GUILTY MO - Jabria Phillips, 23 mos, beaten to death, St Louis, 9 Feb 2014

w1df10wr

Reaction score
"A man has been charged with murder in the death of his toddler stepdaughter, saying he beat the girl for climbing on a counter and "stealing" a piece of cake."

Deonte Evans charged with 2nd degree murder, child abuse and armed criminal action for the death of 23 month old Jabria Phillips.

Mom Shanika Evans charged with 1st degree child endangerment.

More details at http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_08f240e7-3636-51be-8bb5-ec13db92c224.html

Picture of Jabria & phone interview with grandma in video at http://fox2now.com/2014/02/11/police-investigating-childs-death/

:rose: Rest in peace little one.

Couple charged in toddler beating death
Brandie Piper, KSDK 7:23 a.m. EST February 12, 2014

According to court documents, on Feb. 9 Deonte Evans hit the Jabria Phillips after she climbed on a counter to "steal" a piece of cake. He told detectives he hit her with the palm of his hand and his backhand in her torso. The girl lost her appetite and became lethargic after the beating.

The following day, Shanika Evans said she noticed the girl did not have an appetite, vomited, and could not get out of bed.

:furious: :furious: :furious:

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2014/02/11/deonte-evans-shanika-evans-beating-death/5407957/

Police: Stepfather beats 1-year-old St. Louis girl to death for stealing piece of cake
by Sarah Heath and Brendan Marks / KMOV.com

Snipped:

EMS crews arrived at 3 a.m. and thechild was transported to Children’s Hospital where she was pronounced dead two hours later. Homicide and child abuse detectives were then called in to investigate.

A medical examiner determined the cause of death was blunt force trauma to her torso. The M.E. also noticed Phillips had healed fractures to seven of her ribs which were indicated to have been two to three weeks old.

:crying:

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Homi...igate-death-of-2-year-old-girl-244859741.html

Grandmother says she tried to get custody of murdered toddler
Posted on: 5:55 am, February 12, 2014, by Vera Culley and Jeff Bernthal, updated on: 09:43pm, February 12, 2014

Snipped:

Brenda Baker, the Jabria’s paternal grandmother who lives in Detroit says she’s been trying to get custody of the little girl for weeks.

Barker showed us a Michigan court document indicating she had temporary custody of the child. Baker said when she showed the document to officers they turned her away.

http://fox2now.com/2014/02/12/grandmother-says-she-tried-to-get-custody-of-murdered-toddler/

When I read the OP, my immediate thought was I bet this wasn't the first time this little girl had been abused, and sure enough - the ME found healed fractures to seven of her ribs.

Poor little thing - she just wanted a piece of cake. :(

I read some of the comments on one of the articles. Some folks claiming to be relatives of the mother and/or stepfather insist that she was well taken care of by them. She was certainly not well taken care of by the stepfather, who's been charged with 2nd degree murder - nor was she well taken care of by the mother, since she's been charged with 1st degree child endangerment.

The poor grandmother learned of her precious granddaughter's murder on the news!

I just can't even type my PIZZED OFF words....God Bless the family. SHE TRIED. Oh, and the "authorities" did ?????What??????

This is a 'Straight to the Needle' kind of case.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I am fuming right now ! These 2 most likely lived off that baby and most likely her ebt benefits paid for that piece of cake she ate! They both need to be gone ASAP! Too bad the police did not have to shoot them when arresting both of them.Any woman who does nothing when ANY man beats their child is just as vile if not worse then the killer. I read in comment section her dad was dead, so probably had social security as well.

Ya know, my kids have had their fun sneaking things I wouldn't want them to have (too late in the evening or not before dinner etc.). The only thing I could ever think to do was laugh (to myself) and take pictures of them with the mess on their face.

She was just a little thing who wanted some cake. :( Heartbreaking for us mamas to read. Just heartbreaking.

Ya know, my kids have had their fun sneaking things I wouldn't want them to have (too late in the evening or not before dinner etc.). The only thing I could ever think to do was laugh (to myself) and take pictures of them with the mess on their face.

She was just a little thing who wanted some cake. :( Heartbreaking for us mamas to read. Just heartbreaking.

My daughter loves sour cream and when she was little, she hid it in her brother's dresser drawer. After numerous trips to her brother's room, we watched her open the drawer, dip her fingers, take a bite and come back out.

St. Louis man convicted of fatally beating toddler for taking cake - January 2016

A jury has convicted a St. Louis man of beating his 23-month-old stepdaughter to death in February 2014 allegedly for taking a piece of cake off a counter at home.

Jabria Phillips died Feb. 11, 2014, of blunt force trauma. Jabria's fatal blows were to her torso, which caused several injuries to her internal organs. She died at St. Louis Children's Hospital.

Evans, 25, was convicted Wednesday of second-degree murder, child abuse and endangering the welfare of a child after a three-day trial in St. Louis Circuit Court.

Stepfather gets 18 years in beating death of St. Louis toddler who took piece of cake - March 2016

A St. Louis man was sentenced Friday to 18 years in prison for fatally beating his 23-month-old stepdaughter in 2014 because she took a piece of cake.

Jabria's mother, Shanika M. Evans, also 25, had faced the same charges as her husband because authorities said she knew he had beaten the girl but didn't seek medical treatment until a day later. An indictment said she also had abused Jabria.

Murder and child abuse charges were dropped when she pleaded guilty Feb. 5 to child endangerment and was sentenced to five years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back