Two former Navy SEALs found dead

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
2 former Navy SEALs found dead on ‘Captain Phillips’ ship

Two security officers have been found dead aboard the Maersk Alabama container ship, the same vessel portrayed in the movie “Captain Phillips,” police said Wednesday.
The men, both former Navy SEALs, were found on Tuesday while the ship was moored in the Seychelles, Fox News reported.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...found-dead-captain-phillips-sh/#ixzz2tnjdkEqu

2 former Navy SEALs found dead aboard ship at center of ‘Captain Phillips’ saga

Details of the contractors' deaths remain unclear, but they were not on watch and did not die while performing a security operation, Tom Rothrauff, the president of the Trident Group, said. He said an initial assessment of the scene did not suggest any foul play.

A spokesman from the shipping line only confirmed that two people had been found dead, citing the ongoing investigation. The U.S. Coast Guard is investigating the matter.[

more at link .......... http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/1...board-ship-featured-in-movie-captain-philips/

How strange 0.0

Carbon monoxide?

That was the first thing I thought of also, but to claim drugs. Then both of them took enough to kill themselves. Hopefully their families will insist on independent autopsies. jmo

ciao

IDK. Anything's possible. There's a deadly batch of heroin circulating recently.

I have glanced at this topic. IMHO it worth a look.
There is a buzz on the internet. Thanks Fran.

I think we need to learn more, before we state these guys as taking heroin.

Something doesn't pass the smell test. :(

JMHO
fran

Well, you would have to wait for the autopsies. It would not surprise me though, I doubt there is much for security personnel to do on those ships, they may just have been alleviating the boredom.

This is not the first time security has been found dead on a ship. I can't remember when or who bur I did see a documentary where the family was wanting answers. It was in a foreign port.

Autopsy reveals the two Navy SEALs who died on Captain Phillips' ship suffered respiratory failure after taking heroin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566772/Respiratory-failure-named-deaths-2-US-SEALs.html

This whole story is suspicious on so many levels, with the biggest being the heroin angle.

IMO (coming from a 40 something military brat, raised overseas, dad worked in NATO, turned military wife - twice, now military mom), this story line stinks! SEALS are the elite of ALL military recon, in all four branches. They are held to strict psychological and physical standards and are continually monitored and evaluated.

I don't believe, for a second, drug use would go undetected. While, they were no longer under military duty and inspection/intervention, they weren't young chickens. They were in their 40s. After a lifetime (20 yrs) of strict physical routine and obedience, they turn to drugs? Plus, who goes straight to the hard-core stuff? They certainly look healthy and fit in the media photos.

Plus, what are the odds of not one, but TWO SEALS falling to the same fate? They both went from a humble and noble career to heroin overdose? Really?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Apparently they we doing the town pretty heavy the night before and were seen hanging out with some of the local "working girls". The Seychelles apparently have a heroin problem. There is no evidence that they were junkies or had been involved with this kind of thing before. It is not inconceivable that they were offered a "forbidden fruit" they had never tried and decided to give it a go. These things happen.

Don't security personnel have to periodically do drug testing in order to keep their jobs? From what I've read they went from no drug history to death. Perplexing jmo

ciao

I don't believe for a second that 2 SEALs would suddenly take up heroin and both die of overdoses at the same time.

This whole story is suspicious on so many levels, with the biggest being the heroin angle.

IMO (coming from a 40 something military brat, raised overseas, dad worked in NATO, turned military wife - twice, now military mom), this story line stinks! SEALS are the elite of ALL military recon, in all four branches. They are held to strict psychological and physical standards and are continually monitored and evaluated.

I don't believe, for a second, drug use would go undetected. While, they were no longer under military duty and inspection/intervention, they weren't young chickens. They were in their 40s. After a lifetime (20 yrs) of strict physical routine and obedience, they turn to drugs? Plus, who goes straight to the hard-core stuff? They certainly look healthy and fit in the media photos.

Plus, what are the odds of not one, but TWO SEALS falling to the same fate? They both went from a humble and noble career to heroin overdose? Really?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I agree with your assessment.

I haven't read that needle tracks were found that would have indicated previous heroin abuse.

It's very suspicious that they both died. If two people take a drug at the same time, it's going to hit them differently based on their weight and how their bodies react to drugs. You'd expect that one person would start experiencing symptoms before the other and that the healthier one would summon help.

As to their going out on the town the previous night, if they were to take drugs, it seems like it would be more likely that they would do it when they were out partying. Were there locals who died that night from a bad batch of heroin? I really can't see them going out on the town, then going back to the ship and taking heroin there.

I don't believe for a second that 2 SEALs would suddenly take up heroin and both die of overdoses at the same time.

Too many coincidences...

the only way I would believe the death by heroin angle is if they were injected by someone else...

I wonder what missions they have been on prior?

:waitasec:

JMO

IDK. Anything's possible. There's a deadly batch of heroin circulating recently.

This was the the second thing that I thought of when I heard this. If this wasn't a "murder-suicide" then I was thinking that it had to be drugs. Most of the security companies only drug test their employees upon hiring; very few have random testing.

And given that a Navy SEAL can write his own ticket after leaving the service (after all, they only take the BEST) then when I hear that one is doing what is essentially a "rent-a-cop" job, I wonder why the person left the service. Or isn't doing far better.

The thing is, these guys were employed by Trident - a company set up by former SEALS. I cannot believe Trident doesn't have a very strict employment contract, SEALS are brothers, they are professionals, they would have taken this job seriously.

SEALS in their 40s cannot compete with the younger guys, it doesn't surprise me they left the service and went into top notch security.

I just...don't believe this story. I think this is murder. MOO of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back