GUILTY MI - Carlos Love & Dantraz Oliver-McClung, charged w/ rape, Detroit, 5 March 2014

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
March 5, 2014 at 11:49 am
With video

Officials: Sexual assault may be linked to Detroit fire being investigated for arson; 6 residents unaccounted for

Tony Briscoe/The Detroit News

Detroit — A four-alarm fire at an occupied apartment building on the city’s west side had residents jumping from windows to escape the massive blaze.

About 25 people, including children, were rescued Wednesday morning by firefighters and three were taken to the hospital with injuries after leaping from the second and third floors of the three-story apartment building, the Jason Manor Apartments, on the 21000 block of Jason near Schoolcraft.

Among the injured were: A 47-year-old man with second-degree burns on his right hand, a 47-year-old woman who jumped from the second floor and had pain on her side, and a 40-year-old man man with back and pelvic pains after jumping from the second floor...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140305/METRO01/303050041#ixzz2v6oXPAC5

saw this on my local news here this morning and immediately called my Detroit family. They said yes, they are hearing locally (on the news) there is more to this story.

Here is another bite from that article ^ to help start to explain the "sexual assault" connection:

Fire Commissioner Jonathan Jackson said police were earlier called to the complex overnight for "a party that resulted in an altercation." Arson investigators were on the scene as was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140305/METRO01/303050041#ixzz2v73SBNzx

sounds like these firemen did a great job, which is great to hear this morning. I hear from my family there that there is no money for so many vital services - not getting the snow plowed for many days, LE response time often is way behind what is should be, etc. Sounds like this fire could have been worse.

March 6, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Arson investigators working scene of massive Detroit apartment blaze

Tony Briscoe/The Detroit News

Detroit — Arson investigators returned Thursday to the scene of a four-alarm apartment complex blaze that was intentionally set a day earlier to find small plumes of smoke still rising from what remained of the structure’s upper levels and flooding in its lower areas.

A backhoe knocked down portions of the Jason Manor Apartments on the city’s northwest side on Wednesday, and authorities Thursday appeared to be still pumping water from its basement, full of charred timbers, bricks and other debris.

On Wednesday, police, fire officials, and ATF agents sifted through the charred remains of the Jason Manor Apartments looking for six residents still unaccounted for after firefighters earlier rescued 25 people, including children. Three residents were taken to the hospital with minor injuries after leaping from the second and third floors of the 42-unit building on the 21000 block of Jason near Schoolcraft, which caught fire about 6 a.m.

"We'll bring the dogs in today," said Detroit Arson Unit Capt. Patrick McNulty, overviewing plans for the day. "We'll try and shut down the water main and start digging into the debris." ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140306/METRO01/303060069#ixzz2vDDMaZh0

March 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm

1 arrested in alleged assault as arson probe continues at Detroit apartment complex

Tony Briscoe and George Hunter/The Detroit News

Detroit — Police on Thursday arrested a man who allegedly raped a 19-year-old woman during a party in an apartment building just hours before someone set the complex on fire.

A second suspected rapist remains a fugitive.

The fire at Jason Manor Apartments on the city’s northwest side Wednesday was deemed suspicious by investigators, who are trying to determine whether it was caused by the men who allegedly raped the woman in a first-floor apartment bedroom at about 1 a.m., about five hours before the building went up in flames.

“We don’t have a positive link between the sexual assault and the arson, but the investigative assumption is that (the alleged rapists) would come back to destroy the evidence,” Detroit Police Deputy Chief David LeValley said...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140306/METRO01/303060069#ixzz2vI0em18w

seems like a huge coincidence if the assault and the fire are not related.

I hope those folks who are unaccounted for are merely away and not found in this building.

sounds like these firemen did a great job, which is great to hear this morning. I hear from my family there that there is no money for so many vital services - not getting the snow plowed for many days, LE response time often is way behind what is should be, etc. Sounds like this fire could have been worse.

Earlier this week, WDIV had a report about the snow situation and how fire hydrants have been difficult to locate in the city and suburbs. When snow plows go through neighborhoods, the snow is piled 3-4' or higher, covering fire hydrants, cable/utility boxes, etc. It's remarkable that fire fighters were able to access hydrants to extinguish the massive blaze.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back