GUILTY Australia - Alexis Jeffery, 24, murdered, Goondiwindi, Qld, 16 March 2014

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Suspicious death, Goondiwindi

March 17, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Police investigating the death of 24-year-old Alexis Jeffery of Goondiwindi are appealing for anyone with information into Ms Jeffery’s movements between Saturday night, March 15 and Sunday morning, March 16 to contact them.

Ms Jeffery was last seen in the Goondiwindi CBD area at approximately 3.30am on Sunday morning.

Ms Jeffery’s death is being treated as suspicious and police investigations are continuing

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014/03/17/update-2-suspicious-death-goondiwindi/

Another young life lost :( kids left with no mother :(
Just tragic...

March 18, 2014

POLICE believe the young mother whose partially clothed body was found on the banks of a river southwest of Brisbane on Sunday was attacked.

Regional crime coordinator for southern region Detective Superintendent Dave Isherwood told media that Alexis Jeffery was last seen alone in a park, walking towards the pathway to the Goondiwindi cultural centre between 3am and 3.30am Sunday.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...day-was-attacked/story-fnii5v6w-1226858143526

As someone who has read a lot of true crime - as would have every WSer, I'm sure - it COMPLETELY freaks me out when I read a sentence like the one I've bolded below:

Regional crime coordinator for southern region Detective Superintendent Dave Isherwood told media that Alexis Jeffery was last seen alone in a park, walking towards the pathway to the Goondiwindi cultural centre between 3am and 3.30am Sunday.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...day-was-attacked/story-fnii5v6w-1226858143526

That's precisely the kind of opportunity a nutter is waiting for - a woman walking alone late at night.

Poor Alexis. I so hope they find who did this :please:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iver-goondiwindi/story-fnihsrf2-1226858549553

THREE young boys have been left without a mother after her body was discovered on the banks of the Macintyre River in Goondiwindi on Sunday morning.

Alexis Jeffery’s former partner and father of her children, Jade Crotty, was yesterday grappling with the loss of the “outgoing” woman and said her boys, aged one to four, were unaware of their mother’s death.

“They don’t know. I didn’t want them to know, just yet,” he said.

Thank goodness they've got their dad... heartbreaking :-(

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iver-goondiwindi/story-fnihsrf2-1226858549553

THREE young boys have been left without a mother after her body was discovered on the banks of the Macintyre River in Goondiwindi on Sunday morning.

Alexis Jeffery’s former partner and father of her children, Jade Crotty, was yesterday grappling with the loss of the “outgoing” woman and said her boys, aged one to four, were unaware of their mother’s death.

“They don’t know. I didn’t want them to know, just yet,” he said.

Isis, could you please share your thoughts with us in the last sentence?
It makes me sad to think that their Mum is gone but they have no idea. I mean, I'm glad they're not suffering, but they're just delaying the inevitable. Is that wise? Not that I want to judge, they're doing the best they can in trying times.

Isis, could you please share your thoughts with us in the last sentence?
It makes me sad to think that their Mum is gone but they have no idea. I mean, I'm glad they're not suffering, but they're just delaying the inevitable. Is that wise? Not that I want to judge, they're doing the best they can in trying times.

Hi Humdinger :seeya:

Whilst I understand why the father hasn't told them - and he's done it because he genuinely believes he is protecting them for as long as possible from pain I think - it's not something I personally would recommend.

I don't advocate lying to children or concealing major family issues like a death. Firstly, all children are highly intuitive and being so young, they would all be so strongly connected emotionally to their mother. I think they'd feel that something was up, even if it wasn't spoken.

And the other issue is - if they're not told she's passed over, what have they been told? What is their understanding of where their mum is? Because you don't want them to think that mum's just taken off and not returned. Children always blame themselves and that could easily be turned into "I was naughty so mum's left me" or "I'm not important to mum".

If it were my client, I'd strongly encourage him to speak to the children as soon as possible. They're only little and it should be done in an appropriate way for the family, eg. Mum's gone up to be with the angels now but she's always looking after you, but I think they definitely need to know.

Otherwise they'll also be confused by all the grief surrounding them - children are particularly perceptive of the emotional climate in a family.

MOO :twocents:

Whilst I understand why the father hasn't told them - and he's done it because he genuinely believes he is protecting them for as long as possible from pain I think - it's not something I personally would recommend.

I don't advocate lying to children or concealing major family issues like a death. Firstly, all children are highly intuitive and being so young, they would all be so strongly connected emotionally to their mother. I think they'd feel that something was up, even if it wasn't spoken.

And the other issue is - if they're not told she's passed over, what have they been told? What is their understanding of where their mum is? Because you don't want them to think that mum's just taken off and not returned. Children always blame themselves and that could easily be turned into "I was naughty so mum's left me" or "I'm not important to mum".

If it were my client, I'd strongly encourage him to speak to the children as soon as possible. They're only little and it should be done in an appropriate way for the family, eg. Mum's gone up to be with the angels now but she's always looking after you, but I think they definitely need to know.

Otherwise they'll also be confused by all the grief surrounding them - children are particularly perceptive of the emotional climate in a family.

Thanks so much for your input, I really appreciate it! I was curious as it didn't feel right to me, but I wasn't sure if my thoughts were out of kilter.

I hope the poor little darlins are being well supported and feel loved - which I'm sure they do!

Not sleuthing anyone in particular here Marly :) - but omg more pigs and guns :(

546922-b68665ee-ae8a-11e3-9d7e-f018f46e0213.jpg

Goondiwindi mum Alexis Jeffery, 24

There were police markings on the grass today, indicating blood stains at the top of the 20m-high bank.

Det Supt Isherwood said there was “no significant trauma” visible at the spot.

Police believe Ms Jeffery may have been walking either alone or with a group of people from the Goondiwindi CBD towards the Cultural Centre on Russell and Albert streets between 3.30am-5am on Sunday, March 16.

No COD or MOD released yet?

Hope they checked her cell phone account for a call or text from.....the person who murdered her and ditched her body in the water , leaving her babies with no mother. I hope she has family who are allowed to take the children out for a visit or trip to the park. Somewhere that their questions will be answered truthfully, poor little ones!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So horrible to hear this has happened and feel for her poor kids and family.

After joining WS I now have a fear of walking alone in secluded places in daylight let alone at night. In saying that she may have been drinking and that can make one feel bullet proof and care free. I hope the perp is caught asap. RIP to another young lady gone too soon.xx

Great post!!

I don't get what you mean by this? in saying that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but please enlighten me?

Hi Seabreeze - one of our recent cases in a country region, had friends that liked to go pig shooting. We just found some of the FB pics a bit much, and they are reappearing again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back