Resolved CA - Fontana, HispMale UP10975, 13-25, in vacant house, Jan'13

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10975

This guy is not on Doe Network and I can't find anything on him. The photo from what I can see on namus is reworked from a PM but he looks so young. His dress as described brings a young gang member to mind.

I am really inexperienced so anyone want to look?

He does look young. I don't know that I get gang member just from his clothes (typical dress for a lot of young men, IMO). He does have a three-dot tattoo, which could be gang-related or could just be Latino pride. (I've seen both descriptions online.) I think that belt buckle is the LA Dodgers logo.

I couldn't find anything in a quick search, but I didn't try long.
He's probably too recent to be on the DoeNetwork. The cases on there are generally a few years old, I guess to give the authorities time to identify them before they announce details and ask the public for help (i.e. posting details on a public website).

He does look young. I don't know that I get gang member just from his clothes (typical dress for a lot of young men, IMO). He does have a three-dot tattoo, which could be gang-related or could just be Latino pride. (I've seen both descriptions online.) I think that belt buckle is the LA Dodgers logo.

you may be absolutely right. but i have two sons who are young latinos and we live in CA and they dont dress like that. usually the white t shirt and jeans look is gang kids and teh LA dodgers logo is also common among LA gang members. if you have ever seen any mara salvatrucha gang members, many of them have the "la" logo tattoo'd to them. that why i sort of got that impression, and it could also be what led him to his end.

I can't imagine this guy wasn't checked. He went missing from LA two days prior. Height and weight are off, but I had to throw him out there. Neither he nor the UID have DNA samples on file yet.

Andres Carrillo
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25840/2

View attachment 66764

in the namus pix the eye brows and nose are different, but in the drawing in the article that you posted, he does resemble the kid a lot! i wish they had noted his ear lobes on namus.

Yeah, the torn earlobes are another discrepancy. Namus states that he suffered head trauma. I wonder if it was severe enough to affect his appearance?

Thanks for the intel on the LA gang clothing!

Yeah, the torn earlobes are another discrepancy. Namus states that he suffered head trauma. I wonder if it was severe enough to affect his appearance?

Thanks for the intel on the LA gang clothing!

no problem! I was a correctional officer for a few years.

I don't know. I know there is a delay in Doe posting it. They usually have more details.

He just really looks to the young side of the age range and I can't imagine parents not missing him? Maybe they are possibly illegal and afraid to contact LE?

Dot tats for gang members either refer to murders committed for the gang or being "down" for important people (the meaning can be vague for obvious reasons.) The way he was found makes me think he was lured there under false pretenses and killed, probably by associates (either for something he did wrong or to tie up loose ends in another matter.)

His parents might be afraid to look for him- MS-13 and some branches of West Coast Latino gangs are so violent that they may have reasonably feared allowing him back into their lives. Honestly he might be recognized by old school mates or people currently in jail/prison.

Dot tats for gang members either refer to murders committed for the gang or being "down" for important people (the meaning can be vague for obvious reasons.) The way he was found makes me think he was lured there under false pretenses and killed, probably by associates (either for something he did wrong or to tie up loose ends in another matter.)

His parents might be afraid to look for him- MS-13 and some branches of West Coast Latino gangs are so violent that they may have reasonably feared allowing him back into their lives. Honestly he might be recognized by old school mates or people currently in jail/prison.

you may be right. i think though that IF my guess is right and he is a gangster, given his youth and that this was his only tattoo, that it likely meant either "mi vida loca" or it is 3 dots for la eme as opposed to four dots for NF or structure. (northern CA gangs).

the motive though i am TOTALLY on board with you on....

^ You are right, that whole "13 versus 14" thing was a bane of my childhood growing up in California. Young gangbangers are always "loud and proud."

Also- the drug culture in the SoCal area is very very violent. Whoever killed him really didn't care about everyone knowing or that the body would be found quickly..........

does anyone know if there are any rivalries at the street level between gangs from LA v. inland empire? I know that in northern CA, northern gangsters from central CA do not like northerners from San Jose. just asking because they made a point to state they "thought he was from LA". i dont think LE would base that strictly off the belt buckle.

does anyone know if there are any rivalries at the street level between gangs from LA v. inland empire? I know that in northern CA, northern gangsters from central CA do not like northerners from San Jose. just asking because they made a point to state they "thought he was from LA". i dont think LE would base that strictly off the belt buckle.

It might have not had much to do with rivalries....some of the newer gangs (especially MS-13 & related) don't have the same structure/procedures as older gangs. The victim might have just made someone angry, or gotten robbed, or tried to run around with the wrong person. A lot of these really young crazy guys have nothing to lose and everything to gain by killing someone convenient, so the victim might have just been a "wrong place wrong time wrong people" guy. It's terrible but that is the Nature of the Beast (street gangs.)

And that's on top of all the reasons of jealousy, greed, drugs, etc. that might lead to ordinary murder...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back