New Forensic Files

Hopeful One

Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just saw a promo for Forensic Files featuring Darlie's case. It said, "Premiers Thursday," so I'm assuming it's new. Of course, I could be wrong - but that doesn't happen too often. :angel:

Yes, it's new.

"Invisible Intruder" Darlie Routier claimed an intruder killed her two children. But when a blood spatter analyst and an FBI agent examined the crime scene, they found many inconsistencies in Darlie’s story. A police analysis of her 911 call also raised serious questions about her credibility. Is this mother a victim or a criminal herself?

shim.gif
The following forensic terms are used in this episode. For fuller definitions, click on any term.
• Blood Spatter - The impact of spilled blood on surfaces.
• Bloodstain Interpretation - The interpretation of size, shape, orientation, and distribution of bloodstains on various surfaces...
• Cast-off Blood - Blood that travels from a source due to the movement of that source.
• Cast-off Trails - The patterns that are created by cast-off blood.
• Crime Scene Staging - The attempt by a perpetrator or accomplice to alter a crime scene in order to reduce its evidentiary value.
• DNA - Deoxyrilbonucleic Acid. The genetic material contained in cells.
• DNA Profiling - The process of testing to identify DNA patterns or types.
• Evidence - Anything that has been used, left, removed, altered, or contaminated during the commission of a crime.
• Fingerprint - The unique patterns created by skin ridges found on the palm sides of fingers and thumbs.
• Forensic Science - The application of science to law and the investigation of criminal activity.
• Luminol - A chemical that is capable of detecting bloodstains diluted up to 10,000 times.

More at link:

http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/forensicfiles/episodes/40.html

And, ONCE AGAIN, I am SO MAD that my cable company doesn't carry court TV! :furious:

Are you sure it is new? There is already an Invisible Intruder episode which has been shown for years- but it was Medical Detectives. So either they are showing the old one (premiering in a new series or something), revamped the old one or it is a new one with the same name.

Whatever the case hope someone can watch it and report back.

Dani_T said:
Are you sure it is new? There is already an Invisible Intruder episode which has been shown for years- but it was Medical Detectives. So either they are showing the old one (premiering in a new series or something), revamped the old one or it is a new one with the same name.

Whatever the case hope someone can watch it and report back.

I think it's the same one Dani. We have Forensics Files on every morning here in Canada on CourtTv. It's the old Medical Detectives program from Discovery.

I'll check it out tomorrow though and find out for you. There's more than one fence sitter who fell into the guilty yard after watching this program, myself being one.

Oh, I didn't think of that. Just cuz they call it new - it might just be new to THAT show... :doh:

IrishMist said:
Oh, I didn't think of that. Just cuz they call it new - it might just be new to THAT show... :doh:

That's probably it Irish. I know they did a Mugshots on her which I have yet to see. I will check to see if I get it, if so I will tape it and make copies for those who don't get it.

cami said:
That's probably it Irish. I know they did a Mugshots on her which I have yet to see. I will check to see if I get it, if so I will tape it and make copies for those who don't get it.
I would happily send you a video tape, and pay postage if you would do that, Cami :blowkiss:

IrishMist said:
I would happily send you a video tape, and pay postage if you would do that, Cami :blowkiss:

LOl, no dear that's fine I don't want anything. I was unable to find out if it's featured here as our cable company did an upgrade on the guide this morning, LOL. I will just have to wait until tomorrow morning and see if I get it. Fingers crossed I do and then I can make you a tape. I've had this program taped more than once and have taped over it! Silly me.

You can pretty much tell it's not new because Darin is in it a lot and he's SO supportive of her. I think she has accused him since then, has she not?

IrishMist said:

Oh bad news, we did not get that program this morning. I will keep checking next week as sometimes we are a week behind you.

Kalypso said:
You can pretty much tell it's not new because Darin is in it a lot and he's SO supportive of her. I think she has accused him since then, has she not?

I don't think she's gone so far as to actually "accuse" him, but they're trying to say it without actually coming right out and doing so.

It's quiet here on the JBR forum (maybe, too quiet?)... But there is a "new" Court TV episode tonight (Thursday) at 9:00 Eastern Time reportedly dealing with the actual forensics of the Darli Routier case. You may recall that this case was mentioned by a JBR parent as an intruder case in which the Mom was "also" blamed.

Those who have seen some of the recent programs on this case may have noted a glossing over of the forensics to suggest that Routier was convicted on the basis of the silly string video. If tonight's program is in fact, as I hear, a critical assessment of the forensics as was shown in the previous "Medical Detectives" program from several years ago, you will see an entirely different perspective. It (also reportedly) has a review of the 911 call Darli made with conclusions about what was going on at the time. Strong Routier supporters will not be happy with the coverup implications, I am sure.

I'll be in place watching this one! I am tired of blame the silly string excuses. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think she's gone so far as to actually "accuse" him, but they're trying to say it without actually coming right out and doing so.
Hmmmmmm, I wonder how long that situation's going to last...

Fritzy's Mom said:
Hmmmmmm, I wonder how long that situation's going to last...

I think the more desperate she gets, the stronger the "suggestion" of his involvement will get. However, I also think that most people think that they were both involved to some extent and that while what Darlie's got to say may hurt Darin (to what degree, I don't know), but nothing she can say will save herself.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think the more desperate she gets, the stronger the "suggestion" of his involvement will get. However, I also think that most people think that they were both involved to some extent and that while what Darlie's got to say may hurt Darin (to what degree, I don't know), but nothing she can say will save herself.

Any comments on the program from anyone?

Did Dani get this program in Oz? I'd like to know what you thought of the screen fibre comparison. Since this is your baby. Looked as if they matched to me. And yes I realize it could have been manipulated for the program.

The new Forensics Files episode on the Routier case did include the earlier forensics assessments that seem to have disappeared from the recent programs promoting innocence for Darlie. For those who missed it, there is a forensics expert on blood spatter who gives a demonstration to show how the victims blood became cast off droplets on the BACK right side of her nightgown. The chilling demo shows how the blood droplets can be explained by a bloody knife in the right hand plunged repeatedly into victims and jerked back toward the shoulder as the killer stood or crouched over the victims. The data on staging was also presented.

The reason I find this of interest here is that virtually any objective person who sees the blood on the back of the nightgown, and realizes the only reasonable way it could get there, almost has to see guilt. Yet we have programs that must consciously exclude that evidence in order to proclaim innocence for Routier! In any case, it appears, you have to be very careful of assessments of the evidence as presented by those with an agenda.

cami said:
Any comments on the program from anyone?

Did Dani get this program in Oz? I'd like to know what you thought of the screen fibre comparison. Since this is your baby. Looked as if they matched to me. And yes I realize it could have been manipulated for the program.

I saw it for the first time, I taped it on my new DVR! (Fantastic!)

It was much easier for me to underrstand some of the blood spatter by seeing it demonstrated on TV. The show helped me put a bunch of terms with an actual visual----that helped me alot.

little1 said:
I saw it for the first time, I taped it on my new DVR! (Fantastic!)

It was much easier for me to underrstand some of the blood spatter by seeing it demonstrated on TV. The show helped me put a bunch of terms with an actual visual----that helped me alot.

Me too! It's actually what made me go from fence sitting to guilty. That cast-off blood just can't be explained any other way, imo. Mind you, I don't believe she would have had to been so demonstrative as they showed in the reenactment. I've tried it and you don't have to move that knife very much to have that blood fling off onto your back if you are bent over their prone/sleeping bodies. I didn't get it so I didn't get to tape it but I've seen it many many times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back