LG Hollingsworth and the stinky box

missy_g

Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on this? I haven't found much information on it, just a statement made by Narlene that LG had a stinky box that he didn't want anyone to touch. Apparently he had the box on the day that the victims were found.

To me this is so bizarre. I mean what could he have had in a box that would smell so bad?

I really wish LG would have been investigated further.

The Keystone Kops (wmpd) strike again! Why wasn't LG investigated further? How was he actually cleared, or was he? That seems to be a pervading problem with many of the supposed suspects. The wmpd say that someone is a suspect, but there is simply no evidence of how said suspects were cleared. It seems that this case generates endless questions. Hopefully, some day soon we will know the truth - but IMO it won't come from the State of Arkansas!

The Keystone Kops (wmpd) strike again! Why wasn't LG investigated further? How was he actually cleared, or was he? That seems to be a pervading problem with many of the supposed suspects. The wmpd say that someone is a suspect, but there is simply no evidence of how said suspects were cleared. It seems that this case generates endless questions. Hopefully, some day soon we will know the truth - but IMO it won't come from the State of Arkansas!

I can tell you how they were cleared. Because over the course of about 2 days, the wmpd typed up dozens of little memos that said they're clear. Solid investigatory work if you ask me. :banghead:

To me it's just so crazy that some people weren't investigated further. They were just so determined to solve this crime in the least amount of time possible (I guess to further their reputations?) that they denied involvement of people who should have truly been investigated. It's so sad and quite honestly I don't see any real information coming out any time soon. To me it seems like since the 3 were released from prison, everyone just gave up trying to find who really did it.

Oh, and this is what happens when cases get dragged on for years. Potential suspects start to die so no one will really ever know.

I haven't given up on a resolution. I'm convinced that there is still "action" occurring, but it's behind the scenes and won't be made "public" until it's rock solid. Too often in this case information has been released that was misrepresented and therefore not taken seriously by LE. This time, I'm sure that the "defense" is waiting until there is sufficient, rock-solid information so that no one can doubt its veracity and its implication, including the State of Arkansas. In short, the information to come will close this case definitively! I just hope it's soon!

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I haven't found much information on it, just a statement made by Narlene that LG had a stinky box that he didn't want anyone to touch. Apparently he had the box on the day that the victims were found.

To me this is so bizarre. I mean what could he have had in a box that would smell so bad?

I really wish LG would have been investigated further.

Possibly the missing underwear and five socks, that might have been used to mop up the crime scene ?

Possibly the missing underwear and five socks, that might have been used to mop up the crime scene ?

Good guess, but unlikely. If you were going to mop up a crime scene, it would make more sense to use the t-shirts/pants, in that you could cover a wider surface area in faster time than with socks/underwear.

Good guess, but unlikely. If you were going to mop up a crime scene, it would make more sense to use the t-shirts/pants, in that you could cover a wider surface area in faster time than with socks/underwear.

Very true! I've often thought that the socks and underwear might be trophies. It would be interesting to see where they are found - if they are ever found.

I've always been a little skeptical of the slicked/wiped down ditch bank. What was the evidence that was used to determine that the bank had in fact been cleaned that particular night?

I used to frequent a waterhole with friends when I was younger and the banks always had a clean swept looking surface from all the traffic and water that passed over it.

Is there something I've missed here?

I've always been a little skeptical of the slicked/wiped down ditch bank. What was the evidence that was used to determine that the bank had in fact been cleaned that particular night?

I used to frequent a waterhole with friends when I was younger and the banks always had a clean swept looking surface from all the traffic and water that passed over it.

I agree! There's more than one way for a bank to have a "slicked off" look.

Very true! I've often thought that the socks and underwear might be trophies. It would be interesting to see where they are found - if they are ever found.

Have you ever wondered about the fact that there was 5 shoelaces missing from the boys' shoes, and 5 socks missing from the scene (as Cher Lockhomes points out above)? There seems to be a correlation of some sort there, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

To answer this question directly (from memory), the prosecution determined that by the absence of leaves, sticks, and debris from the bank; compared to the immediate areas and other banks in the area.

I agree with you though, it was and still is a weak argument for the prosecution.

To answer this question directly (from memory), the prosecution determined that by the absence of leaves, sticks, and debris from the bank; compared to the immediate areas and other banks in the area.

I agree with you though, it was and still is a weak argument for the prosecution.

Yeah that's about as much as I thought. If this was a hangout for more than a few kids than I would expect there to be areas that are absent of debris and have a smooth compacted surface.

Yes that's a valid point.

So I don't win the "What was in the stinky box" prize. Never mind, it comforts me that no-one else can win it either. LG Hollingworth has taken the secret to his grave.

I fear that many more secrets, including the "Hobbs family secret" will dissapear into various graves eventually.

Have you ever wondered about the fact that there was 5 shoelaces missing from the boys' shoes, and 5 socks missing from the scene (as Cher Lockhomes points out above)? There seems to be a correlation of some sort there, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Yes, if we find another 5 somewhere, that would give us a "555" which could be mistaken for some kind of degenerated satanic cult. If the prosecution finds this, they could use it as evidence to put the wm3 back behind bars.

Yes, if we find another 5 somewhere, that would give us a "555" which could be mistaken for some kind of degenerated satanic cult. If the prosecution finds this, they could use it as evidence to put the wm3 back behind bars.

Hey Cher, just so there's no confusion, I didn't mean to "show you up" with my previous post (about the t-shirts) -- I was just adding my 2 cents. Sorry if you took offense.

That can't happen because of the "double jeopardy" laws in this country. Once you have been convicted or exonerated of a crime, you can't stand trial for that same crime again - even if you were guilty and confessed! At least that's the way I understand double jeopardy. Maybe an attorney can explain?

Hey Cher, just so there's no confusion, I didn't mean to "show you up" with my previous post (about the t-shirts) -- I was just adding my 2 cents. Sorry if you took offense.

That's a nice gesture. You are right, there was an element of aggression in my comment about the 5 shoelaces, 5 socks, but it was pointed in the direction of the prosecution/wmpd for their 666 allegations, not in your direction. I am quite conscience of my subconscious.

I did not feel shown up in any way. In fact I am quite capable of showing myself up (do it quite often), don't need any assistance there thank you!

I was thinking about the 5 socks, 5 shoelaces point you made, and did not realise the most obvious link, the 5th of May. So there we now have four Fives.

By the way, you can bash me anytime, I don't mind. I might bash back though!!!

Compassionate Reader:

It was a joke(sic). Something like the Gary Gitchell joke, "if you ask me how sure I am on a scale of 1 to 665, I would say 666.!!! :loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back