Darlier Routier

kraker03

Reaction score
I watched all of this on TV and found that she could not make up her mind on what happened. Also the blood trail of the footprints and smears in the blood just did not add up to her story.

Kinda makes you wonder what is malfunctioning in people's brains!!!!

Hi and welcome!!! I think she actually thought that in that small town, they'd just never suspect her! I also think she was seriously lacking in any "CSI" type knowledge that would have made it abundantly clear that there was no way she could get away with the murders.

I agree she did it. The only thing I can defend Darlie on is that I do not know if I would be able to remember all of the details if I were in her shoes. I would probably black most of the details out. I wouldn't want to remember them. Then again I would never be able to hurt my children let alone stab them numerous times. :truce:

Jeana (DP) said:
Hi and welcome!!! I think she actually thought that in that small town, they'd just never suspect her! I also think she was seriously lacking in any "CSI" type knowledge that would have made it abundantly clear that there was no way she could get away with the murders.
What is the population of Rowlett? It wasn't that small, was it?

Goody said:

I don't know what it was from back then. IMO its small enough that they would have first had other ideas in mind.

Goody said:
A & E said last night the pop was 40,000. But there is no break from the city to the suburb. It was out but not out in the country.

Rachael said:
I agree she did it. The only thing I can defend Darlie on is that I do not know if I would be able to remember all of the details if I were in her shoes. I would probably black most of the details out. I wouldn't want to remember them. Then again I would never be able to hurt my children let alone stab them numerous times. :truce:
It is not that she forgot details. It was the specific things she did not mention or couldn't get straight. There are certain things that victims remember, according to police detectives across the country. The placement of the attacker when they first see him....ex: I opened my eyes and saw him in the doorway of the kitchen, not we struggled in the kitchen, no, he was standing over me trying to stab me, no, he was on my legs, no, he was standing at the foot of the couch, O, wait, now I remember, he was in the dooryway of the kitchen heading for the garage door; the efforts they made to save their loved ones...not every minute detail but the major events....ex: I just kept wetting towels and bringing them to Darin and the children...., Darlie doesn't mention wet towels until she sees the police have taken the kitchen sink and plumbing. She knows she needs to explain any blood they might find. She has to be doing something at that sink, just in case..

Victims say certain things are ingrained in their memories and that everything moves in slow motion. Darlie never mentioned slow motion, but Darin did. (That helps make his story more believable.) Then there is Darlie hysterical on the phone until she hears Darin say something to Waddell that makes her defend herself. She speaks then in a perfectly direct, calm voice, but very defensively when she says, "Someone came in here and did this intentionally, Darin!" It is almost like she is reminding him to stay focused. Or if you believe he is truly innocent, she could have been trying to convince him. Either way it shows Darlie knew what she was doing that night and that the hysteria was faked. Sorry if I got off track here a little.

texaslb218 said:
A & E said last night the pop was 40,000. But there is no break from the city to the suburb. It was out but not out in the country.
Well, then they surely had a decent enough police dept to handle this case and access to experts in Dallas if they didn't. 40,000 is about the size of my community in Nashville and we have had some pretty big cases solved here without too many complications.

Shoot, and some people call Boulder a small town. It has 100,000 people in it. LOL!

Goody said:
Well, then they surely had a decent enough police dept to handle this case and access to experts in Dallas if they didn't. 40,000 is about the size of my community in Nashville and we have had some pretty big cases solved here without too many complications.

Shoot, and some people call Boulder a small town. It has 100,000 people in it. LOL!
A & E made the point that Rowlett is/was a bedroom town where the police had not faced many murder cases. Like I said it seemed a little biased against the PD so I can't offer any worthwhile opinion about whether they were equipped or not. It had no crime areas I think. It had sprung up and the new housing areas had overtaken the "old" community.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't know what it was from back then. IMO its small enough that they would have first had other ideas in mind.
Well, they did have other suspects but nothing ever panned out. They investigated the black car rumors, those kids that were stopped that night, etc. We don't have access to the police file to know everything they did, but nothing has ever been brought out showing that they did not investigate others that they said they did. Besides, most of their leads pointed back at Darlie or someone from the home, not away from it.

I don't think Darlie thought much one way or the other about whether the local cops could figure out what she'd done until she was in the middle of it. I get the impression that she and Darin were used to running by the seat of their pants. To them, planning was sitting about discussing the highlights and leaving the detail to chance, figuring it would work itself out because it always had. That's why he padded bills (per Basia) instead of hustled to find new clients, why they spent every dime they had instead of spreading out their spending over a long period of time and reinvesting in the company to give themselves foundation.

texaslb218 said:
A & E made the point that Rowlett is/was a bedroom town where the police had not faced many murder cases. Like I said it seemed a little biased against the PD so I can't offer any worthwhile opinion about whether they were equipped or not. It had no crime areas I think. It had sprung up and the new housing areas had overtaken the "old" community.
Well, that is exactly what my community is like and we have a group of detectives who are very, very good.

I did not get the impression that the police in Rowlett were not capable of working a case like this, which is what many supporters say. True, they don't walk into many homes with two young children butchered like that. Nashville is about 500,000 or better, and they don't get many cases like that either. RPD made mistakes but what police investigation doesn't? Comparing their efforts to that of other jurisdictions, esp really small towns, and they look pretty good. They did end up giving us many pieces of evidence to study and consider.

Rowlett is split up between two counties. The part Darlie and Darin lived in was Dallas County. That had to be an advantage to RPD.

My 2 cents here, if small or large pd's had anything to do with it the criminalists for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ron Goldman case would have been a slam dunk don'tcha think? To me it seems more plausible that the financial stress and the discord because of it caused her to snap. She would have had to considered it before, the boys' murder. I can see her daydreaming of them getting murdered, gone, the responsibility and care for only one child and all of the attention she would gain from it. She was very emotionally immature and I think from what we have seen from her mother, Darlie Kee, that she came from a very ignorant background.

I also feel like if Darin was the one to have committed this double homicide Darlie would have ratted him out a long time ago. I feel quite sure that Darin knew it was Darlie and did cooperate in helping her to sanitize the scene.

duffy said:
My 2 cents here, if small or large pd's had anything to do with it the criminalists for the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ron Goldman case would have been a slam dunk don'tcha think? To me it seems more plausible that the financial stress and the discord because of it caused her to snap. She would have had to considered it before, the boys' murder. I can see her daydreaming of them getting murdered, gone, the responsibility and care for only one child and all of the attention she would gain from it. She was very emotionally immature and I think from what we have seen from her mother, Darlie Kee, that she came from a very ignorant background.

I also feel like if Darin was the one to have committed this double homicide Darlie would have ratted him out a long time ago. I feel quite sure that Darin knew it was Darlie and did cooperate in helping her to sanitize the scene.

I also believe that Darlie is guilty but what did Darlies mother do that was so ignorant? I'm not really an expert on this case, have watched the usual tv programs, and read here some, but I am also from Lubbock and I really feel sorry for Darlie's mother in law and her mother. I saw the man call Darlie's mother trailer trash and thought that was really inappropriate. Lubbock is not a good town for a single mom to find a good job unless a professional and not all women have those opportunities but have to support their children by being waitresses or working at a steak house. That guy wouldn't have called her trash if she had been a teacher or a librarian.

I saw the man call Darlie's mother trailer trash and thought that was really inappropriate. Lubbock is not a good town for a single mom to find a good job unless a professional and not all women have those opportunities but have to support their children by being waitresses or working at a steak house. That guy wouldn't have called her trash if she had been a teacher or a librarian.

I think had they not been screaming abuse at the DA during his interview, he might have held his tongue and not lost his temper and reacted by calling them trailer trash.

txsvicki said:
I also believe that Darlie is guilty but what did Darlies mother do that was so ignorant? I'm not really an expert on this case, have watched the usual tv programs, and read here some, but I am also from Lubbock and I really feel sorry for Darlie's mother in law and her mother. I saw the man call Darlie's mother trailer trash and thought that was really inappropriate. Lubbock is not a good town for a single mom to find a good job unless a professional and not all women have those opportunities but have to support their children by being waitresses or working at a steak house. That guy wouldn't have called her trash if she had been a teacher or a librarian.
It was inappropriate, but he was not on the prosecution team that was handling Darlie's case. As I recall, he was the DA in the town the trial was being held in, not a part of the case at all.

However, Darlie's family carried on something fierce all through the trial according to people who were there. They screamed, they cursed, they tried to intimidate people. I suspect that many people thought they were lowlifes.

I also feel sorry for the mothers. I can't imagine anything worse than to have your child accused of such a brutal crime against her own children. I guess they have to deny it just in an effort to save her life, but sooner or later they are going to have to deal with the truth. When they do, hopefully people will be kinder to them.

Goody said:

It is a fairly nice little place. I think Allen is a lot nicer though. JMO

Goody said:

Small town, pshhhh, I live in a small town! Not quite 8,000 people here! The Darlies like to use the excuse that most of the Rowlett PD had never worked a homicide before, but they called Garland to bring over the K-9 units that night. And like you said, Dallas is right there! Calling Garland obviously shows they had access to outside help.

I live in a small town....we have 498 people! :eek: We just moved here about 6 months ago. :waitasec: Still wondering what I am doing here.

deandaniellws said:
It is a fairly nice little place. I think Allen is a lot nicer though. JMO
I don't know where Allen is. I have been to Dallas though and Irving. There are all kinds of small communities stretching out around Dallas. Reminds me of a condensed LA without the palm trees, surfers, and Hollywood hills. LOL! Same concept though. One big city supported by lots and lots of smaller communities. I think Rowlett had access to anything they needed.

deandaniellws said:
I live in a small town....we have 498 people! :eek: We just moved here about 6 months ago. :waitasec: Still wondering what I am doing here.
That is pretty small alright. I don't think we have any towns that small around here. LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back