Found Deceased MA - Rebecca Streeter, 35, Greenfield, 25 Feb 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Rebecca Streeter
16622_661665673874697_1318646840_n.jpg

Greenfield Police Ask for Public’s Help to Locate Missing Woman -

GREENFIELD, Mass. (wggb) –
Greenfield Police are looking for the public’s help in locating Rebecca Streeter who’s been missing since Tuesday. A Greenfield resident, Rebecca is described as a 35 year old female, approximately 5’4″.
According to Greenfield Police Sergeant Todd Dodge, it is believed that Rebecca left her home on her own late Tuesday night leaving her wallet, car keys, car and other belongings behind.

http://www.wggb.com/2014/03/01/greenfield-police-ask-for-publics-help-to-locate-missing-woman/

It would be helpful if we knew what the tragic circumstances were in Rebecca's sisters death.
Also what personal items she left in her home,

It would be helpful if we knew what the tragic circumstances were in Rebecca's sisters death.

Perhaps the "other belongings" are items she would normally have with her when leaving home (such as medications?), however, the wallet, car keys, and car are enough to make this very suspicious. Did someone pick her up? Is there any sign of foul play inside her home? Is there anything on her cell phone to indicate who she may have gone with or is her cell phone missing also?

:waitasec:

I saw on her FB, on 2/16, somebody asked her if she was back in town and asked how her sister was.

Noodling around on Facebook, it appears her sister died unexpectedly in her mid-20's and left behind two small children. The autopsy revealed signs of Leukemia although apparently it was not diagnosed before her death.

Sad.

From what I can work out, she had leukemia and died about 10 days before Rebecca went missing. It sounds as if it was so quick the diagnosis may have come after she passed.

Reading through Rebecca's facebook page, it seems her sister's sudden death was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. She seems very emotionally vulnerable and depressed, to me, before the sad shock of her sister's passing.

I haven't see a Police update today. Yesterday the Greenfield Police stated they had the search dogs But... the dogs could not get her scent. Knowing that is seems like she would have left in a car.

Friends & family search for missing woman -

Help find Rebecca Streeter YouTube Video

GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) –
A Franklin County family is asking for the public’s help in finding a loved one who hasn’t been seen since last week. Rebecca Streeter, or “Becky” as she’s known by her friends and family, was last seen Tuesday, February 25th, and since her disappearance, her family has been spreading the word. A Facebook page was created for friends and family to express their concerns and to share their memories of Rebecca. A YouTube video was also posted of her friends searching for her and begging for her return.

http://wwlp.com/2014/03/04/friends-family-search-for-missing-woman/

Thanks los for starting this thread. I've just seen this on FB.

What a mess it is, and how heartbreaking it is for the parents to possibly lose another child, so soon after the sudden and unexpected death of Rebeccas sister.

My heart bleeds for this family. I find myself in similar circumstances at the moment (my twin sister's cancer has returned - diagnosed this week) and the pain of it all is just utterly crippling. My sister and I are only 31. It appears Rebecca may have also (like me) been depressed prior to the events leading to her disappearance. I understand how Rebecca must have felt and my heart bleeds for her. Terrible and tragic for everyone. This poor, poor family.

What a mess it is, and how heartbreaking it is for the parents to possibly lose another child, so soon after the sudden and unexpected death of Rebeccas sister.

My heart bleeds for this family. I find myself in similar circumstances at the moment (my twin sister's cancer has returned - diagnosed this week) and the pain of it all is just utterly crippling. My sister and I are only 31. It appears Rebecca may have also (like me) been depressed prior to the events leading to her disappearance. I understand how Rebecca must have felt and my heart bleeds for her. Terrible and tragic for everyone. This poor, poor family.

Hugs to you Madamehdivison. My prayers are with you and your sister. I pray you can stay strong for yourself and for your sister as well as recovery for your sister. Prayers also to Rebecca and her family. I hope Rebecca is found soon and safe.

:grouphug: Prayers are with you and your sister, Madame.

http://www.recorder.com/home/12536810-95/missing-womans-family-fears-she-was-the-body-found-in-connecticut-river-wednesday

Officials have not yet released the identification of the body pulled from the Connecticut River Wednesday, but a missing Greenfield woman’s family is fairly certain it was her.

The body, that of a white female, was seen in the Connecticut River near Whately’s Herlihy Park at about 5 p.m. Wednesday, and recovered downstream about an hour later by Sunderland and Turners Falls firefighters. Firefighters returned to the Sunderland boat ramp and handed the body off to state police, who are in charge of the investigation...

Streeter’s aunt, Paula Tirrell, called The Recorder Thursday, and said that her family was sure the body was Streeter. Tirrell said she was unsure if family members had received unofficial word confirming Streeter’s identity, or simply made the assumption themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back