• Coverup: NO Murder NO

Votes: 59 19.9%

• Total voters

calus_3

Former Member
Reaction score
Oops messed up my post regarding the poll.....sorry

Hi,

I don't post on this forum as it seems by now anyone coming in late would have things on their mind that have already been discussed.

I know all your opinions are varied, and you are very passionate about them, but would love to know if there is a general concensus of opinion as to who done it!

Happy posting to you, and will check back. I was dying to see the answer to this poll, but you've just begun. LOL

Scandi

I never worry about people coming in late. There are always new people (I'm relatively new myself), and they should have every chance to discuss something that has already been discussed before they arrived. It's always good to hear another point of view.

I think Patsy killed JonBenet by accident, and I think she started the cover-up and then woke John up to help when she realized how huge a task it was. I'm not cemented on that idea, though. It could have been John that killed her and Patsy helped cover up. I firmly believe Patsy was the author of the note - it's trademark Patsy. I don't believe Burke was involved, but I do wonder how the missing items left the house. Did he just carry the N64 under his arm, or did he have a it packed up in a bag or the box to transport it?

the more i read and read on websleuths the more i think patsy didnt kill jon benet but a cover up of some sort for another family member wouldn't surprise me, only if it was burke..I dont think patsy would cover up for john....i used to believe whole heartedly that no one in the family or house committed this crime..but now i am open to new things....

I just can't see her having anything to do with it. I know they have not always acted appropriately, but she's flaky to begin with IMO. Not to say I couldn't be convinced otherwise, but just blowing up everything she did or didn't do (like referring to the "tea party" the morning her daughter was kidnapped) isn't going to put me over.
Sexual Predators have become bolder & bolder in recent years, it seems. Taking children from their beds while their parents sleep. Is it because they saw that someone was able to get away with it in Boulder?

hollyjokers said:
I just can't see her having anything to do with it. I know they have not always acted appropriately, but she's flaky to begin with IMO. Not to say I couldn't be convinced otherwise, but just blowing up everything she did or didn't do (like referring to the "tea party" the morning her daughter was kidnapped) isn't going to put me over.
Sexual Predators have become bolder & bolder in recent years, it seems. Taking children from their beds while their parents sleep. Is it because they saw that someone was able to get away with it in Boulder?

Former beauty queens with no blemishes in their past, or history of violence, don't all of a sudden lose it one night, and then go back to their life......and no one has offered any proof that Patsy had a criminal mind, or could rattle off all the movie lines and themes found in the note, or that she had any motive to first strangle her daughter and then bash her in the head, let alone sexually assault her. Patsy didn't even have the strength to do those things. The cord was deeply imbedded, and the blow to JBR's head was done with a great deal of force. Children have been taken from their beds while others slept in much smaller homes--even mobile homes. This isn't new--they just don't always make national news.

QUOTE>>Patsy didn't even have the strength to do those things. <<

I don't know about that Maikai, do you mean because of her cancer??

narlacat said:
QUOTE>>Patsy didn't even have the strength to do those things. <<

I don't know about that Maikai, do you mean because of her cancer??

She is a petite woman--maybe 5'2 or 3 inches, and slim at the time of the murder. JBR's skull had an 8 inch crack in it, and a chunk of displaced bone--it took a lot of strength to deliver a blow like that. The strangulation was done first---and I can't imagine most people, let alone a mother that doted on her child, pulling that garrotte tight into the neck, while JBR was trying to claw it off. Some say the killer had to be looking into JBR's face while he strangled her.

No.
I agree pretty much with maikia + PR sure didn't write that RN.

Patsy talks just like the ransom note once you read DOI. She is the one to constantly refer to Southern Common Sense. Johns side of the story concentrates on his job and the boring changes and how he lost his livelyhod. The note points to both of these.

They wrote it together. PR is a Hysterical personality if I ever saw one. Her daughter was used to get herself attention.
In the NE Police reports PR referrs to JonBenet getting up to change her clothes after wetting the bed and getting in another bed. Like Burkes or her the other bed in her room. She never mentions bathing the child once she peed on herself. Seems jonBenet changing her clothes waw clean enough.
The night of the murder they put her to bed with PR knowing she peed the bed. She didn't put her on the pot. They had an early flight but PR still did not insure JonBenet would be ready by letting her sleep without peeing.
And why did PR not tell the dr.? My brother had a girlfriend that had a child that wet the bed at 13. He learned it was not her fault, to wake her up to use the bathroom and that some children sleep so deep they don't wake or their bladders just don't grow as fast as they do.
PR had money and took JonBenet to the dr all the time. How could she be ignorant of bedwetting? Or did she not tell because she knew it was not because of normal causes but of sexual abuse.
And from the autopsy JonBenet had new and healed wounds from sexual abuse. Her Hyman was just a ridge with inflamation. Their was bloood from recent irritation.
The child was abused. Period. But PR denies knowing of abuse, even a year after her daughter is dead she she denies. BS.

Becba said:
Patsy talks just like the ransom note once you read DOI. She is the one to constantly refer to Southern Common Sense. Johns side of the story concentrates on his job and the boring changes and how he lost his livelyhod. The note points to both of these.

They wrote it together. PR is a Hysterical personality if I ever saw one. Her daughter was used to get herself attention.
In the NE Police reports PR referrs to JonBenet getting up to change her clothes after wetting the bed and getting in another bed. Like Burkes or her the other bed in her room. She never mentions bathing the child once she peed on herself. Seems jonBenet changing her clothes waw clean enough.
The night of the murder they put her to bed with PR knowing she peed the bed. She didn't put her on the pot. They had an early flight but PR still did not insure JonBenet would be ready by letting her sleep without peeing.
And why did PR not tell the dr.? My brother had a girlfriend that had a child that wet the bed at 13. He learned it was not her fault, to wake her up to use the bathroom and that some children sleep so deep they don't wake or their bladders just don't grow as fast as they do.
PR had money and took JonBenet to the dr all the time. How could she be ignorant of bedwetting? Or did she not tell because she knew it was not because of normal causes but of sexual abuse.
And from the autopsy JonBenet had new and healed wounds from sexual abuse. Her Hyman was just a ridge with inflamation. Their was bloood from recent irritation.
The child was abused. Period. But PR denies knowing of abuse, even a year after her daughter is dead she she denies. BS.

Any idea who the abuser was?

Eve

eve said:
Any idea who the abuser was?

Eve
I would think a parent is the first suspect of abuse, but if a child spends time with a close family member or friend that widens the suspect list.
I voted Patsy was involved in a cover up. I think it is easier for me to speculate JR was abusing JonBenet than anyone else but I really don't have any theory I'm sticking too.
Lots of denial and mixed up stories came from the R's. If PR had said "OMG, you mean someone was abusing my daughter?" Instead she said she hadn't heard that, BS IMO, and she doesn't believe that was true.

I am wondering if anyone who voted No and No for Patsey think that it could've been John all the way? Just curious.

I do not believe the Ramseys have anything whatsoever to do with the death of their daughter. And the "ransom note" is no such thing. It is a long, rambling piece of nonsense, composed by someone who had watched too many films and wanted to confuse the Ramseys and the police. Maybe he thought the menacing tone would give him an air of superiority. Maybe he originally DID intend to kidnap JonBenet. But I believe it was left for Patsy to find because he wanted to induce as much fear as possible, and- ultimately- because he was proud of what he'd written. JMHO!

PrayersForMaura said:
I am wondering if anyone who voted No and No for Patsey think that it could've been John all the way? Just curious.
I don't think Patsy had anything to do with the crime but I remain on the fence because of John Ramsey's behaviour and attitude. I don't trust Mr Cool and I think he could be nasty.

Maikai said:
"Former beauty queens with no blemishes in their past, or history of violence, don't all of a sudden lose it one night, and then go back to their life......and no one has offered any proof that Patsy had a criminal mind, or could rattle off all the movie lines and themes found in the note, or that she had any motive to first strangle her daughter and then bash her in the head, let alone sexually assault her. Patsy didn't even have the strength to do those things. The cord was deeply imbedded, and the blow to JBR's head was done with a great deal of force. Children have been taken from their beds while others slept in much smaller homes--even mobile homes. This isn't new--they just don't always make national news."

I have to agree. And this didn't make national news all that much, at least in my neck of the woods, except on the internet. We're keeping it going. Those parents were definitely too friendly and trusting, maybe couldn't say no before things went too far. "We didn't mean for this to happen."

britgirl said:
I do not believe the Ramseys have anything whatsoever to do with the death of their daughter. And the "ransom note" is no such thing. It is a long, rambling piece of nonsense, composed by someone who had watched too many films and wanted to confuse the Ramseys and the police. Maybe he thought the menacing tone would give him an air of superiority. Maybe he originally DID intend to kidnap JonBenet. But I believe it was left for Patsy to find because he wanted to induce as much fear as possible, and- ultimately- because he was proud of what he'd written. JMHO!
I think if the Ramseys are innocent and it was an intruder, that Patsy did in some way contribute to parading JonBenet around as a little too "provocative" and "sexy" for her age at those pageants; thus, inadvertently exposing her to sexual predators who prey on young children, unfortunately.
She was made up to look sexier and more beautiful than I look.

IF nothing else, Patsy was guilty of exposing JonBenet in that light.
I mean no harm in that comment. She may not have realized what she was doing. Children should be allowed to be children, not mini models.

Apparently a slight majority believe Patsy to be "involved", and probably they mean inadvertently, and not acting alone.

Correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back