The Doe Network:
Case File 273UFIL
doenetwork.org/cases/273ufil.html
Not In NamUs

273UFIL.jpg
attachment.php

Unidentified White Female

Discovered on February 2, 1982 in Bloomington, Illinois
The victim was found hanging from a utility pole on 2/2/82. Site investigation established suicide.

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK

Warning - Postmortem Photo

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25 - 40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'10"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black shoulder length hair starting to gray. Light brown eyes, olive complexion. Prior to death people having contact with the victim indicated that she was not mentally stable. She was a smoker.
Dentals: Upper fronth teeth crowded together causing upper right front tooth to protrude beyond others.

Attachments

• 975ef155-6a09-4b5d-8691-af928ff6de37[1].jpg
    975ef155-6a09-4b5d-8691-af928ff6de37[1].jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 546
Donna Mae Bourgeois Bayerl looks like a pretty good possible match to this Jane Doe

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19994/0
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bayerl_donamae.html

bayerl_donamae.jpg
bayerl_donamae4.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bayerl_donamae.html

The key distinctive features of the Jane Doe are her height (5'10"), her crooked front teeth, and her prominent hooked nose with the large dorsal lump.

Donna's photos don't offer a real good look at her teeth, but they appear to protrude unusually, and she very strongly resembles the PM photo of the Jane Doe.

* Her uncommonly tall height (5'9") is within an inch of the Jane Doe's height.
* She has a similarly hooked nose with a dorsal lump.
* Her eye color (Brown) matches.
* Her age (37 in Feb'82) would be consistent.
* Her Loc LKA (Muskego WI) is about 200 miles from Bloomington Illinois.
* The timeframe between Date LKA and the Jane Doe's date of death is 21 months. But the circumstances of Bayerl's disappearance are unclear. She may have voluntarily left her family, in which case, the circumstances would not be inconsistent with the timeframe.

Yes, the hanging might have stretched her spine out to add an inch or more to 5'9".

The ears don't look right to me. Donna had unusually high ears. The nose is spot-on though.

I wonder how old those photos are - perhaps her ears could have dropped some with age. The 1970s *advertiser censored* actress Georgina Spelvin said in a recent interview that she still has the same measurements that she had back then but they are now closer to the ground:naughty:

Interesting case. The UID has a very distinctive nose. Could her nose's appearance be a result of plastic surgery?

I was just in Bloomington today. Does anyone know exactly where she was found and what type of utility pole it was? Also, how sure are they that it was a suicide? Couldn't lynching be a possibility?

I was just in Bloomington today. Does anyone know exactly where she was found and what type of utility pole it was? Also, how sure are they that it was a suicide? Couldn't lynching be a possibility?

I think probably drew the suicide conclusion based off people saying she appeared mentally unstable.

I think probably drew the suicide conclusion based off people saying she appeared mentally unstable.

No, I already submitted to Lori Bruski. I saw a couple of others that looked interesting, but this DonaMae looks pretty close IMO.

I take it you never heard back on this possible match? She looks spot on.

I was surfing the internet and I found this video of this jane doe. It has all the information on it. WARNING there is a post mortem photo.

[video=youtube;iKrvX04rufU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKrvX04rufU[/video]

This is a hometown case for me. I had not heard about this case until I began to look at this forum and elsewhere online about the missing and the unidentified. I haven't been able to find info about this case through the local paper, The Pantagraph, but suspect the archives may hold more details about the case. An extensive archive is online at newspapers.com but it is behind a paywall. :notgood: So far I can't find any information about where she was found, or anything about those who witnessed her before her death.

DonaMae Bayerl has been excluded, per info on NamUS.

ETA: NamUs changes show Jane Doe's age range as 29-50.

There is actually more information listed on NamUs than I have seen elsewhere about where she was found, which wasn't in Bloomington at all but rather nearby rural LeRoy...
Heartbreaking that this case seems to have never been a priority.
NamUs
"On February 2, 1982, at approximately 13:50 hours, a woman whose identity is not known was found hanging from a utility pole in rural McLean County on Route 136 near Le Roy, IL. Who this woman is and why she apparently committed suicide is not known."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back