GUILTY PA - Mahogany, 7, Shaune, 5, & Sharonda Porter, 4, die in arson fire, 14 May 2005

OriginalJerseyGirl

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
Reaction score
NBC10.com - News - Woman Arrested In Arson Death Of 3 Children (includes a photo of the 3 little ones)

... Zakeeyah Williams Harper, 22, has been charged with three counts of murder, four counts of attempted murder and conspiracy in the deaths of:

Sharonda Porter, 4
Mahagany Porter, 7
Shawn Porter, 6.

Two other children -- Cordiere, 5, and Jontay, 8 -- and their mother, Jamika Clark, were hospitalized. A sixth child, Sianne, 2, was briefly sent to the hospital for observation, but was released Monday afternoon.

Sources told NBC 10 News that Harper and Clarke had an argument over a man. NBC 10 has learned that Harper is allegedly pointing the finger at two accomplices, but that has not been confirmed by authorities...

NBC10.com - News - Shots Fired Into Home Arson Witness Visits

A Philadelphia family suffered the loss of three young children in a deadly fire last Saturday. Now, relatives say that they are being targeted after an arson arrest.

Family members of the fire victims told NBC 10 News that one of the witnesses to the arson was visiting their house just after 1 a.m. Less than five minutes after he stepped inside the house, bullets came flying through the living room window...

Investigators said that Harper was having an ongoing argument with Clark over a man they were both dating.

Late Wednesday afternoon, police arrested and charged 20-year-old Terrell Johnson with shooting into the house with a stolen gun.

oh god! How horrible!
what a monster!!! and over a Man?? What the hell is wrong with her??

Can chlidren survive with over 95% of their bodies being burned???

poor little children.
I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

The funeral was today for the 3 little ones. Sadly, their mother and 2 siblings could not attend because they are still in the hospital. As of two days ago, the mother was not aware that 3 of her babies had died. I don't know if she's been informed at this point but I get the sense that she has been told.

I will post a link to an article about the funeral as soon as one becomes available.

JerseyGirl said:
The funeral was today for the 3 little ones. Sadly, their mother and 2 siblings could not attend because they are still in the hospital. I will post a link to an article about the funeral as soon as one becomes available.
the mother should make it.
i honestly don't know about the two little ones :(
from what little I know about burns, when you
are burned that much, it's very hard to keep
you hydrated, and to keep infection out!

I will pray very hard for those two little ones.

sharon25 said:
I will pray very hard for those two little ones.
I will too. From what I've heard, burns are one of the most painful injuries that one can experience. To imagine such small kids suffering that kind of pain over 95% of their bodies is unthinkable. And all because of a 22 year-old girl that was upset because of a dispute over a man. Disgusting.

JerseyGirl said:
I will too. From what I've heard, burns are one of the most painful injuries that one can experience. To imagine such small kids suffering that kind of pain over 95% of their bodies is unthinkable. And all because of a 22 year-old girl that was upset because of a dispute over a man. Disgusting.
again, I don't know much about burns, but I remember reading
in a text book from school once, that severe burns are actually
painless.

I just stopped typing and looked it up to be sure. this is from the Mayo Clinic.

"The most serious burns are painless and involve all layers of the skin. Fat, muscle and even bone may be affected. Areas may be charred black or appear dry and white. Difficulty inhaling and exhaling, carbon monoxide poisoning or other toxic effects may occur if smoke inhalation accompanies the burn."
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=FA00022

For their sake, I hope and pray that they are in no pain.

sharon25 said:
in a text book from school once, that severe burns are actually painless.
That's wonderful if it's true. To spare them any of the pain that they're going to be experiencing for quite some time is great. I don't have much experience with burns. One of my family members had a moderate to severe burn to the face, and was kept in the hospital on IV pain medications. So I assumed that the lack of pain was from the meds.

Do you know if the burns continue to be painless as the healing occurs?

It just occurred to me that the burning of the skin up until the point that it becomes severely burned must be awfully painful. I hope that the process of that was very fast so that these children didn't suffer for long. :(

I have a friend who is director of our local EMT services. He's told me before that severe burns are painless and that most die from infection. That can be a terrible way to go. He told me that once the nerves are burn there is no more pain from fire. However, it can prove difficult to give IV's and such.

How anyone could have done this with children in the house just shows her lack of care or concern. I hope that man was worth spending the biggest portion of her life behind bars.

Over a man??! :doh: And he is probably a Big-Time LOSER, at that! As the aunt of these poor children said: "I could not imagine in my greatest dreams, visions or imagination why someone would do something like this to anybody. But it's an evil world we're living in right now," Cossom said.

Philadelphia Inquirer | 05/23/2005 | Funeral held for siblings killed in arson fire

They were remembered as children who loved attending school, playing with friends and Barbie dolls, and drinking the soft drink, blue Hugs.

About 500 people gathered for a rousing ceremony at a church in the city’s Logan section today to mourn the deaths ...

Three small white caskets each enscribed with the children’s names in gold letters sat at the front of Way of the Cross Church of Christ at Broad Street and Wyoming Avenue. Atop the center casket were large sepia photos of each child dressed in Easter finery - the girls in bright dresses and hats adorned with flowers, Shaune in a suit with matching cap...

This is horrible, I just don't understand why women do such crap over a man.....makes me want to scream.

I have a pretty good idea that these burns are not painless. While in some areas of the burn, its possible that some nerves are damaged beyond their function, its probably not going to emcompass the entire burned area. I also think that they'll have to scrub these areas over and over once new skin begins to grow in order to keep in from becoming infected.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20PACO%2020160506742/COMMONWEALTH%20v.%20STARKS

On the evening of May 13, 2005, [Starks] and co-defendant Zakeeyah Harper (‘Harper’) were sitting in a bar commiserating over their mutual dislike of the adult victim, Jameeka Clark. Clark was the third member of a love triangle consisting of Harper and one Thomas ‘TJ’ Dale, the father of Harper’s two
children. [Starks] purportedly disliked Clark because she recently had rebuffed his advances.

[Starks] and Harper agreed to firebomb the victims’ home later that evening, knowing that Clark lived there with her six children. Shortly after midnight, on May 14, 2005, Harper and her cousin, Tysheea Harper (‘Tysheea’), who agreed to act as the lookout, met [Starks] at a gas station. There, Harper
purchased two bottles of juice and $5.00 worth of gasoline. The trio emptied the bottles and [Starks] filled them with the gas. As the three individuals walked toward the victims’ home, one of them found a t-shirt, ripped it into pieces, and placed the pieces into the bottles, creating a makeshift bomb. As Tysheea watched, [Starks] and Harper lit their ‘bombs’ and threw them at the house. [Starks]’s bottle crashed through a window, and Harper’s bottle landed near the house. A fire erupted, killing three children and seriously injuring two others. A sixth child was thrown from a window to safety. Clark also suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

On May 23, 2007, a jury found Starks guilty of three counts of first degree murder and multiple other felonies. On July 25, 2007, the court sentenced defendant to three consecutive life sentences for murder with concurrent terms of imprisonment on the remaining offenses. On January 8, 2009, this Court affirmed Starks’ judgment of sentence on direct appeal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back