HI HI - David Allen Janatka, 50, Maui, 19 Feb 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
David Allen Janatka
david-allen-janatka.jpg

Missing Person: David Allen Janatka -

The Maui Search and Rescue organization has released information on an individual reported missing on Maui. According to the organization, David Allen Janatka, 50, was last seen around Feb. 19, 2014, when he took out a car rental on Maui, paying for a week of use. Family members tell the organization that when they spoke to Janatka around that day, “he seemed very anxious and exhausted because of lack of sleep.”

The rental vehicle was found the following day, abandoned on the side of the road, with one of the windows left half open, and the man’s cell phone, car keys and two pieces of luggage left within, according to Jeff Simon, director of the newly formed Maui Search and Rescue. (Editor’s note: Simon says that Maui police haven’t shared where the vehicle was located.)

http://mauinow.com/2014/03/13/missing-person-david-allen-janatka/

What is going on? People are disappearing left and right on Maui!

I know! I was just thinking that. I was in the middle of telling hubby about Mo and Charli, then I see this. How ironic.

Guess I should have read the article before posting.

Police say the rental vehicle was found at the bottom of ʻUlaʻino Road in Hāna.

This is where the car was found.

Maui police have since released information saying that Janatka is believed to be suffering from mental illness and was last seen “talking to himself and acting irrationally.”

http://mauinow.com/2014/03/13/missing-person-david-allen-janatka/

And it further said he was on Maui to find some kind of spiritual retreat.

I'm wondering if he packed and went for a walk or something and got hurt of fell into the water.

My thoughts exactly! :scared:

Did he have any known medical conditions? I always worry about someone this age being confused from low blood sugar. . .or not feeling well and wandering off looking for help. They are just old enough to have a medical emergency, but young enough to possibly not see it coming.

Geez, I hope we get more info.

My thoughts exactly! :scared:

Did he have any known medical conditions? I always worry about someone this age being confused from low blood sugar. . .or not feeling well and wandering off looking for help. They are just old enough to have a medical emergency, but young enough to possibly not see it coming.

Geez, I hope we get more info.

His family said he was suffering from some kind of mental illness.

His family said he was suffering from some kind of mental illness.

Ahh. . well there ya go.

I guess the question still is where is he? Is he wandering around lost. .. or did he self harm. :(

ETA- trying to not get a TO, but if they knew he was "suffering from some kind of mental illness", why the heck is he off wandering around alone on Maui???!!! :banghead:

Ahh. . well there ya go.

I guess the question still is where is he? Is he wandering around lost. .. or did he self harm. :(

ETA- trying to not get a TO, but if they knew he was "suffering from some a mental illness", why the heck is he off wandering around alone on Maui???!!! :banghead:

I dunno. The article said he was there on Maui from Oahu for some spiritual retreat or to commune with nature or something.

I can't find any info on the remains found in Mar 2014, nothing in NAMUS or Doe Network, no news articles. Does anyone know if they were identified?

I can't find any info on the remains found in Mar 2014, nothing in NAMUS or Doe Network, no news articles. Does anyone know if they were identified?

DayLea, the person found on March 28th, 2014, was in fact my aunt. Unfortunately, despite being filed as a missing person in 2009, she was never entered into databases by the police; a common problem. We did, however, worked with a private investigator early on and that connection eventually assisted in making the connection between this discovery and her identification.

David Allen Janatka NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance
David Janatka was reported missing by his girlfriend who had been unable to get a hold of him for several weeks. According to his girlfriend and cousin, Janatka flew to Maui to get away from everything and clear his head. Janatka last contacted his girlfriend on 02/19/2014 which was the last contact he had with anyone. Janatka's rental vehicle was found unattended at the end of Ulaino Road in Hana on 02/22/2014. Janatka's wallet, identification cards, cash, passport, suitcase, and cellular phone was found undisturbed within the vehicle. Searches conducted throughout the area did not result in locating Janatka.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back