Woman spends night in jail for not returning movie 9 years ago

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/case-dropped-against-sc-woman-jailed-over-video-184323767.html

Woman spends night in jail for not returning movie 9 years ago: Cops

PICKENS, S.C. (AP) — The owner of a now-closed video store in South Carolina has decided to drop charges against a woman accused of failing to return a movie nearly a decade ago....

Good News! Charges are Dropped!!

http://news.yahoo.com/case-dropped-against-sc-woman-jailed-over-video-184323767.html

Case dropped against SC woman jailed over video
Associated Press
February 21, 2014 1:43 PM

PICKENS, S.C. (AP) — The owner of a now-closed video store in South Carolina has decided to drop charges against a woman accused of failing to return a movie nearly a decade ago.

Pickens County sheriff's deputies said the owner decided to not pursue the charge because of the media attention that 27-year-old Kayla Michelle Finley's arrest received....

Many, many years ago I worked in a video store. There are a lot of people who think they've returned a video when they have not. I think the majority of them are just wrong, they didn't return it.

I had a guy argue that he knew he returned the video because they were going camping and they stopped by the store and dropped the video in the return slot and he was POSITIVE they had returned it. As he was arguing with me and telling me that the staff was incompetent his wife went out to the car and came back in with the video. I don't think he was lying as much as just being mistaken. He was apologetic and red faced. :floorlaugh:

I also was listening to a radio show one time and a DJ was talking about how he and his wife had just moved to a different house and while they were packing up he found a video that he had been positive he'd returned and even said that he accused the store of being incompetent. :floorlaugh:

Why did it take them 9 years ? The movie is probably worth less than $5.00 now.

:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back