UK UK - Sandy Davidson, 4, Irvine, Scotland, 23 April 1976

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
I have just heard about this little lad and thought that he warranted a thread.

"Irvine’s Bourtreehill is a respectable area.

The gardens are well-kept and there’s a corner shop here and there. At Broomlands Primary School, mums and dads, grans and granddads wait to pick up their wee ones.

It seems there’s nothing much to single out the area. There are housing estates like this in towns right across Scotland. But Bourtreehill is the home of an enduring mystery.

In April 1976, four-year-old toddler Sandy Davidson went missing from his gran’s garden. It’s possible someone still in the area knows what happened to the cute-as-a-button toddler with the curls.

At the time, a huge police operation swung into action. Doors were knocked, sheds checked, rivers dragged. Nothing. And there’s been no trace of Sandy ever since. It’s as if he just vanished into thin air."
More at link with pictures

sandy2.jpg

Sandy and how he might look now

40 years ago tomorrow. Horrible for the family to never know what happened to this lovely wee boy.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1351553-sandy-davidson-familys-plea-over-missing-child-40-years-on/

He had been playing in the garden with his sister Donna when the gate flew open and their dog escaped on the morning of April 23, 1976. Sandy ran after him while Donna rushed to tell their grandparents what had happened. The curly-haired boy was never seen again...

Donna, now 42, said: "I don't think he's still alive, but we still need to find him. We've never had a funeral or a memorial service and we never will until he's found.

"I think someone reached over the fence and opened the garden gate from the outside, which let the dog out and sent us after it."

Hi, I stay 10 mins from this location.

Seems a witness came forward in 2015 to say that he had been abducted and tortured by a teenage girl about the same time Sandy went missing.

Police also refusing to excavate the old school that was recently knocked down.

Hi, I stay 10 mins from this location.

Seems a witness came forward in 2015 to say that he had been abducted and tortured by a teenage girl about the same time Sandy went missing.

Police also refusing to excavate the old school that was recently knocked down.

Here is an article about this - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/new-hope-family-missing-sandydavidson-5144036

This could potentially be the perp in this case. Haunting similarities with Mary Bell.

I hope she has been thoroughly investigated. I haven't been able to find any updates, but its very concerning that a girl this disturbed and capable of child abuse hadn't been properly dealt with when she abused that boy.

Hello Taskforce88

Are there any local theories as to what happened?

Hello Taskforce88

Are there any local theories as to what happened?

The main local theory is that he got trapped somewhere on the nearby school construction site. His sister wanted the site searched when the school was knocked down a few years ago but this was refused. A housing scheme has since been built on the site.

Other theories include him being abducted from his garden.

The main local theory is that he got trapped somewhere on the nearby school construction site. His sister wanted the site searched when the school was knocked down a few years ago but this was refused. A housing scheme has since been built on the site.

Other theories include him being abducted from his garden.

Thank you Taskforce88

1678474224864.png 1678474242733.png1678474260307.png1678474283883.png1678474297222.png

Sandy Davidson​

Disappeared​

23 April 1976

Missing for​

46 years

Location​

Irvine, Scotland

Age​

Age now​

Race​

White

Sex​

Male

Classification​

Endangered missing

''Sandy Jardine Davidson was a toddler who vanished from his home in Scotland in 1976.''
Sandy Davidson was last seen outside his house in the Boutreehill area of Irvine, Scotland on 23 April 1976. He had been playing in the garden with his younger sister, Donna, and the family dog when the gate flew open. The dog ran out of the gate and Sandy ran out to catch him. He beckoned to Donna to follow him but she did not. Donna went indoors to tell their grandparents, who were taking care of them that day, what had happened. They searched for Sandy, even halting construction on a new building estate nearby, but nobody they spoke to had seen him.

Sandy's house was near a river so it has been theorized that the dog could have run into the river, prompting him to follow it in and drown.

Around the time of Sandy's disappearance, there was an unidentified man delivering leaflets around the area. It has also been theorized that this man may have opened the gate and abducted Sandy. His parents believe that this man could have been lonely and wanted to have a son.

In 2015, a man came forward and said that he had been abducted and assaulted by a teenage girl around the time Sandy vanished, although this hasn't been confirmed to be related to the case.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back