Texas District Attorney Candidate: Domestic Violence Is 'So, So Overrated'

SpongeBathHotPants

❤️ Know your worth and add tax ❤️
Reaction score
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ence_n_4816138.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Lloyd Oliver, a Democratic candidate for district attorney in Harris County, Texas, has a problem with domestic violence: He thinks it's prosecuted too much.

Oliver told the Texas Observer Wednesday that domestic violence is "so, so overrated." If elected, he indicated he'd redirect resources away from family violence to focus on other issues.

Oh my word! It makes me wonder how much respect he has for women and children, who are frequently the objects of domestic violence.

This man has some serious issues

"In a 2012 appearance on "Reasonable Doubts," a weekly call-in show sponsored by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Oliver said domestic violence victims should "maybe learn how to box a little better."

Later, when asked to clarify, he suggested domestic violence is part of some couple's sexual routine.

"There are some people -- I don't understand it -- but part of their making love is to beat one another up first," he said. "Why do we want to get involved in people's bedrooms?"

This man has some serious issues

"In a 2012 appearance on "Reasonable Doubts," a weekly call-in show sponsored by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Oliver said domestic violence victims should "maybe learn how to box a little better."

Later, when asked to clarify, he suggested domestic violence is part of some couple's sexual routine.

"There are some people -- I don't understand it -- but part of their making love is to beat one another up first," he said. "Why do we want to get involved in people's bedrooms?"

Those people are called abusers. And, yeah...you kinda need to get involved in their bedroom.

What an idiot. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

THose are crazy comments for this day and age.

He should join Websleuths and read about all the murdered and missing women and get an education! :maddening:

This guy is a [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]!!!!!

Oh, I wish I could say what I wanted to about this man. I think he's mentally ill. He has no business being a public official of any kind or representing the public in any capacity.

His weird discussion of S&M in connection with discounting the seriousness of domestic violence is bizarre and concerning. I bet there's a lot about this person's personal life that would curl your eyelashes.

He should join Websleuths and read about all the murdered and missing women and get an education! :maddening:

he seems the type that would some how or other say it was the victims fault this happened.

Agreed! His comment that the abused should learn to box better is beyond words! I pray that he does not have kids.

Oh dear.

With apologies to OC Dep. DA Matt Murphy for plagiarism....

'Bye bye.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back