GUILTY VT - Dezirae Sheldon, 2, dies of head trauma, Poultney, 21 Feb 2014

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Stepfather to be charged in 2-year-old's death
Dennis Duby, 31, charged in death of Dezirae Sheldon
UPDATED 11:50 PM EST Feb 22, 2014

POULTNEY, Vt. —Vermont State Police detectives arrested the stepfather of a 2-year-old girl who died Friday.

Investigators said they took Dennis Duby, 31, of Poultney, Vt., into custody Saturday on second degree murder charges for the death of Dezirae Sheldon, 2.
Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...ged-in-2yearolds-death/24625866#ixzz2uXH5hn4S

Stepfather pleads not guilty in 2-year-old’s death
Loved ones point fingers at DCF

UPDATED 4:29 PM EST Feb 24, 2014

RUTLAND, Vt. —Dennis Duby, 31, of Poultney, Vt., denied a second-degree murder charge Monday in connection with the death of his 2-year-old stepdaughter, Dezirae Sheldon. Duby is jailed pending $250,000 bail, set by Vt. Superior Court Judge Theresa DiMauro.

Before the hearing, dozens rallied on the sidewalks and in the streets of Rutland, speaking up for little Dezirae. "No child should have to endure what that child has gone through," said demonstrator Amanda Withington, who said she is a friend of Sheldon's aunt. "No child."

The toddler died last week at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H. She was transferred there after Sheldon was brought to the emergency room at the Rutland Regional Medical Center with severe head injuries.
Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...ight-her-skull-cracked/24647312#ixzz2uXHmTzqd

HytNouG.jpg

Dezirae Sheldon

This poor angel. A year ago, her mother was charged with abuse when Dezirae was taken to the hospital with two broken legs!

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...rs-mother-had-history-of-abusing-her/24667500

Governor Shumlin ordered a DCF probe.

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...-probe-of-states-role-in-child-death/24665950

This is heartbreaking. I'm glad the Governor has ordered an independent review of DCF.

Her own mother was convicted of abusing her when she was only 11 months old - broke both her little legs! A recommendation was made to place the baby in foster care. It's not clear whether or not that recommendation was followed. If it wasn't, DCF screwed up big time and now a precious baby has been murdered.

She died as the result of a fractured skull, according to one of the articles.

Both her mother and stepfather are monsters.

Oh my gosh. These are the hardest cases for me. The ones where it's pretty clear that this sweet baby girl probably never felt safe, never felt loved and adored, never felt anything but pain and fear. What a tragic life. How scary must it be, when this is all you've ever known? Who did she turn to for comfort? Did she have anyone?

I cried when I saw this. This little girl never had a chance. How many people would have loved to have that child? Lots. These people should face the death penalty.

Omg! That poor baby. Horrible. What in God's name is wrong with people?

They both should get the death penalty ! That mother had a hand in her death, she abused her before.That poor child another failure from DCP ! They rarely save a child but IMO help to let many children die horrible deaths! I am glad the Governor is having an independent investigation ,hopefully it will open up the real problems that keep allowing babies and children to be murdered! Biggest problem IMO No one over sees DCP, nor is any policing agency even the FBI above them which is why it has such a epic failure rate. No agency should be policing itself especially when WE the taxpayers are funding them. It seems they take away children from some without good cause and leave many at risk children with abusers.

Disgusting. This poor little angel never got to learn how amazing life can be. These need to rot in jail forever, for taking away every single moment this sweet girl had in front of her.

Fly high, sweet Dezirae. Such a beautiful name for a darling little girl. :rose:

There are no words to describe the anger I feel.

I mean they had a petition up BEFORE DEZIRAE WAS KILLED SAYING SHE NEEDED TO REMOVED OR SHE WOULD BE KILLED.

Lisa Eastman Dezirae's aunt is the one who put up the petition asking that Dezirae not be given back to her mother. All before she was killed
http://www.change.org/petitions/justice-for-dezirae

I don't think I have ever seen a more egregious case of neglect by the DFS and any other person in authority who saw this file on Dezirae and did nothing.

Lisa Eastman, Dezirae's aunt will join me Thursday night 8 PM Eastern on iHeart Radio.com

Lisa will tell us the heartbreaking details on how she and her family tried to rescue 2 year old Dezirae from her mother and stepfather only to have authorities ignore them and hand Dezirae over to the hands of the man who killed her. Her step father. He crushed her skull.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE THURSDAY NIGHT MARCH 6TH 8 PM EASTERN.

Don't worry if you miss the show. When the show is over we will post a link where you can listen at your convenience.

If you have questions for Lisa and rather than disrupting this thread any more please email your questions to triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com I will do my best to get to your question.

Thank you,
Tricia

This infuriates me!!!!!

What the H#$$ is happening to people? Is there some kind of epidemic of child abuse, torture and murder? There is no sanctity in human life? Why can't we as a society protect our children?

Will listen to Tricia broadcast Thurs at 8 p.m. EST. and get angry all over again, but I want to at least do something by bearing witness.

Don't forget tonight 8 PM EASTERN I will be interviewing Dezirae's Aunt Lisa Eastman.

Lisa will talk about the nightmare her family has been living since DFS handed Dezirae back to her abusers and eventually her killer.

The show is on iHeart Radio and you can CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT 8 PM EASTERN.

If you miss tonight's show you can hear all the past iHeart radio shows
by CLICKING ON SPREAKER

Tonight's show should be up on Spreaker about 15 minutes after it's over.

Tricia is now speaking to DS aunt Lisa on her radio show.

Hi again, (((((Chelly))))!!

I stuck around and listened to sweet Lisa talking to Tricia about her niece, Dezirae. And I'll ask the what-is-becoming-a-universal-question: What is wrong with people? Yes, a crying child is annoying, but in this case, did the little girl already have something to cry about? Had he already hurt her & then ... ?

And Lisa even started a petition since she was in such fear about her 2 nieces. Where is the other niece/daughter? I'm late in joining this case, so please forgive my ignorance of the details of this case.

Thanks for listening with me!!

And a BIG thanks to Tricia!!!!

THANK YOU ALL for taking the time to listen.

I feel terrible for Lisa. She is having a rough time now.

She has to know that she did everything in her power to save Dezirae. It's the fault of Dennis Duby, her sister Sandy, and the authorities who did nothing.

So many people failed Dezirae that it boggles the mind.

If you missed the show you can CLICK HERE to listen. It's up and ready for you.

Saw this -- her father talks about Dezirae -- I don't know anything about him, so I hope this is okay.

http://www.mychamplainvalley.com/st...ers-his-daughter/32720/pUHCNMVazU2_XK1ivhoUqA

From Borndem's link above:

Sheldon wants justice for Dezirea. And he says the threatening letters police say were written to DCF workers is not what he had in mind.

“I just don't want people to be violent towards anybody, because you know it’s not going to help anything. And it’s not honoring Dezirae. And if they are going to do anything, try to support other kids who are being abused,” said Sheldon.

Her daddy sounds like a far, far better man than her step-father/murderer is. I feel so sorry for him.

I hope what ever Sandy told her makes her feel better but JIMO Nothing Sandy has to say will ever absolve her of her part in the murder of her daughter. She is just as guilty as the scum boyfriend.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back