Identified! VA - Petersburg, BlkMale, hit by cars on I-85, Feb'14 - Torin Jones

astridxx

Reaction score
http://progress-index.com/news/man-...tigating-as-suicide-and-hit-and-run-1.1642071

PETERSBURG - Virginia State Police and city police are investigating an incident in which a man was struck by several cars on Interstate 85 as "an apparent suicide and hit-and-run."

Police were called to the scene of I-85 southbound at Sycamore Street at about 10:40 p.m. Tuesday for reports of a man lying in the travel lane. When they arrived, troopers located a deceased man who had been struck by several vehicles.

The body has been sent to the medical examiner's office in Richmond to determine the cause of death and identity.

The interstate's southbound lanes were closed at about 11:44 p.m. and reopened at about 5:26 a.m., according to VDOT.

The accident is being investigated by the Virginia State Police Accident Reconstruction Team, along with special agents with the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Richmond Field Office and the Petersburg Bureau of Police.

A witness reported seeing a dark-colored - possibly gray - sedan located on the right shoulder of the roadway. When troopers arrived, the vehicle didn't stay on the scene.

According to a statement from Sgt. Thomas Molar with the Virginia State Police, if the vehicle was involved in the hit-and-run crash, there would be damages to the front end.

The police is asking for anyone who may have seen the vehicle in the area or has any information, to contact the Division I Communication Center at 804-553-3445. All information is confidential.

His name is Torin Jones. "Bland" is the name of the funeral home. Just a heads-up. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back