GUILTY NM - Omaree Varela, 9, called 911 before dying of abuse, Albuquerque, 27 Dec 2013

I cant wait for this to hit MSM It truly needs more attention! What was done to this little guy is a travesty!

Omaree joins Zahra Claire Baker, Adam Herrmann, Erika Parsons, the starved girl in Carnation, Washington & countless others.

It is very unprofessional on someone's part that these two officers were not advised in detail what was said on the 911 call. How can you assess the situation if you don't know what was alledged? The mother had an answer for everything. These officers should have delved further as the parents were giving completely different answers to what was heard on the 911 tape. Also noticed the step father was smoking all th time the officers were there and the poor boy had cigarette burns on him. This step father should be under investigation. Even on the tape he showed that he had no time for the kids I think that hould have rung bells with the officers, it did with me. Then she was asking about the son doing yard work. I think neighbours had complained how she was treating the son and she put the yard work spin on it. JMOO

The article I read a couple weeks ago actually had the 911 call attached. It is disgusting what all this guy and mom said to this boy. RIP sweet baby.

That poor child. Brave enough to reach out to 911 and police and nobody helps him.

They step father allegedly has ties to the police department, which is probably partly why this isnt national news. Those 2 cops really fracked things up. At the end of the video you can see him looking around the door. I havent yet seen a cause of death, though mal nutrition and head lacs are mentioned. This is just insane. They first say oh it is the neighbors oh yeah we were gone oh wait we were in the car and someone spilled something no one yelled oh wait he yelled at me, oh he was just stern with them. The 911 operator WANTED the cop to listen. He just didnt feel like it!

He has a name, it's Omaree Varela. Can we please add that to the name of the thread. Justice needs to be done for this tortured child.

Pleads Not Guilty through her Public defender

199440-synthia-varela-casaus-66c66.jpg

"It was horrible......the child’s current and past injuries were extensive. Cigarette burns were found on the boy’s chest, upper lip and back; a bite-mark was found on his left arm; and he was bruised above his genitals and on his back, according to the complaint ..... the boy had a history of being abused.....the family had been on the state Children, Youth and Family Department’s radar for a long time and, according to the complaint, the boy had complained of abuse in the past. When police interviewed Varela-Casaus’ two other children, they said their parents often hit the 9-year-old with a belt, and one child didn’t want to talk to police because the child was afraid of getting “spanked” like the 9-year-old, according to the complaint.
http://krqe.com/2014/01/24/mom-pleas-not-guilty-in-sons-death/

I can't quote it but the mother says she "kicked him the wrong way." Because...there's...a "right" way to kick a kid...right? Ugh.

I can't quote it but the mother says she "kicked him the wrong way." Because...there's...a "right" way to kick a kid...right? Ugh.

Yes, that's what she told the step father.

"The report states that Varela-Casaus told police she knocked the 9-year-old into a dresser and he fell to the floor, and then she stomped on him twice and kicked him in the abdomen."

VIDEO at the link

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/autopsy-report-released-in-omaree-varela-case/25159510#ixzz2yum7m8p7

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back