GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #2

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Daniel is missing from Austrailia, but as it was a tourist, area, some family members suspect he may have been taken overseas.

Daniel Morcombe - MISSING, FEARED ABDUCTED

Date of Birth: 19.12.89 (now 14 years old)
Physical Description: 150cm in Height of stocky build with dark collar length hair.

Last Seen: approx 2.10pm Sunday the 7th of December 2003, Under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass on Nambour Connection Road (UBD 66L15) adjacent to the Christian Outreach Centre Woombye, Queensland .

Clothing Worn: A Red 'T' Shirt with the word "Billabong" printed on the front, dark knee length shorts, white socks and light coloured Globe shoes.

Daniel was carrying a distinctive 'fob' style Watch. It is engraved with the word "DAN".
Daniel also had a Wallet containing around $150 cash, a phone card and School ID.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP THE INVESTIGATION INTO DANIEL'S DISAPPEARANCE CONTACT CRIME STOPPERS EMAIL crimestoppers@police.qld.gov.au AT ANY TIME. INFORMATION CAN BE PROVIDED ANONYMOUSLY. CASH REWARDS MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR CERTAIN INFORMATION.

News story:

Tuesday, 16th March 2004.
Parents can assist with Daniel Morcombe case
Blue car seen parked near local school, say witnesses
THE blue car linked to the abduction of Palwoods teenager Daniel Morcombe may be
the same vehicle seen parked near a local school in the months before his December
disappearance.
Two witnesses have told police they each saw an earlymodel blue sedan parked in the
vicinity of Woombye State School before Daniel was abducted on Sunday, December 7,
from the nearby Kiel Mountain Road overpass.
Detective Inspector John Maloney was yesterday reluctant to say the car's occupants
had been ''staking out'' the area with the intention of abducting a child but said this was
a potential scenario police were investigating.
''Well, it's a possibility ... and that is why we need to identify the vehicle and eliminate it
from the investigation,'' Det Insp Maloney said.
He said investigations of the car at the centre of Daniel's abduction had dominated
police resources that could otherwise be channelled into other aspects of the
investigation.
''We need to find (the car), identify it and we need to find out why it was here.'' Police
today will wrap up a mammoth four-day doorknock of hundreds of Woombye homes.
Det Insp Maloney hoped that would bring fresh information from residents who
remembered seeing the blue car.
A mobile information booth was also set up yesterday on Pine Grove Road , about 200
m from the Woombye school.
''There may well be someone out there who has seen this car and was suspicious of it ,
parents are generally very wary (about cars near schools) , and maybe someone has
jotted down a registration number,'' Det Insp Maloney said.

Thread 1

http://www.projectjason.org

School acts on Facebook bullies as anger grows over Morcombe

'Twenty students from Springwood State High School have been disciplined . . . in relation to their involvement in an inappropriate Facebook group," he said.

The news comes after a private Brisbane boys school has been forced to suspend a senior student after Denise Morcombe confronted the college over an offensive Facebook site about her missing son.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26775616-952,00.html

Acess is still avaliable to both sites, and while hundreds have reported there is still access to it.

Seriously - The slander they used about Danile is disgusting, Suspension? I would of that somehting ALOT harsher

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40998946653&ref=ts - People in search of Daniel Morcombe

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=273443636035&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=273443636035 - " I will give Daniel Back "

A private Brisbane Boy's School. Sounds pretty expensive for some to turn out with such bad behavior.

It is; What i find most disgusting is since it's been on the news more people have joined.

It's frustrating as anything sitting back and watching these kids get off scot free. Seriously i would love to put them in a room with the family; and have them joke about the tragedy that occured to their son.

Suspension ? No way i want these kids to suffer. I don't particulary care that they are private school kids or public school. What i care about is that they have slandered a childs name; who can't defend himself.

It's still not entirely clear what happened to Daniel.

Makes me so irrationally angry that i just might hurt myself

School acts on Facebook bullies as anger grows over Morcombe

'Twenty students from Springwood State High School have been disciplined . . . in relation to their involvement in an inappropriate Facebook group," he said.

The news comes after a private Brisbane boys school has been forced to suspend a senior student after Denise Morcombe confronted the college over an offensive Facebook site about her missing son.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26775616-952,00.html

Acess is still avaliable to both sites, and while hundreds have reported there is still access to it.

Seriously - The slander they used about Danile is disgusting, Suspension? I would of that somehting ALOT harsher

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40998946653&ref=ts - People in search of Daniel Morcombe

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=273443636035&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=273443636035 - " I will give Daniel Back "

I can't even bring myself to look at the FB pages. Daniels parents have already been through more than any parent should have to endure.
ITA about a much harsher punishment. :furious:

It is; What i find most disgusting is since it's been on the news more people have joined.

It's frustrating as anything sitting back and watching these kids get off scot free. Seriously i would love to put them in a room with the family; and have them joke about the tragedy that occured to their son.Suspension ? No way i want these kids to suffer. I don't particulary care that they are private school kids or public school. What i care about is that they have slandered a childs name; who can't defend himself.

It's still not entirely clear what happened to Daniel.

Makes me so irrationally angry that i just might hurt myself

BBM- Even better would be to put them in a room with Daniels kidnapper/killer when they finally catch him.

People often say on the threads here that they have tears in their eyes after hearing some particularlly bad news, but I am beyond apalled at this. THIS could make me cry in a minute if I let myself go there. One of the sickest most inhumane things I've ever heard of. I dont care how old the "people" are that made this page. The younger they are the sadder it is, really. I am just so beyond shocked by this I cant really even articulate..

Is it just me, or has the "I will give Daniel back" FB page been taken down now?
When I click on the link it goes to my profile page.

GUILTY!

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 13s
Brett Cowan guilty of indecent treatment of a child. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 39s
Brett Cowan guilty of murder. #morcombe @abcnews

CONVICTED ON ALL THREE COUNTS: GUILTY

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 42s
Asked if he has anything to say, Cowan answers "No.". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
Cowan is being informed of his rights. Asked if he has anything to say, he replied "no". #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Cowan now standing as he's convicted of murder, indecent dealing with a child and interfering with a corpse. #morcombe @abcnews

Very emotional day for the Morcombe family. Our thoughts are with you. :grouphug:

:scale: Justice is about to be meted out.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 8s
Twenty years non parole. #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 21s
I am able to set a parole eligibility of later than 15 years, which is statutory minimum. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 22s
Justice Atkinson says she can set a non parole date more than 15 years. #morcombe

BRAVEHEARTS founder Hetty Johnston says Daniel Morcombe would still be alive today if it were not for a system that put the civil liberties of convicted sex offenders first and foremost

Ms Johnston said every Queenslander owed a massive debt to the Morcombe family.

"Every parent and every grandparent owes the Morcombe family, and Daniel, so much," she said.

"Through their pain, suffering and resilience every child in this country will be safer."

http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/daniel-would-be-alive-today-if-it-were-not-system/2198245/

Daniel Morcombe Child Safety Curriculum

The Department of Education, Training and Employment, in partnership with the Daniel Morcombe Foundation, has developed the Daniel Morcombe Child Safety Curriculum.

The curriculum consists of classroom lessons across three phases of learning: Prep - Year 2 (Early Years), Years 3 - 6 and Years 7 - 9 (Junior Secondary).

The curriculum is available to all Queensland schools and aims to teach children about personal safety and awareness, including cybersafety and phone safety, by focusing on three key safety messages: Recognise, React and Report.

The curriculum was developed in consultation with Bruce and Denise Morcombe, the Commissioner for Children and Young People and Child Guardian and representatives from the Department of Education, Training and Employment, Queensland Police Service, and the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services, as well as experts in child safety education.

http://education.qld.gov.au/parents/school-life/child-safety-curriculum.html

BREAKING NEWS:

Just heard on Channel 7 two News that the QLD Attorney General is reviewing the minimum sentencing available to Justice Atkinson for COWAN amid protests from public, social media, Bravehearts, Police and community. I think they are finally getting the message. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back