FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

Snoods

Reaction score
Reny.jpg

Reny Jose, 21, was last seen Monday at 7pm. Jose has been on Panama City Beach with friends since Saturday on Spring Break.

Jose's friends reported him missing from the beach-front home he was renting Tuesday morning. The Bay County Sheriff's Office said Jose's clothing and personal items were found in a garbage can near the home.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9454320

Here is Reny Jose's FB page, I haven't given it the ol sleuth once over yet, but it seems he has a steady girl, he's a smart gorgeous kid studying in Mechanical Engineering at Rice University. Enjoying a spring break with his buds. What could go wrong, right? Right?
Here Is Reny's FB
https://www.facebook.com/josereny

HELP SLEUTHY PEOPLE WE NEED YOU! I think a WS company trip to Panama Bay FL for strictly business may be in order. I say YAY. We could help look for Reny and help look for Heather.

This sounds scary. I wonder if any strangers were seen lurking around?

The news reports say his clothes and possessions were found in a garbage can near the apartment they were renting. What? That seems odd. The news reports say nothing else about that. Why would his stuff been thrown away and who threw his stuff away? Surely someone didn't abduct this kid, break into the apartment, get all his stuff and throw it away. Nor did he walk into some dark alley, get mugged, stabbed and killed, then someone goes to his apartment and throw away his stuff. So, either he threw away his stuff, then walked out, or his roomates had a fight with him, he walked out, his roomates threw away his stuff. When he didn't return, they got concerned. So, I can only think he left the apartment to head back to Rice. Maybe he's still on his way and doesn't know he's been reported missing, or maybe something happened to him on the way. I suspect the former, he will turn up in a day or two.

1920038_515401135235913_1665256219_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findreny

http://www.newsherald.com/news/crim...searching-for-missing-spring-breaker-1.286527

Reny Jose, a 21-year-old student of Rice University, has not been seen since Monday at 7 p.m. Jose has been on Panama City Beach with friends since Saturday.

The BCSO was contacted at 11:26 a.m. Tuesday by friends of Jose to report him missing from the beach-front home he was renting. The home is located in the 21000 block of Front Beach Road. Jose’s clothing and personal items were found in a garbage can near the home.

The BCSO Air Unit has been covering the area near the home and surrounding beaches to find Jose.

I had assumed they meant 11:30 the same night. Apparently they reported him missing at that time the next morning.

The news reports say his clothes and possessions were found in a garbage can near the apartment they were renting. What? That seems odd. The news reports say nothing else about that. Why would his stuff been thrown away and who threw his stuff away? Surely someone didn't abduct this kid, break into the apartment, get all his stuff and throw it away. Nor did he walk into some dark alley, get mugged, stabbed and killed, then someone goes to his apartment and throw away his stuff. So, either he threw away his stuff, then walked out, or his roomates had a fight with him, he walked out, his roomates threw away his stuff. When he didn't return, they got concerned. So, I can only think he left the apartment to head back to Rice. Maybe he's still on his way and doesn't know he's been reported missing, or maybe something happened to him on the way. I suspect the former, he will turn up in a day or two.

BluesClues - I took that to mean the stuff he was wearing at the moment - his clothes, flip flops, maybe a hat, etc. were found in the garbage near the beach house where he and his friends were vacationing. It is unclear, though - does that mean all the stuff that he had brought for spring break was now in the garbage and there was nothing left that he had brought in the beach house?

Underneath this KHOU article - all his clothes and wallet. Rumor although she does know him.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Rice-student-reported-missing-in-Florida-248483681.html

Kind of odd that they waited that long to report him missing, unless he told them he was going out and not to wait up or something like that. Curious to know under what circumstances he left... after a fight? just to take a walk? Had he talked to someone on the phone prior?

The clothes and personal belongings in the trash sounds very ominous - I am assuming they are referring just to whatever clothes he was wearing and whatever he might've had on him at the time - cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. Obviously important to know what was found, but LE seems to be holding it close to the vest, which is understandable. Surprising his friends "found" the items in a trash can unless it was obvious or very close to the house.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I can't imagine he came to harm and someone separated him from his clothes / items, but I suppose it is possible. On the other hand, if he was looking to disappear, changing his clothes and getting rid of his cell phone (assuming it was found with the "personal belongings") as it would've enabled him to be tracked would be the first order of business. He was an engineering student, he likely would've known such things.

For those of you unfamiliar with Rice, it is a relatively small private college in Houston that is quite selective and full of very bright, very elite students. It can be a very high pressure environment. I can think of one other instance a few years ago where a student disappeared right before finals and turned up in Berkley, California. Just starting out on spring break, you would think it would be relaxing and free from stress but who knows.

I am hoping for Reny's sake that he hasn't met with foul play but perhaps decided for whatever reason to walk away. I hope for his family and friend's sake he resurfaces and lets them know he is ok. Lots of possibilities with this one, he needs to be found.

The more I think about being in college and spring break, if he left the night before and told them not to worry, and they were up late partying, they might not have woken up and realized he was missing until 11am, so maybe it's not that odd...

I think that's undeniably true. How did all the clothes he brought get in the garbage without someone noticing immediately?

Based upon what has been said in media, LE has only said "his clothes and personal belongings" were found - I'm assuming this meant what he was wearing at the time he left plus whatever items he had with him (wallet? cell phone? who knows)... I think it would be a jump to assume all his belongings from the condo were found in the trash, but it is possible.

Based upon what has been said in media, LE has only said "his clothes and personal belongings" were found - I'm assuming this meant what he was wearing at the time he left plus whatever items he had with him (wallet? cell phone? who knows)... I think it would be a jump to assume all his belongings from the condo were found in the trash, but it is possible.

I'm referring to comments posted by people who know him, under the KHOU article. Rumor, of course, since it doesn't appear in the MSM article. But noodling around on facebook, they do in fact know him.

Wow, I had to do a double take when I saw that thumbnail, he looked exactly like an ex of mine - except that was about 20 yrs ago, and ex was Hispanic not Indian lol. :eek:

Anyway... This is extremely disturbing, the clothes being left like that. Reminded me of Antonio Saldivar in TX, with his clothes left behind in the wrecked car. Details like that give me the creeps.

He either planned to leave and changed? Or something happened and a perp threw them away there? :waitasec:

I notice that one article says they reported him at 11somehing and imply it was at night, but the missing poster and another article says 11am?

My thoughts are:

- he went for a night swim with someone and drowned, person panicked & tossed his stuff.
- he got into an altercation with a friend from the group, it went south, friend threw away clothes to cover it up & I have no idea where said friend would have put him.
- he wanted to disappear - maybe too much stress from school, etc.

I am not surprised by the friends not reporting him until the next day. It's spring break - lots of partying going on. I am sure you can get separated from your group, usually by choice, and just meet up later and no one would think anything of it.

When I first read this thread I assumed that ALL of his belongings were thrown away.
Now that I re-read it, I think they are referring to the things he had on, with him

When I first read this thread I assumed that ALL of his belongings were thrown away.
Now that I re-read it, I think they are referring to the things he had on, with him

His friend on facebook says all the clothes he had at Panama beach with him, and his wallet. So no, not ALL his possessions in the world - just the stuff he brought to Florida.

Rumor, of course, from facebook friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back