

Hi,

My name is Kevin Gallagher. I am working with Mike Kibalo in trying to find his missing child. I just came saw your comment on this site. I periodically check out the web pages for informaiton on Samantha Kibalo. I have received some very good leads this way, and am currently working on one.

I would like to talk with you on this child that you think may be samantha. Please call me on my cell at (908) 896-4686.

Thanks,

Kevin Gallagher Esq.

I first saw this on the unsolved mysteries web pages. When I saw this little girl, without even looking at her name she resembled a little girl in my sons class. I was shocked to see the first names are the same. The birth dates are 3 days off, and the little girl in my sons class was adopted when she was around 3 yrs old. She was first a foster child then adopted by a local family. Her adopted mom is a RN, (weird huh?) The only problem is the report posted in the 2nd post. That they could have been spotted in SF, NM

Anyway my son just got home from school and I asked him who the pictures looked like. He said, "where did you get pictures of Samantha?" I know this family, and they are good people. And they love her intensely. This was a NE state adoption. They also adopted 2 other children at the same time. This is one of those things that I just don't know what to do. It's kind of like seeing a UFO...LOL The only people who ever seem to see them are the ones looking for them :). Any advice on how to proceed without causing ANY waves and protecting the family?

Hi,

My name is Kevin Gallagher. I am working with Mike Kibalo in trying to find his missing child. I just came saw your comment on this site. I periodically check out the web pages for informaiton on Samantha Kibalo. I have received some very good leads this way, and am currently working on one.

I would like to talk with you on this child that you think may be samantha. Please call me on my cell at (908) 896-4686.

Thanks,

Kevin Gallagher Esq.

Hi Kevin, Welcome to WebSleuths. You may want to send Interested Woman a private message in case she doesn't check this particular forum frequently. Also, you may want to use caution when putting your cell phone number on here - it's open to anyone on the web. :twocents:

Lots of luck to you!

Hi Kevin I sent you and e-mail via WS e-mail option. It was bounced back to me. I re-sent it to your Private Message box.

Cold Case: Mom, Tot Disappear During Custody Dispute

Under a shared custody agreement, Mike Kibalo handed his 2-year-old daughter, Samantha, to an officer during a scheduled visitation exchange at the New Hyde Park Police Department in New York.

Kibalo says it was February 4, 2001, the last time he saw Samantha.

[snip]

Kibalo wants Samantha to hear his message: "Daddy's alive. Daddy's still looking for you and Daddy still loves you and wants to bring you home."

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/88825357.html

Samantha Michelle Kibalo
The Charley Project
kibalo_samantha.jpg
kibalo_samantha_ap.jpg

Left: Samantha circa 2001 Right: Age progression to age 13 circa 2012
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kibalo_samantha.html

NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Original

Age progression 10 years old. (06/23/2009)

Original

Photo of mother (in-set). Age progression of mother (06/05/2003).

Original

Samantha's photo is shown age-progressed to 13 years. (11/08/2011)

Original

Samantha's photo has been age-progressed to 15 years. 4/2014

Circumstances of Disappearance
Samantha was allegedly abducted by her mother, Ann Kibalo. An FBI Kidnapping warrant was issued for the abductor on January 15, 2002. They may be traveling with a 12 pound red mini Tibetan Spaniel dog. The abductor may use eyeglasses while driving. The abductor may seek treatment for a dental condition and may frequent medical facilities and doctor's offices with Samantha.

Just found this case wish i could find the re-enactment they did on Unsolved Mysteries about it. I get Gypsy Blanchard vibes from this case it wouldn’t surprise me if Ann has done similar things to Samantha that Dee Dee Blanchard did to Gypsy.

Both Samantha and her mom have been removed from the FBI website's Parental kidnapping section.

Both Samantha and her mom have been removed from the FBI website's Parental kidnapping section.
The NCMEC and NamUs pages are gone as well. I'm assuming this means there's been some sort of break in the case, and I hope it's good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back