GUILTY NY - Peggy Nadell, 81, Valley Cottage, 24 Jan 2014

Curious Cathy

Reaction score
Well-liked, Community Activist, Peggy Nadell, 81, was found, by her daughter, with a fatal knife wound(s) on Saturday, January 25, 2014, at her home in Valley Cottage, NY. They estimate she was killed sometime between Friday, January 24th - Saturday, January 25th. No sign of forced entry. Initial police report was that her daughter called 911 to report that her mother "fell on a knife." Declared a murder due to traumatic injuries. No arrest yet, but many assurances from the police updates that it was an isolated incident and carried out by someone Peggy knew. They have assured the public that there is no murderer on the loose in Valley Cottage. Peggy Nadell's assets have been frozen.

http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2014/02/01/cops-says-daughter-is-non-cooperative-in-nadell-murder-case/

www.empirestatenews.net/News2014/20140127-2.htm

Declared homicide but there is no murderer on the loose? *confused*

The way the first article is worded, it heavily implicates the daughter. She called it in as her mom falling on a knife. No evidence of forced entry which indicates she knew the person in her house.

However, the same article said she was an activist. Is it possible she let someone in her house she thought she was helping and turned out horribly wrong?

Declared homicide but there is no murderer on the loose? *confused*

Very confused as to why they have not made an arrest. If you look up articles on the murder, you will find that the daughter and son-in-law have hired prominent attorneys and stopped talking to police after the initial interview on the day of the murder. There are also charges being brought against a local judge, Howard Gerber, who the police chief says tipped the daughter off to a search warrant of the couples house and vehicles. It seems like the police know who murdered this woman. Very strange.

The way the first article is worded, it heavily implicates the daughter. She called it in as her mom falling on a knife. No evidence of forced entry which indicates she knew the person in her house.

However, the same article said she was an activist. Is it possible she let someone in her house she thought she was helping and turned out horribly wrong?

All avenues should be looked at. I agree. Problem is, the daughter was closest to her and has stopped talking. The neighbors loved this woman. When her friends found out she was 81, they were surprised because she was so youthful and active. The woman had 2 children, but her house was co-owned with only the daughter, who has no children and lives close by. The son lives in Florida with his wife and children. They estimated the estate to be worth $700,000 and change. I originally thought the daughter was protecting someone, but then found out she had no children. No one has come forward, as far as I know, to say this woman had unsavory friends. And her activism was for Keeping Rockland Beautiful. Seems like they can not delve any deeper due to the daughter lawyering up and ending the questioning.

archive.lohud.com/.../Valley-Cottage-slaying-victim-Peggy-Nadell - check out all the LOHUD articles

Dude. insanity. 81? omg. this pissed me off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I would have slapped the cuffs on right after the "falling on a knife" claim. Something rotten here.

The chief of police said that Judge Gerber put his detectives in danger by informing Nadell's daughter about the search warrant. Are these people connected to people the police are afraid of?

ok, so it won't be long before they arrest her - whether she or her husband did it, she'd be smart to just confess now and try to get a bit of lenience - she's going down at some point anyway

that judge put his entire career and life and family on the line for what? what do they have on him? or how is he involved with them?

there's some interesting FB profiles connected to this case

there's some interesting FB profiles connected to this case

The first thing I did was to check out the Facebook profiles. I agree. On the husband's there is a post back in November, 2013 where he is complaining that no one is giving him help when he needs it after he helped out other people. I took as a sign that there was some living above means and financial problems.

There is also a video on his profile at about the same time where you can hear the daughter talking in the background in a very belittling manor to the mother about an appointment she has to keep. The tone is very rude.

Forget the daughter's profile. She has some really odd pictures and a whole lot of nasty rhetoric about local cases in the news.

ok, so it won't be long before they arrest her - whether she or her husband did it, she'd be smart to just confess now and try to get a bit of lenience - she's going down at some point anyway

that judge put his entire career and life and family on the line for what? what do they have on him? or how is he involved with them?

Nearly two months have passed though. I figured they were pressuring her to turn herself in with the news releases to save money on a lengthy trial with all the reasonable doubt she created by pulling the knife from her Mother's body. As for the judge, he is a family friend. Does seem crazy that he would put his career in peril for this woman but from the comments on the articles, it appears as though there is a lot of corruption in Rockland County. He probably thought nothing of it when he did it, and was shocked that the police called him on the carpet about it.

I am quite surprised that this case has gone cold and that justice will not be served for this woman. Does anyone have some inside information as to why the Clarkstown police dropped the investigation and did not make an arrest when the suspects are narrowed down to those who had access to enter Ms. Nadell's house? I can't believe a neighbor did not see a car in the driveway during the period in question other than the daughter's or maybe they did. Either way, someone ended this woman's life and got away with it.

Update: Peggy Nadell's daughter-in-law, Dianna Martin Nadell and a friend of hers were arrested in Florida for the murder.

Where did they pop up from? I haven't seen mention of a daughter-in-law and who is the friend? Male or female? where is the husband of daughter in law?

The daughter-in-law, 50 years old and 3 accomplices (all women half her age from DC and California) conspiritors. I suspect more arrests. Why did the daughter clam up early on. There is more to this I am sure. The son, James lives with his wife and 2 children in Florida. His wife is charged with the murder.

There was only one beneficiary - the daughter. The police have not cleared her yet. I think Diana is going to be singing like a bird once she arrives in Rockland County. Why would she orchestrate this money making scheme on a last will and testament that her husband was not included on? She had no rights to the inheritance or life policies and neither did her husband. I think someone else masterminded it. There will be more arrests.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back