GUILTY NM - Emily Lambert, 30, Carlsbad, 1 March 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Emily Rebecca Lambert
emily-lambert.jpg

Carlsbad police search for missing woman -

Carlsbad police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman. Emily Rebecca Lambert was reported missing Saturday from the Stevens Best Western Inn in Carlsbad. She was last seen leaving the Blue Cactus Inn at approximately 11:30 p.m.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3348132.shtml?cat=519#.UxYNh_ldXH8

The Finding Emily facebook page says she was last seen in Carlsbad, NM NOT Carlsbad, CA.

After poking around on her FB page it appears she is missing out of Carlsbad, NM not CA. I never knew there was a Carlsbad, NM!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I have a lot of questions:
1. Was she staying with her friend or at this motel?
2. Was the friend out with her at the time, how long did it take to realize she was missing?

Does she smoke? I have a hard time believing she stepped out to leave the bar, because she left her cell phone and wallet. It would make sense if she went outside to smoke and something happened.

So two motels are involved? Never mind...motel name and lounge name...

After poking around on her FB page it appears she is missing out of Carlsbad, NM not CA. I never knew there was a Carlsbad, NM!

Off topic:
Yup, that's where the famous Carlsbad Caverns are located near Carlsbad, NM.

There is only one motel. I've seen it listed a few different ways on news reports. It is the Best Western Stevens Inn. It is a large motel here in town and has a restaurant and lounge on site. The lounge is the Blue Cactus and it is on one of the main streets through town.

I am local and my daughter works at that motel in the restaurant and am very familiar with the location. Other than seeing the alert on Facebook I have not seen or heard anything else locally about Emily.

I do know that lately our town has almost doubled in population because of a massive oilfield boom the past year. It is almost impossible to find housing or a motel room here. This particular motel is probably booked solid with tons of oilfield workers. It is a busy place with the lounge and restaurant, especially on a Saturday night.

According to the Finding Emily Facebook page, Emily's body has been found.

She was a loving mother of two girls, a sister, and a daughter. Prayers for Emily and her loved ones.

From various news reports and interviews with her parents:

--Emily was visiting her boyfriend in Carlsbad.
--Boyfriend called her parents Sunday morning to report her missing after they had a "spat" at the bar and she walked out (Saturday night).
--Reports have said she left her wallet and cell at the bar.
--Police have identified a person of interest, but as of right now have not released a name.

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_25274790/womans-body-found-near-loving?source=rss

LOL. I am from TX and I never knew there was a Carlsbad, CA! We went through the Carlsbad Caverns when I was a child. Scary.

So, sounds like this was a homicide. Wonder who their POI is. Maybe the boyfriend? And how far is the village of Loving from Carlsbad?

Sad, she was an attractive woman.

I really haven't noticed a huge spike in violent crime because of the boom. Stores are sometimes more crowded than usual and the traffic is bad. We have occasional murders or sexual assaults like any other place I suppose but not something that happens often and no more so lately.

The one odd coincidence is where they found Emily. She was found 'a stone's throw away' from where they found another girl back in November according to one reporter. She had been reported missing from Seminole, TX a few days earlier and was found nude and bound. I don't believe there is any link between the two. Very shortly after the first girl was found they made two arrests, one of them being her boyfriend or husband, I can't remember which.

Loving, NM is 11 miles from Carlsbad. It is very small, designated a village not a town. Only thing there are a few schools and a couple of convenience stores. Highway 31 turns off of 285 about a mile or so before you get to Loving. It is a well traveled highway. We have two potash mines and a nuclear waste repository in the area and that highway is one of two main routes to get to those places. Not to mention the constant oilfield traffic. That area is very rural, with some farm land but mostly flat, dry, with cactus and mesquite bushes.

The one odd coincidence is where they found Emily. She was found 'a stone's throw away' from where they found another girl back in November according to one reporter. She had been reported missing from Seminole, TX a few days earlier and was found nude and bound. I don't believe there is any link between the two. Very shortly after the first girl was found they made two arrests, one of them being her boyfriend or husband, I can't remember which.
RSBM

For reference, I found this article about that case:

Woman's body found in Loving

Fear ran rampant after a hunter from Hobbs spotted the body of a woman bound and nude in the Pecos River just north of Loving.

The woman was later identified as Anna Villegas of Seminole, TX. Eddy County Sheriff's officials working in conjunction with Gaines County Sheriff's Office arrested Villegas estranged husband Juan Villegas and his friend, Carlos Najera of Hobbs. Both have been charged with capital murder and will be tried in Gaines County where police say the murder occurred.
http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad-news/ci_24807355/top-crime-stories-2013

Looking up the JV, he was still in jail until 1/9/14, but I can't find further confirmation that he's still in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back