GUILTY NC - Robert Meyers, 25, Belmont, 20 Sept 2003

There is a guy that moved from Ohio ... Robert Myers, his parents are thinking the remains belong to him

"Robert Myers had only been in Belmont for about three months when he went missing. His parents moved from Ohio to Gastonia to see if they could find him.

“You have that little bit of hope, but he wasn’t the type of person who would just go off,” said Cheryl Wagner, Robert’s mother. “It leaves a hole in your heart, you’re empty.”

They said they even hired a psychic to look for clues.

“The psychic never mentioned, like, look in your backyard,” said Tim Wagner, Tim’s father.

“It’s getting hard for me everyday knowing he’s out there,” said Cheryl.

Police said it will take days to determine if the bones are actually Roberts, but the Wagners said they want closure.

“I just want to bring him home. Not that it makes it any easier, but then he’s close to me,” said Cheryl.

Gastonia police said they have been contacted by other agencies about some of their missing person cases."

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/local/partner/11725013.htm

The Robert Myers story is strange, isn't it? Wow.

The man goes missing in Belmont, his parents move to the area and buy a house in Gastonia to look for him, and his possible remains turn up adjacent to their property?

Sounds like fate, doesn't it? Wonder if it's him.

Also weird is that neighbor who remembers hearing screaming and gunshots and didn't call the cops.

i agree, i think this is all weird too. if the incident the neighbor heard though is realted it probably isnt him since she said she thought she heard female screams.

if it isn't though...what kind of an area is this that all this is going on in the woods?

GASTONIA -- Human skeletal remains found Sunday in Gastonia are that of a missing 25-year-old man, police said.

The remains have been identified as Robert Myers, 25.

"Based on evidence recovered at the crime scene, we have determined that foul play was involved," said Capt. Cindy Isenhour.

The skeletal remains were found on Moss Court in Gastonia. Investigators used shovels and sifted through debris looking for evidence.

Robert Myers had only been in Belmont for about three months when he went missing. His parents moved from Ohio to Gastonia to see if they could find him.

Myers' death is now being investigated as a homicide. A cause of death has not been released at this time. Anyone with any information is asked to call Gastonia Crime Stoppers at 704-861-8000.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/local/partner/11736195.htm

ok,
anyone think that it's a little too much
of a coincidence that this guys remains were found there?

i'm hoping that it was just a coincidence but
too me, it's screaming- look into the family more.

sharon25 said:
ok,
anyone think that it's a little too much
of a coincidence that this guys remains were found there?

i'm hoping that it was just a coincidence but
too me, it's screaming- look into the family more.
Why look at the family? They were living in Ohio and did not move down until after their son went missing. They moved down to try to find him.

Also, someone questioned the neighbor hearing screams and shots and not call police.....What can I say, it's Gastonia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back