GUILTY AZ - Roman Barerras, 3, starved to death, Tucson, Dec 2013 *mother arrested*

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...vers-childs-remains-near-drexel-and-irvington

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Today authorities are trying to identify the remains of a child found at a vacant home on Tucson's southside.

The discovery was made on Tuesday evening by the landlord, according to TPD, who had been cleaning up a back unit at a triplex near Irvington and 12th Avenue.

Currently TPD is working to identify the age of the remains and whether they were male or female. According to TPD the unit the remains were discovered in had been vacant for some time.

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor arrived on the scene on Tuesday, after officers reported finding a child's remains. TPD is not saying whether there is link between this case and the Isabel Celis one.

TPD officials are expected to give an update to the case at 10 a.m. this morning

I didn't put this on Isa's thread since they have not linked the remains to Isa.

I do not know how in the hell they can say it is not related to Isa when they just found the child's body yesterday.

:banghead:

But it could be another little child that was never reported missing by their family I suppose.

Bless the children who lose their little lives way too soon.

This is heartbreaking.

*I don't understand either, Ocean.

Is Isabel the only missing child from Tucson ?

God bless you Ocean for your compassion. R.I.P. small Angel. :(

Is Isabel the only missing child from Tucson ?

It very well could be a case where the child was never reported missing because a family member may have been the very one that murdered them.:(

Just speculating of course.

But this child belongs to someone. I would like to know who lived there where the body was found before it became unoccupied. And the news is stating this place has been unoccupied for quite awhile. Long enough for the child's remains to be skeletonized I imagine. Ugggh.

I remember reading about cases where family members murdered one of their children then buried the child there or put it inside of one the walls or crawlspaces then moving leaving the murdered child behind.

Such overwhelming sadness everywhere these days.

IMO

This is heartbreaking.

*I don't understand either, Ocean.

Maybe they know it isn't Isa if the remains are of a much younger child. Maybe clothing was with the remains.

All I know it breaks my heart to know that not only was a little child killed by someone but then they were even abandoned in death too.:(

IMO

TPD will hold a press conference at 3:00PM today (5:00 EST) regarding the remains that were found yesterday.

:( :( :(

I've got to stop reading these threads.

Maybe they know it is not Isa due to size of remains. Too large or too small.

Heartbreaking, always.

Rest in peace little one. :rose:

http://www.kvoa.com/news/child-s-remains-found-police-searching-for-former-tenants/

Police say it's too soon to know if the remains are a boy, or girl or how long they've been there. "They are skeletal remains, so it's a little early to speculate," said Tucson Police Spokesperson Chris Widmer. "But it does appear they've been there for some time."

Police have ruled out the remains being Celis. "It's based on info we've received, and also the size of remains," says Widmer.

RIP little Roman... fly free with all of the other little angels who were taken too soon- your parents never deserved you in the first place. I hope you didn't suffer long~ Frigga

ETA Thank god the other children are now safe and away from these two sorry excuses for human beings. The 12 year old will certainly be able to tell what happened to this sweet baby. I hope they find a loving home, together, for once.

Rest in Heavenly Peace, little Roman.

This is so terribly, terribly sad and maddening at the same time.

That poor baby. They should starve her!

Sniped from above article:

The owners of the property where the remains of a child were found Tuesday say while picking up after their evicted tenants, they almost threw the toy chest away.

They say the Barreras family lived in the triplex unit, less than a year. They also say they had no idea seven people were living in the two bedroom unit. They were under the impression two adults and two kids were living there.

After not paying rent and countless warnings, they were legally evicted at the end of January.

On Tuesday, while cleaning the property they found a dirty mess inside and out. When they got to the attached laundry room, they found a 3x3 plastic toy trunk outside on the back patio with blankets on top, wet from the rain.

"There was a lot of trash around it, blankets, and boxes of clothes that were wet," describes the landlord, "we were putting all this stuff in trash bags so we could take it to the dumpster."

The owner says they almost didn't open the trunk assuming it was trash, filled with more soggy blankets. That's when another helper, tugged at a blanket finding skeletal remains. The landlord knew it was a child.

Tucson's Police Chief said Roman was often kept inside the attached laundry room outside. The homeowner describes it as an 8x10 brick room.

Roman's father, Martin Barrera, told detectives that his wife starved the boy to death and put the body in the toy chest. Martin said he confronted Raquel about it but did nothing further to stop it

I wonder why Roman and not the others?

Can you imagine if the landlord's helper hadn't opened the toy chest? These monsters would have gotten away with murder. They almost did. :-O

Send them both to Sheriff Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That poor baby. They should starve her!

Sniped from above article:

I wonder why Roman and not the others?

Poor Roman.

In other cases, I've read that it's not uncommon for a family to single out one child for abuse or mistreatment. I don't think I've ever read why, though. Maybe there isn't a why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back