Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
TNE3bwS.jpg

Police find dead body thought to be missing Mo. girl, 10
By Crimesider Staff CBS News
February 19, 2014, 1:43 PM - UPDATED Feb. 19, 2014 1:43 p.m. EST

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Springfield police say a body thought to be that of a missing 10-year-old girl has been found in southwest Missouri. Police Chief Springfield Police Chief Paul Williams says search crews found a body they believe is Hailey Owens inside a suspect's Springfield home on Wednesday.

Authorities arrested 45-year-old Craig Michael Wood in connection with the abduction and death of the girl on Tuesday, CBS affiliate KOLR reports. Wood, a coach and teacher's aide at a school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade, is jailed on suspicion of first-degree murder. (continued at the link)
Timeline of events in Hailey Owens case
Posted: Feb 19, 2014 12:09 PM CST Updated: Feb 19, 2014 12:14 PM CST
By Chris Oberholtz, Multimedia Produce
SPRINGFIELD, MO (KCTV/AP) - A grade school coach has been jailed on suspicion of first-degree murder in the abduction and death of a 10-year-old Springfield girl...

Here is a timeline of events in the case.

4:48 p.m. Tuesday - Springfield police responded to the 3200 block of West Lombard Street in reference to a reported child abduction.
Hailey was walking to a friend's home in Springfield. Witnesses told investigators that a man in a gold, 2008 Ford Ranger drove down the street several times before abducting the child. (continued at the link)

Hailey Owens Case Map by Hollye

MO - Hailey Owens, 10, 18 Feb 2014 -- **MEDIA LINKS ONLY** -- **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1

If this was his first time, he put a lot of thought and planning into this crime.

Marking my spot again.

Ignore double post, my phone hates this site. Sorry.

I've been reading along, but haven't had a chance to comment yet. Such a sad outcome, though I am so grateful the witnesses were able to provide the information they did, to get this guy off the streets. I honestly think that had the witnesses been able to "scare" him off, unless they walked Hailey the rest of the way home, he would have just driven down the block out of sight, and stopped and waited for her there. Had that happened, there would have been no witnesses, and he very well may have gotten away with it.

RIP Hailey xoxo

JMO but I can't believe that this scuzzy looking perp is a teacher.

What a gorgeous girl! Was praying for a happy ending. As a parent my heart hurts for her family, I cant even imagine... RIP sweet Hailey.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

To be perfectly blunt, all of this woulda, coulda, shoulda talk is getting old. That's invariably why I stop following threads. Blaming parents, witnesses, school officials, etc. does ZERO good, wastes time reading, etc. It won't bring her back or change the future behavior of anyone here since we are all more suspicious anyway. My question earlier about the search warrant was answered by information that they did in fact do a cursory search and waited for the search warrant for more in depth searching. The last thread filled up with arguments over witness actions. Can we keep all of that unnecessary bickering out of this one?

It is being asked that on Friday everyone wear Pink or Purple in memory of this sweet girl Hailey.

IMO he's done this before. The bleach, the plastic bin and garbage bags. Seems like he either did research on this or has done it before.

I think the duct tape was to seal the plastic bin and he was going to put it in a body of water or bury the bin.

What a sick sick POC.:jail:

....just so sad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO he's done this before. The bleach, the plastic bin and garbage bags. Seems like he either did research on this or has done it before.

I think the duct tape was to seal the plastic bin and he was going to put it in a body of water or bury the bin.

What a sick sick POC.:jail:

That information combined with his age really leave me wondering about other victims.

It's not like he grabbed her b/c he saw her and couldn't live without her. He went hunting or someone and had his cleanup kit ready to go at home.

I love bleach, love the smell of it and use it a lot. I only have a partial container in my home. I don't hoard it. I certainly don't have enough to clean a crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10