Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking news

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.

The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26492748

I'm praying the plane is found and people on the plane survive.

Thread #1
[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237547]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237716]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237792]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237900]Thread #5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238022]Thread #6[/ame]

Continue discussion here...

guidelines for posting:
*post in a civil manner
*stay on topic
*be respectful of the passengers' families- no sleuthing of crew or passengers is allowed
*post only msm tweets and articles with links
*other forum links are not allowed
* for copyright compliance only 10% of an article is allowed to be posted

Take a moment to read the guidelines and thank this post to indicate you understand.

It was reported that the satellite analysis from the engine showed it went from 45,000 ft to 23,000ft in 1 minute
That is a fast decline

But have they confirmed that the plane did indeed climb to 45,000 ft..I heard from experts that the information is not accurate.

PS Steely
I was laughing so much at your use of the slapping folding chair in the middle of the night posts...glad it was not directed to me LOL

BBM

What's that supposed to mean!! :stormingmad:

:giggle:

I missed that.. thank you!

so at 45,000 the decompression in the cabin does not "work"? most likely the pressure alone would knock them out I suppose if that is the case.

The drop to 23k then was most likely their way of evading pings.

wonder if they checked out the fuel people/questioned them to see if the plane had more fuel than was initially reported. First reports said they could only fly for six hours on what they had heavy.

IIRC, they said the pilot can depressurize the cabin from the cockpit. Also, that it would kill all of the people on board. This would explain why some people's calls were going through, but not picked up.

Bringing this over:

taking control of all the people on that plane would take a large number of people.. not just some cockpit takeover. They would have to somehow subdue all the passengers and take all their electronic devices. :twocents: just my thoughts here

There was a discussion earlier, about a potential way to instantly subdue ALL of the passengers. When the plane elevated to 45000 feet, the passengers would need their air masks. Those masks could have been tampered with, which would potentially disable and then kill all of the passengers.

This is REALLY chilling and a bit creepy... but here is the explanation for this.

The pilot (or whoever is flying the plane) has control over the oxygen in the cabin.
They can turn it off... basically causing a decompression. They could do it before anyone had time to react. :scared:

They could have flown up to 45,000 feet... turned off the oxygen and killed everyone within minutes.
Especially if they flew a bit erratically and made it difficult to put on masks. They'd lose consciousness fast.

The masks that drop down are only meant to allow time to descend (10-15 minutes.)
They could have used the *advertiser censored* pit oxygen (90 minutes total in the *advertiser censored* pit) while they did this.
Then dropped back down, turned the oxygenation back on and not had anyone to fight them. :twocents:

The cabin pressure is generally done automatically but there is an option to do it manually.
All a pilot has to do is not turn that on, or turn it off and put their own oxygen mask on... and everyone else will die. :scared:

(Also flying to 45,000 feet may have caused the engines to stop.
They'd have to dive to 25,000 or below to start them again.
That's another possible explanation for the plane dropping that low that fast.)

In the Helios Flight 522 this is essentially what happened except it wasn't intentional so the pilots died too.

The cabin pressure was set to manual from maintenance the day before and the pilots did not realize it.
When they started climbing people couldn't breathe and the oxygen masks dropped.
The pilots did not know the oxygen masks had dropped and kept climbing.
Then they misunderstood all the alarms that were going off... and lost consciousness before they figured it out.
There was also 3 hours of extra oxygen (separate from passengers and *advertiser censored* pit) on the Helios Flight.

That flight flew on auto pilot until it ran out of gas and crashed.
(There is a documentary on youtube about it if anyone wants to watch it.)

If the cabin was depressurized at that altitude, would it kill people instantly?

If not, it takes at least 5 minutes to die from oxygen deprivation, probably more. And if some passengers were able to use the masks, add that time on. Were they at such an altitude long enough?

They would still die at lower altitudes, they didn't have to stay at 45,000 feet the whole time.
Honestly it would make sense to disable the oxygen in the cabin and put your own oxygen masks on.
Then climb then descend quickly to make it hard for them to put on their masks.

In Helios 522 it was 18,000 feet when the cabin masks dropped and the flight leveled off (auto pilot) at 34,000.
The pilots were unconscious without their oxygen on before they even hit 34,000 feet. :twocents:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522"]Helios Airways Flight 522 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Continue discussion here...

guidelines for posting:
*post in a civil manner
*stay on topic
*be respectful of the passengers' families- no sleuthing of crew or passengers is allowed
*post only msm tweets and articles with links
*other forum links are not allowed
* for copyright compliance only 10% of an article is allowed to be posted

Take a moment to read the guidelines and thank this post to indicate you understand.

Understood. :blushing:

Do you think there's a chance that the Malaysian president knows more than he's letting on when he refuses to confirm a hijacking? If it was coordinated by the pilot it wouldn't be a hijacking. While he has confirmed that deliberate actions took the plane off course, but clearly says that it isn't necessarily a hijacking, is he perhaps hinting that he knows the pilot is involved?

Over a week has passed. If this plane had crashed into the sea, surely something would have been seen by now? Unless it crashed intact and literally sank to the bottom then there would be some sort of debris floating somewhere. There are loads of ships and aircraft all out searching, and yeah, I know the sea is pretty big but I just don't believe that satellites/subs/planes wouldn't have seen SOMETHING this far into the search.

This might be a really daft question, but last summer the kids and I spent many an evening watching the International Space Station flying over us, if I recall correctly they could do a lap around the world (at UK latitude) in about an hour as some nights we saw it twice. So.. daft question maybe, but could the ISS have been deployed to go and have a look over the Indian Ocean??

NEW DAILY MAIL ARTICLE

Police are investigating the possibility that the pilot of missing Flight MH370 hijacked his own aircraft in a bizarre political protest.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was an ‘obsessive’ supporter of Malaysia’s opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim. And hours before the doomed flight left Kuala Lumpur it is understood 53-year-old Shah attended a controversial trial in which Ibrahim was jailed for five years.

Campaigners say the politician, the key challenger to Malaysia’s ruling party, was the victim of a long-running smear campaign and had faced trumped-up charges.

Police sources have confirmed that Shah was a vocal political activist – and fear that the court decision left him profoundly upset.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...opposition-leader-sodomite.html#ixzz2w4j4YV00

NEW DAILY MIRROR ARTICLE

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was a fervent supporter of his country's opposition leader who was jailed for homosexuality - illegal in Malaysia - only hours before flight MH370 vanished with 239 passengers and crew on board, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

And in a new twist, it emerged that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-fears-over-3247649#ixzz2w4jQtge8

I find it interesting the pilot's wife and children moved out the day before this happened it seems the pilot may have been suffering a personal crisis.

Do you think there's a chance that the Malaysian president knows more than he's letting on when he refuses to confirm a hijacking? If it was coordinated by the pilot it wouldn't be a hijacking. While he has confirmed that deliberate actions took the plane off course, but clearly says that it isn't necessarily a hijacking, is he perhaps hinting that he knows the pilot is involved?

Yes, it could be a "one of our own" cases here. And they want to make sure they cross their T's and dot their I's before either admitting to or releasing the information.

Ok, can someone tell me how the flight is programmed in and if it can be altered once off the ground?

This is why I am thinking there a group involved here.

NEW DAILY MAIL ARTICLE

Police are investigating the possibility that the pilot of missing Flight MH370 hijacked his own aircraft in a bizarre political protest.

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was an ‘obsessive’ supporter of Malaysia’s opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim. And hours before the doomed flight left Kuala Lumpur it is understood 53-year-old Shah attended a controversial trial in which Ibrahim was jailed for five years.

Campaigners say the politician, the key challenger to Malaysia’s ruling party, was the victim of a long-running smear campaign and had faced trumped-up charges.

Police sources have confirmed that Shah was a vocal political activist – and fear that the court decision left him profoundly upset.

<respectfully snipped>

I find it interesting the pilot's wife and children moved out the day before this happened it seems the pilot may have been suffering a personal crisis.

BBM ~ Yes, this certainly does not sound like a coincidence.

I guess this pilot suicide not been ruled out and it is technically a "deliberate action".

.......... And in a new twist, it emerged that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-fears-over-3247649#ixzz2w4jQtge8

Well, if true, it would suggest he might not have been in a good state of mind..... I really hope it wasn't pilot suicide, that would be one hell of a selfish way to go about it, taking 238 people with you. The Mirror newspaper is a tabloid and not to be entirely trusted. Oh I don't know, anything is possible.

I hope I am not asking a redundant question and not quite sure how to word it....if we know from what they have told us about how much fuel the plane had....do we know if there is/was a reserve tank on that plane? If so, and the "hijackers" or whatever knew the amount needed to fly to the planes destination, how would the hijacker know if there is/was any reserve on board? TIA to anyone that might can answer.

And how would a highjacker know the amount in a reserve tank.

Doomed airliner pilot was political fanatic: Hours before taking control of flight MH370 he attended trial of jailed opposition leader as FBI reveal passengers could be at a secret location

snipped
Police sources have confirmed that Shah was a vocal political activist – and fear that the court decision left him profoundly upset. It was against this background that, seven hours later, he took control of a Boeing 777-200 bound for Beijing and carrying 238 passengers and crew.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-trial-jailed-opposition-leader-sodomite.html

And in a new twist, it emerged that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

snipped for space

Everything else I've seen says they didn't "move out" as in leaving him.
The Pilot and his family had TWO houses.
The wife and kids merely went to stay at the other one.
I don't find that unusual at all personally. (I'm not rich, but I understand some people are.)

I saw the report of moving into their second house here, but the website is having issues right now.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/

I believe this site is slightly more reputable than The Mirror but I could be wrong.

NEW DAILY MAIL ARTICLE

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was an &#8216;obsessive&#8217; supporter of Malaysia&#8217;s opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim. And hours before the doomed flight left Kuala Lumpur it is understood 53-year-old Shah attended a controversial trial in which Ibrahim was jailed for five years.

Campaigners say the politician, the key challenger to Malaysia&#8217;s ruling party, was the victim of a long-running smear campaign and had faced trumped-up charges.

Police sources have confirmed that Shah was a vocal political activist &#8211; and fear that the court decision left him profoundly upset.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...opposition-leader-sodomite.html#ixzz2w4j4YV00

NEW DAILY MIRROR ARTICLE

Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was a fervent supporter of his country's opposition leader who was jailed for homosexuality - illegal in Malaysia - only hours before flight MH370 vanished with 239 passengers and crew on board, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

Re the wife and children - weren't his 3 children grown? He has grandchildren - were they all living together in one house? I have read that he lived in a gated community but I haven't read who lived there.

Editing to add:

On Saturday, a police van with a large contingent of officers inside passed through a security gate at the entrance to the luxury compound where Shah, a father-of-three, lives with his wife Faisa.

http://m.smh.com.au/world/terror-in...-pilot-zaharie-ahmad-shah-20140315-34u3n.html

I am reluctant to believe the information about his family leaving him unless a more reputable source confirms it. I take everything from the DM with a bucket of salt.

Ok, can someone tell me how the flight is programmed in and if it can be altered once off the ground?

This is why I am thinking there a group involved here.

I do not know the answer for planes, but if it is digital it can be. Anything we do that is digital can be tampered with from anywhere in the world. Someone from any place in the world can tap into your phone, computer, television, car, whatever, from any distance in the world, or beyond, and take control of those devices.

I love the overhead pictures of stuff on the water in these threads;

reallybigship_zpsbe0a9397.jpg

Wrt the transponder being turned off by someone other than the pilots:

The transponder of MH370 was switched off around the time analysts said it would have reached its cruising altitude, when pilots often emerge to take a bathroom or coffee break.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/20...alaysia-pilots-home?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=pos2

(But surely he would have noticed after he returned to the cockpit?)

According to CNN, within the last few minutes, the ACAR (sp?) system has to be turned off somewhere other than the cockpit, the transponder is right there on the dashboard, AND- both systems were turned out before "alright, goodnight".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth