Hi-Tec Boots

Tawny

Reaction score
I did a search to see if this has been suggested and didn't see anything, so please forgive me if I'm repeating what's already been discussed.

Has it ever been mentioned/suggested/theorized that a police officer wearing Hi-Tec boots walked through the wine cellar at some point after JBR was found before photos were taken? Hi-Tec does make tactical boots for police and SWAT.

Was wondering if anyone knew what type of boots the '96 BPD wore...

:seeya:

Here are the images of the boot prints:
JamesonsForumFootprintInCellar-img039.jpg

JamesonsForumHi-TecBootPrintCloseUp-img040.jpg

JamesonsForumHi-TecBootPrint-img038.jpg

JamesonsForumSmallFootprint-img041.jpg

Some more info. It's near impossible to find MSM links relating to the boots! LOL

June 1998 John Ramsey Interrogation by Lou Smit and Mike Kane (Wine Cellar, Prints, Hi-Tec Boots)

25 LOU SMIT: What have you heard

1 about Hi-Tech shoes?
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Just that there was
3 a print found, a Hi-Tech boot, and that's all.
4 LOU SMIT: Do you own a Hi-Tech
5 type shoe, or have you ever owned one?
6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I don't -- not
7 that I know of. I mean, I never have been -- I
8 never paid much attention to brands of boots I
9 had. I had some -- I had some running -- not
10 running shoes. Hiking boots. I think I looked
11 at those and they were -- they weren't Hi-Tech
12 or anything.
13 LOU SMIT: You have already looked
14 at those?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. I had some
16 kind of dress boots that were more for -- but
17 they weren't Hi-Tech boots. So I mean, I don't
18 think we had anything like that. We had -- I
19 had some of these felt-lined like duck boots.
20 LOU SMIT: If we ever ask you to
21 bring these items in, would you do that to make
22 sure that we got them?
23 JOHN RAMSEY: Sure.
24 LOU SMIT: And there is a reason
25 for that, of course. How about Patsy?

----

2000-04-11: “JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation”
by Steve Thomas and Don Davis, April 11, 2000

ST Page 236

"We spent a long day going over every possible weak point. A Hi-Tec boot print found on the wine cellar floor where the body was discovered had not been identified. Neither had one of the palm prints on the cellar door. The DA's office still refused to allow testing of the confusing pubic hair found on the white blanket wrapped around JonBenet. The FBI had been asked to do those tests but would not allow Team Ramsey to watch. Therefore it remained in limbo. We felt the DNA could be argued either way, but without resolving other core problems, it was unlikely the case would ever see the inside of a courtroom."

This article actually mentions what I said up above, that it's possible it's a police officer's boot:

"TRANSCRIPT OF THOMAS IN LIVE CHAT"
ABC Good Morning America
Thursday, April 13, 2000

"Steve Thomas at 12:04pm ET:
Let me address the Hi-Tec first. What people had not known previously is that I don't believe that everyone who was in the house on the 26th of December was properly identified. There were firemen, paramedics, rescue personnel, uniformed police officers, detectives, undercover narcs, sergeants, FBI and others that the year after the fact, we were still unsure as to who all was in the house that day. There is a strong argument to suggest that the Hi-Tec boot print may have been left by a sightseeing police officer who later did not come forward. Additionally, Hi-Tec is one of the most popular brands of footwear worn by cops. "

Some more info. It's near impossible to find MSM links relating to the boots! LOL

June 1998 John Ramsey Interrogation by Lou Smit and Mike Kane (Wine Cellar, Prints, Hi-Tec Boots)

25 LOU SMIT: What have you heard

1 about Hi-Tech shoes?
2 JOHN RAMSEY: Just that there was
3 a print found, a Hi-Tech boot, and that's all.
4 LOU SMIT: Do you own a Hi-Tech
5 type shoe, or have you ever owned one?
6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, I don't -- not
7 that I know of. I mean, I never have been -- I
8 never paid much attention to brands of boots I
9 had. I had some -- I had some running -- not
10 running shoes. Hiking boots. I think I looked
11 at those and they were -- they weren't Hi-Tech
12 or anything.
13 LOU SMIT: You have already looked
14 at those?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. I had some
16 kind of dress boots that were more for -- but
17 they weren't Hi-Tech boots. So I mean, I don't
18 think we had anything like that. We had -- I
19 had some of these felt-lined like duck boots.
20 LOU SMIT: If we ever ask you to
21 bring these items in, would you do that to make
22 sure that we got them?
23 JOHN RAMSEY: Sure.
24 LOU SMIT: And there is a reason
25 for that, of course. How about Patsy?

----

2000-04-11: “JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation”
by Steve Thomas and Don Davis, April 11, 2000

ST Page 236

"We spent a long day going over every possible weak point. A Hi-Tec boot print found on the wine cellar floor where the body was discovered had not been identified. Neither had one of the palm prints on the cellar door. The DA's office still refused to allow testing of the confusing pubic hair found on the white blanket wrapped around JonBenet. The FBI had been asked to do those tests but would not allow Team Ramsey to watch. Therefore it remained in limbo. We felt the DNA could be argued either way, but without resolving other core problems, it was unlikely the case would ever see the inside of a courtroom."

I find it absolutely outrageous that testing of evidence was not performed because the testing conditions did not meet the approval of the potential suspects.

Of course now we know that the "pubic" hair was actually identified as being a hair from the forearm of Patsy Ramsey. And the palm print has been identified as belonging to Melinda Ramsey and not thought to have anything to do with the crime. These things were determined years ago, but the outdated links and misinformation are still around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back