Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Leanne Bearden
MissingWoman_1149.jpg

33 year old Leanne Bearden has been missing since Friday January 17th, 2014 from a family member's Garden Ridge place of residence in Garden Ridge, Texas. She was seen walking away. Bearden is 5' and weighs about 100 lbs. She has brown eyes and brown shoulder length hair.

Please contact contact the Comal County Sheriff's Office at 830-620-3400.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Gar...for-woman-missing-since-Friday-241077051.html

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233221
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

verified reporter: ShowboatMB

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

We do not have any POI's or suspects in this case, there should be no sleuthing of anyone except Leanne.

Thanks,

Cat

Please continue here.

Thank you,

Salem

As I posted before...I personally could see how the priorities of life in the US could cause one to despair, after being in so many places where life is more casual, less focused on money and possessions and competition...here, she would at once be entering back in to grind of finding a great job, high salary, "rat race" all over again...she may have been questioning "why" and yet not be able to explain herself without sounding anti-american. I know I often despair at the lifestyles seemingly urged on and that many strive for here.

Originally Posted by peace9274
Such a beautiful person. I loved reading every page of their travel blog and looking at all the photos and videos. As others have said, I really feel like I got to know her. I've always thought how much I would've loved to have been friends with her.

For those of you who haven't seen this video, I am reposting it.
For those who have seen it, it's a good time to see it again.

At the 4:10 mark, Leanne sings "Ave Maria" in her absolutely beautiful voice,
at the ruins in Turkey.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQuAaRswgV8

Bump

One of Josh's friends commented on the article that mentions the hanging and says "no chance this was suicide...none" so tough...it's hard for people who didnt know her to believe it, I can't imagine how those that did know her feel

If she did indeed die the way others were posting about...I can't bring myself to even type it...it would be very rare for a woman to do it in that way. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is very unusual.

Perhaps if people have unanswered questions in their minds about this case, they could discuss them together in a suitable venue -- such as this one I imagine.

I feel shaken to the core by Leanne's death. We just never know what is in anyone else's head, a smile can hide so much. There is depression in my family - this, this just.... Scares me. Sorry to be so blunt.

Thank you, KIMSTER, for posting the link to your friend's WS posting. Very insightful, and my heart goes out to him.

Tears for Leanne's family and friends.

If this was suicide, which it appears to be, it rarely makes sense.

I've lost two friends this way, and it hits you like a ton of bricks. People can be seemingly normal, even happy before committing suicide.

RIP Leanne. You will live on in the memories of many.

I am an elementary school teacher and when I started teaching, a wonderful lady mentored me and helped so many people. She was team leader and a wife, mother, and respected professional. She was the last person I ever expected to commit suicide after she retired. I knew she had been experiencing stress and depression in her final years of teaching, but so many people that knew her were just shocked that she chose suicide. She hung herself in her basement and her husband came home that evening and found her. The hanging part was also another shock. So, it happens, but it's not generally what we think women will do when they end their lives.

At this point, I will await confirmation from the autopsy results. So sad for everyone that loved Leanne and for those that found her body. Though suicide was a possibility, I had basically ruled it out since I felt she would have been found much earlier on in the search.

If she did indeed die the way others were posting about...I can't bring myself to even type it...it would be very rare for a woman to do it in that way. Not saying it didn't happen, just that it is very unusual.

:rose::rose::rose:

Rest in Peace, Leanne...

Prayers to her family and friends.

So sad.....

If this was suicide, which it appears to be, it rarely makes sense.

I've lost two friends this way, and it hits you like a ton of bricks. People can be seemingly normal, even happy before committing suicide.

RIP Leanne. You will live on in the memories of many.

I am still trying to catch up on this case. Why does her death appear to be a suicide?

Also Linnea Lomax committed suicide by hanging...clearly it does happen. And in most cases, families and friends are unable to accept it. I am quite sure no one knows I have thought of it, due to my various health/pain issues which never improve. I would never speak of it, and most likely will never do it...but if I did, my sisters, etc. would be shocked and disbelieving. JMO

What doesn't make sense to me is the stellar search team and high level resources completely missing this. Allowing that no one is perfect, it still perplexes me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back