NH NH - Debra Horn, 11, Allenstown, 29 Jan 1969

scriptgirl

Reaction score
This girl was home sick and was abducted from there.

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2012/02/child-killer-in-new-hampshire.html

After four decades, Debra Lee Horn murder case is unsolved
by Robert A. Waters

On the morning of January 29, 1969, in Allenstown, New Hampshire, eleven-year-old Debra Lee Horn walked up the driveway toward her school bus stop. Before she reached it, however, she slipped on the ice and fell. Helped by her brother, she returned to her house and told her parents she’d hurt her neck. She asked to stay home that day and they reluctantly agreed. Her father later said he thought she wasn’t really hurt but just wanted to skip school.

Debra's brother went back out to catch the bus and both her parents left to go to work. The last time they saw Debra, described as a “frail, brown-eyed girl with a pixie haircut,” she was lying on the couch with a blanket covering her.

Her parents returned home at noon to find the front door wide-open. An Associated Press article reported: “Debra’s coat and boots were in place and the blanket was tossed on the couch. She was gone. Her two pet poodles, who would have trailed along behind her, were in the house.”

<modsnip>

Decades passed. A few years ago, the New Hampshire Department of Justice created a website to publicize cold cases. Debra Horn's unsolved murder is included.

Who abducted Debra Lee Horn from her home in icy Allenstown, New Hampshire? My guess is that it was a crime of opportunity, a random act by someone who came to the door. Maybe a salesman, or a friend of the family. Finding the child alone, he kidnapped, raped, and murdered her.

Unless some unknown clue surfaces or someone confesses, this random killer got away with cold-blooded murder.

I wonder if they've ever checked DNA on evidence they collected, say in the past 10 years or so? (I'm sure I owned that same outfit at one point)

Someone said on another site that Robert Breest may have taken her-he was working construction practically next door.

More on Breest:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130605/NEWS03/130609702&template=mobileart

Robert George Breest Jr. was already a suspect in two New Hampshire murders when the frozen body of 18-year-old Susan Randall was found on the iced-over Merrimack River in Concord on March 2, 1971...

And investigators were looking at Breest as a possible suspect in the disappearance on Jan. 29, 1969, of an 11-year-old Allenstown girl. Debbie Horn had started off to school on a cold day on Jan. 29, 1969, but when she slipped on some ice and injured herself, she went back home... It was the last time anyone saw Debbie alive. Several days later, two young boys discovered her nude body stuffed in a trunk of an abandoned car in Sandown...

Neither Breest nor anyone else was ever charged in either Blakeslee's or Horn's murder, but police talked to Breest about them, as well as about the killing of two other young children in Massachusetts and Maine.

I wonder if there is a connection to the 3 found in barrels at 2 different times.... all found feet from each other

[h=1]New Hampshire unsolved case file: Luella Blakeslee[/h]
Luella Blakeslee, a 29-year-old teacher living in Hooksett, was last seen alive on July 4, 1969.
Blakeslee left her home on the evening of July 4, 1969, to go on a date with her boyfriend at the time, Robert Breest, a local carpenter and handyman. Their off-and-on relationship was described as volatile.
The New Hampshire Attorney General's Office has named Breest a suspect in the case.

Breest, who is now in his 70s, was convicted in the 1971 murder of Susan Randall. He is still in prison, but has been fighting to have his conviction overturned because of recent DNA testing.

Breest has also been suspected in the disappearance of 11-year-old Debra Horn, who disappeared in January 1969. Blakeslee was Horn's English tutor.

http://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampshire-unsolved-case-file-luella-blakeslee/13969474

ScriptGirl "Someone said on another site that Robert Breest may have taken her-he was working construction practically next door."

Gregjrichards link states : ""Breest has also been suspected in the disappearance of 11-year-old Debra Horn, who disappeared in January 1969. Blakeslee was Horn's English tutor.""

Luella Blakeslee was his girlfriend She disappeared in July 1969, Her skeletal remains were found in a shallow grave in Hopkinton on May 9, 1998

Believe He lived or had a place not far from where Debbie lived . Debbie lived on Martinson road and Breest may have lived 5.6 miles away or so on from it looks like 1967 to October 1969

This source states he did live in Hooksett :

Attachments

• 1972-May16th-Extradition-Hooksett.PNG
    1972-May16th-Extradition-Hooksett.PNG
    129.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So this perps mode of operation is to beat his victims about the head and neck. Those had to be some horrific blows to cause death. His hands had to have had cuts and bruises afterward. When LE spoke to him, did they note any visible injuries? I hope they do the DNA from him so it can be compared to these victims or their remaining family members.

So this perps mode of operation is to beat his victims about the head and neck. Those had to be some horrific blows to cause death. His hands had to have had cuts and bruises afterward. When LE spoke to him, did they note any visible injuries? I hope they do the DNA from him so it can be compared to these victims or their remaining family members.

He was convicted of another murder. NH cold case unit suspects he may be involved in two other murders. I believe Debbie Horn and Luella Blakeslee

Convicted N.H. Killer Asking For New Trial 42 Years Later

By PAIGE SUTHERLAND MAY 19, 2015 1. 1. Convicted N.H. Killer Asking For New Trial 42 Years Later

If he is guilty of all these crimes. I wonder if he may also be responsible for other crimes . Maybe if he is guilty he might give a death bed confession.

Last edited:
This girl was home sick and was abducted from there.

Kidnapping, Murder, and Mayhem: Child Killer in New Hampshire

After four decades, Debra Lee Horn murder case is unsolved
by Robert A. Waters

On the morning of January 29, 1969, in Allenstown, New Hampshire, eleven-year-old Debra Lee Horn walked up the driveway toward her school bus stop. Before she reached it, however, she slipped on the ice and fell. Helped by her brother, she returned to her house and told her parents she&#8217;d hurt her neck. She asked to stay home that day and they reluctantly agreed. Her father later said he thought she wasn&#8217;t really hurt but just wanted to skip school.

Debra's brother went back out to catch the bus and both her parents left to go to work. The last time they saw Debra, described as a &#8220;frail, brown-eyed girl with a pixie haircut,&#8221; she was lying on the couch with a blanket covering her.

Her parents returned home at noon to find the front door wide-open. An Associated Press article reported: &#8220;Debra&#8217;s coat and boots were in place and the blanket was tossed on the couch. She was gone. Her two pet poodles, who would have trailed along behind her, were in the house.&#8221;

<modsnip>

Decades passed. A few years ago, the New Hampshire Department of Justice created a website to publicize cold cases. Debra Horn's unsolved murder is included.

Who abducted Debra Lee Horn from her home in icy Allenstown, New Hampshire? My guess is that it was a crime of opportunity, a random act by someone who came to the door. Maybe a salesman, or a friend of the family. Finding the child alone, he kidnapped, raped, and murdered her.

Unless some unknown clue surfaces or someone confesses, this random killer got away with cold-blooded murder.

The Debra Horn case has haunted me since I was a young woman. Knowing how old the case now is, I worry that her murder may go unsolved. I've heard that her father lives somewhere in Florida. Also, have any former 'suspects' been interviewed since DNA became available? The clock is ticking ... these people will soon be dying from old age.

found this article peculiar. Could there be a connection to Sandown NH. Debbie Horn 1969 , Sandra Valade 1960 .

Attachments

• image_2021-08-16_070937.png
    image_2021-08-16_070937.png
    279.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Feb18th-ShoeFound-Sandown.pdf
    454.1 KB · Views: 8
debra_horn.jpg

Debra Horn

The 1969 unsolved homicide of Debra Horn.

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1969
City/Town: Sandown

Summary:
Debra Horn was eleven years old when she disappeared from her home in Allenstown, NH on January 29, 1969. Some teenagers found Debra's badly decomposed body in the trunk of an abandoned car in Sandown, NH on August 10, 1969.

LINK:
Debra Horn | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice

debra_horn.jpg

Debra Horn

The 1969 unsolved homicide of Debra Horn.

Year of Death or Disappearance: 1969
City/Town: Sandown

Summary:
Debra Horn was eleven years old when she disappeared from her home in Allenstown, NH on January 29, 1969. Some teenagers found Debra's badly decomposed body in the trunk of an abandoned car in Sandown, NH on August 10, 1969.

LINK:
Debra Horn | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice

I did not know the Horn family, but I did know some of their relatives. This case has haunted me for many years. Debra would now be 63-64 years old. She and my nephew were the same age when she was murdered. I just have had such strong feelings that the person who killed her knew her well. She was in the perfect age brackett for pedaphiles. I personally do not believe her murder was at all connected to the previously mentioned murders in earlier posts. I believe that the man who killed her was very fond of her and that is why he placed her body in the car instead of just leaving her body in a field. Her father may still be alive and in his 80s. The last I heard, he was in Florida. People who were 'suspects' or were interviewed may also still be living ... in their 80s.The clock is ticking, and Debra needs justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back