New Zodiac Suspect, ROSS SULLIVAN

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
In my opinion, Ross SUllivan is the most promising Zodiac to come along in a long while! He actually is not a new Suspect, some of us have had info on him for years, but have only recently started taking a closer look, and what we are finding is interesting. He is by far, the closest match I have ever seen to the infamous sketch of Zodiac.

Here's the thread on him at my site-
http://www.zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=1441

I went to the site and read the thread about this guy. It is very interesting.

He's a very interesting Suspect for sure. Too bad though, we have come to a road block in gathering info about him. I made the video to help generate some leads on him.

I am updating this thread with an enhanced photo comparison of Ross to Zodiac, the pics of Ross have been cleaned up and enhanced. Ross, in my opinion is the best Zodiac Suspect ever.rosssullivansketches.jpg

. Ross, in my opinion is the best Zodiac Suspect ever.

I just don't see it, personally. The guy has no known connection to Vallejo or SF, and he apparently didn't drive. A suspect certainly, but I can't see him as a particularly strong one. Or am I missing something here?

I went to the site and read the thread about this guy. It is very interesting.

I agree! Thanks for looking, hope to find more info on him to rule him in or out as being Zodiac

I really think there is more than 1 Zodiac killer like a copy-cat, that may be a family member or a relative that is still doing it.

There's not any halfway decent evidence for any Zodiac murders after 1969 though. There's no particularly good reason to even suspect a contemporary copycat either, with the (very, very debatable) exception of Lake Beryessa I suppose.

has this guy been named by police as a POI? I can't find any MSM related to him

I would hate for some innocent dead guy's name & photo to just be thrown around randomly

has this guy been named by police as a POI? I can't find any MSM related to him

I would hate for some innocent dead guy's name & photo to just be thrown around randomly

He was suspected by his co-workers of killing Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside CA in 1966. She is a Possible Zodiac Victim. Writing linked to her case, and to the library Ross worked at, has been linked by State Experts as writing belonging to the Zodiac Killer. Here's a quick synopsis-
http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2300

He was suspected by his co-workers of killing Cheri Jo Bates in Riverside CA in 1966. She is a Possible Zodiac Victim. Writing linked to her case, and to the library Ross worked at, has been linked by State Experts as writing belonging to the Zodiac Killer. Here's a quick synopsis-
http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2300

Yeah, I just don't see him as being any more viable than ALA, or even EVB, who, while I agree the cipher logic is laughable, is an excellent possibility.

I have been reading about the Zodiac since 1989 and lurking on boards since 1994. I always hesitate to post because of the vitriol. But I feel safer here at WS.

Good job with this morf13!!! Did you get a chance to catch the History Channel's use of a supercomputer to analyze the Z340 Cypher???

Good job with this morf13!!! Did you get a chance to catch the History Channel's use of a supercomputer to analyze the Z340 Cypher???

Exactly why I came here...the History Channel's first show in this series was really good. That will definitely drive people here, as it did me. I think one of the most interesting pieces of circumstantial evidence was the Zodiac stationary store with its proximity to where he lived, the stationary and, obviously, its name and the library where he worked with the cypher books from 1959. I am dying to see if they are able to crack the code, though! I bet if they do it won't identify who it is.

Yes... the writing style on the flyer for the shop being identical to some of the Zodiac writings and cypher is amazing. There were also letters after the murder in Riverside... but much more basic.

I am afraid it will be a lot like the 'Finding Hitler' shows tho... or one of the treasure hunting shows that always leaving you hanging in the breeze in the end.

Is there a way we can find more handwriting samples of his to compare with Zodiac's?

That site listed earlier in the thread has them all in the forum.

Nov 24 2017
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2017/11/24/22767192.html
attachment.php

Now, a veteran LAPD cold case detective and an expert on unsolved homicides are making a compelling case for the famed serial killer's identity in a new documentary.

The Zodiac's name? Ross Sullivan.
"For me, being a homicide detective for over 28 years, it's just one of those fascinating cases that is kind of in the back of your mind," retired LAPD investigator Sal LaBarbera said.
"I've handled so many of my own cases and that was kind of my problem, but you always are interested in these old serial killer cases that are yet to be solved, and I was presented with the idea of attacking probably one of the most infamous unsolved cases in the United States. I thought it was a great opportunity."
Sullivan was an oddity for a young man in California in the late 1960s. He wore his blond hair short and wore thick glasses, army boots and fatigues.
LaBarbera and cold case whiz Ken Mains believe Sullivan may be responsible for many more murders.

Other telling clues: the print of an army boot was found at one of Zodiac's crime scenes; Sullivan studied cryptology in university, an occult store near where Sullivan lived at the time had similar images in stock that illustrated his letters with, and then there's chilling resemblance to the killer.

Sullivan would now be 76-years-old and his whereabouts are unknown.
A number of other men were also suspected to be Zodiac, including Arthur Lee Allen.

The documentary series, The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer, is on History in Canada.

Attachments

• storage.canoe.com.jpg
    storage.canoe.com.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 188

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members