GUILTY PA - Shannon Berthiaume rammed van into Philadelphia school, 2005

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA — A woman apparently upset over the treatment of her children by other students rammed her minivan into the front of the Huey Elementary School (search) in West Philadelphia this morning.

No children were injured, but a bus attendant standing inside the school was slightly injured when the van with the woman and three children crashed into the front door of the school, about 50 feet from the street.

There was no major damage to the vehicle or the school building and little more than a bumper mark on the door of the school.

School officials say the woman had been complaining that her children were being picked on by other students since being transferred to Huey Elementary in December.

Investigators say they found signs in the van protesting the children's treatment. Authorities say the woman had threatened to drive into the school on Monday, but police were notified and an incident was averted then...........http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157545,00.html

I swear it wasn't me!

Seriously though, how awful to risk killing someone like that, maybe even your own kids. Nice role model MOM :doh:

angrymom said:
I swear it wasn't me!

Seriously though, how awful to risk killing someone like that, maybe even your own kids. Nice role model MOM :doh:

Not condoning what she did, but there have been times............

I wonder if her defense will be that she was being picked on. Could her behavior be an indicator of her child's behavior?

IN THE PICTURES that fourth-grader Destiny drew about her life at school, the little girl with a long ponytail labeled "me" always has tears streaming down her face.

"I am afrade to go to Huey School," she wrote in a note her mother found in her bookbag.

In one picture, the girl with the ponytail is surrounded by other children who have their arms stretched out as if hitting the girl in the center.

In a note, the 9-year-old wrote: "Dear Mom, Can you help? I wish you can get help. Help us Mom. I am sad and afrade."

For six months, said Shannon Berthiaume (the pronunciation rhymes with perfume), her three children came home from school with almost daily accounts of having been taunted with racial remarks like "whitey," "white girl," or "white boy," or having been punched, scratched or spat upon

Berthiaume says she called DHS to report that her kids were being abused at school. She said the DHS worker told her the agency could not investigate complaints against a school.

She says she's gotten calls from the American Civil Liberties Union, the Education Law Center and a mental-health organization because she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and has a bipolar disorder.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/11881362.htm

October 2010:

SHANNON BERTHIAUME knows she did something stupid, something she can’t take back.

In a fit of frustration, the mother of three drove her minivan into a West Philadelphia elementary school in 2005 to protest the escalating racial bullying her kids had suffered there.

Although no one was seriously injured and the only damage was a scratch on the school door, Berthiaume was arrested and sentenced to a year of probation...

Social workers from the city’s Department of Human Services took her kids away and kept them, pingponging between foster homes, for a year and a half.

When Berthiaume got them back, all three had been sexually molested in their foster homes, she said....

At one home, Berthiaume’s daughter said, a foster parent choked and threatened her after wrongly assuming she scratched a foster baby in the home.

Worst was the teenage boy in one home who pinned her down and fondled her as she struggled to escape in May 2006. She was 10 years old. She and Berthiaume sued DHS for the incident and won a $25,000 settlement from the city and its subcontracted provider in which DHS admitted no fault, DHS records show.

In infrequent phone calls and supervised visits, Berthiaume learned of her kids’ struggles in foster care and worked hard to get them back.

http://www.everymothernetwork.net/avalanche-of-anguish/

I am the real Shannon Berthiaume and this philadelphia Phuckerey at its best for 13 years i been dealing with this city i was new to this city and state and i did lock my children in my van but i PARKED infront of school not crashed false info ...2 i did what i did because my children were abused and i reached out to city only for it to have failed my children and i that the government bound to protect my children placed them at a greater risk that my 2 boys raped and daughter sexually assaulted there is more to uncover than that of what you read or find what whole story still going thru it 2005 to present day ....shamookie@gmail.com

I wonder if her defense will be that she was being picked on. Could her behavior be an indicator of her child's behavior?
I dont think so my children were bullied for 6 months that it stemmed over to my residence nothing was done no clusters help no city police help no school officials help nothing but I PARKED not crashed look at the photo in the daily news but hear crash and take that based on what ?????oh yes Shannon Berthiaume here and i believe i have that right to defend myself and my children if I am being discussed ty

PHILADELPHIA — A woman apparently upset over the treatment of her children by other students rammed her minivan into the front of the Huey Elementary School (search) in West Philadelphia this morning.

No children were injured, but a bus attendant standing inside the school was slightly injured when the van with the woman and three children crashed into the front door of the school, about 50 feet from the street.

There was no major damage to the vehicle or the school building and little more than a bumper mark on the door of the school.

School officials say the woman had been complaining that her children were being picked on by other students since being transferred to Huey Elementary in December.

Investigators say they found signs in the van protesting the children's treatment. Authorities say the woman had threatened to drive into the school on Monday, but police were notified and an incident was averted then...........http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157545,00.html

Shannon Berthiaume here yes and i PARKED not crashed 2. My 8 year old son was sexually assalted in school bathroom and i used my van as a shelter because i and my children being white being bullied by an all black school. 13 years i been fighting this back and forth with dhs courts etc shamookie@gmail.com real story not just what ya hear out there but no one goes to the horses mouth no more all hear say but ok

Not condoning what she did, but there have been times............
Yes it was me but i did not crash nor ram my van I PARKED ....racial abuse all black school and new to city and state and called city numbers no help ...

You "parked" your van into a school full of kids?

I got called the n word across the street from my house. Can I "park" my car into theirs?

You are delusional and guilty. Your kids are probably just as racist as you are.

For shame.

Anyone justifying this - are we about vigilante justice here? Even if the allegations are true, did the bus attendant abuse the children? There were innocent kids and teachers there. This woman let her anger cloud her judgment. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt. But if anyone had died she would deserve every single year she had coming to her.

Shanzee you most certainly cannot take this back. I am sorry for what happened to your children. But "parking" your car into an elementary school did nothing to resolve it and on fact made the situation worse for your kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back